Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan

Platinum has had a bit of turnover lately. They are doing a lot of same licensing projects and cleaning up messes, probably to break even.

I agree on Rising and Vanquish Tron, though I don't even know if we need to qualify Rising. The game is short and the exploration a bit messy, but the gameplay is so excellent imo. An improvement on the first Bayonetta and only eclipsed by the sequel imo.

Overall I thought Rising was a miss, but it sure as s**t wasn't because of the gameplay. That s**t was on point. Platinum just keeps biting off more than they can chew when they decide to work with Activision or take "salvage" products.

Overall I thought Rising was a miss, but it sure as s**t wasn't because of the gameplay. That s**t was on point. Platinum just keeps biting off more than they can chew when they decide to work with Activision or take "salvage" products.
They are a small company in need of funds. The only time I blame them for taking a project over late is StarFox. They couldn't fix the problem of wanting to integrate the pad imo.

As to Rising, I love everything about that game. It kind of reminds me of No More Heroes when it comes to the story. And I love the jokes poking fun at Kojima's insanity.

I bought the game like a hour ago but I have yet to play it watching star wars new hope right now but from previews I thought this game looked good and didn't platum make the new star fox? I know the new star fox got a lot of hate for its controls but I thought the new star wars game was good and out of the like 9 levels only like 2 did I have trouble with the controls. Also didn't they make wonderful 101? That was a solid and different game.

giphy.gif

What game is that?

Looks like crazy action going on in that photo there.

I bought the game like a hour ago but I have yet to play it watching star wars new hope right now but from previews I thought this game looked good and didn't platum make the new star fox? I know the new star fox got a lot of hate for its controls but I thought the new star wars game was good and out of the like 9 levels only like 2 did I have trouble with the controls. Also didn't they make wonderful 101? That was a solid and different game.
They did not make the New Star Fox. They were brought in late to try and fix the combat. They did make The Wonderful 101.

Looks like crazy action going on in that photo there.
That is the first level of the game. IMO Bayonetta and Bayonetta 2 are the best games the genre has to offer. Ahead of DMC3 and Ninja Gaiden Black.

I don't know if they're the best, but I think they're my favorite.

They did not make the New Star Fox. They were brought in late to try and fix the combat. They did make The Wonderful 101.

Oh I thought they made star fox but like I said I didn't have that much trouble with the controls and I felt like the game had the kind of classic SNES star fox feel to it. I think it is like a 8/10 game. I still need to play more of wonderful 101 though.

That is the first level of the game. IMO Bayonetta and Bayonetta 2 are the best games the genre has to offer. Ahead of DMC3 and Ninja Gaiden Black.

Oh I havnt played those games but I have heard good things about them.

I don't know if they're the best, but I think they're my favorite.
How would you rank them Soapy? Even since the first DMC, I have been hooked on the genre. My top 7 would be something like:

1. Bayonetta 2
2. Bayonetta
3. Ninja Gaiden Black
4. Revengeance
5. Devil May Cry 3
6. Devil May Cry
7. God of War 2

Oh I thought they made star fox but like I said I didn't have that much trouble with the controls and I felt like the game had the kind of classic SNES star fox feel to it. I think it is like a 8/10 game. I still need to play more of wonderful 101 though.

Oh I havnt played those games but I have heard good things about them.
The first two StarFox games are two of my brother's favorites, so we got a lot of hours out of them. I was really looking forward to the new one, but I don't want to have to deal with the pad.

I would recommend them, most definitely. I believe both can be had for rather cheap at this point, and it seems you do own a Wii U.

The first two StarFox games are two of my brother's favorites, so we got a lot of hours out of them. I was really looking forward to the new one, but I don't want to have to deal with the pad.

I would recommend them, most definitely. I believe both can be had for rather cheap at this point, and it seems you do own a Wii U.

I have about 12/13 games on the wii u still need to get Mario maker. I am not good at creating stuff but considering you can down load peoples levels I am sure there are some great levels out there. Donkey kong contry tropical freezes is worth getting for just its killer amazing soundtrack. When it comes to star fox I loved the SNES and the N64 one I never had didn't have a N64 but from the little I remember playing it at block buster back in the day I think it is way overrated. I bowred the star fox games that where on gamecube from a friend and didn't care for them much. The wii u one I didn't really have much trouble with the controls and the game pad. Really there are only a few levels where you really have to use the game pad for like ever thing and that are confusing. I was worried when I heard all the talk about the controls but I still got the game and I am glad I didn't let that stop me because the controls are not has bad has people said it was.

Also with

[YT]K1fS8jdtrC8[/YT]

• 1 day ago

Test Chamber – The First 30 Minutes Of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants In Manhattan

test chamber
on May 24, 2016 at 07:15 PM

Our review for Platinum's take on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles isn't ready yet, but that doesn't mean we can't look at the game's opening moments.
... More

source: GI

Alrighty. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhatten. So I got the game, and just completed the 2nd Mission. First impressions, not exactly what you'd call impressed. To be quite honest, I remember already having had more fun with 'Out of the Shadows', at the same point in the game.

Playing on normal, all by myself, because I want to finish the story mode first before diving into online MP. The game just feels way too frantic. Pretty much once the enemies spawn, the dog piling begins. You don't really have the time to try and get used to the combat, because rarely anyone is around to survive more than 1-2 hits from you.

Not that the combat is all that extensive in the first place. It seems like you have a very basic set of 4-5 combos and that's basically it. There isn't even a practice mode that teaches you the nuances of combat. Even 'Out of the Shadows' had that, and you had a whole list of Moves to learn. You can't even look up combos in the options menu. You have a very basic Tutorial that teaches you moving, jumping, attacking, dodging, wall climbing, picking up objects, and how to switch Turtles and use Team Moves. That's it.

I'm not writing it off right now, I know everyone tore 'Out of the Shadows' to pieces, and it received scores like 1/10, and I ended up liking it. In fact, it has to be one of my favorite TMNT games, because I sat down, learned the combat, adjusted myself to the pace, and had a great time beating it multiple times. It's the first and only game I ever got all achievements for.

So I am giving 'Mutants in Manhatten' a fair shot. I'll beat the story, then jump into the online Multiplayer on hard. Maybe that's how the game is meant to be played. With 3 other intelligent people and enemies that don't just die after your first combo. And if it still sucks, I'll be the first to admit it.

I rented it with a free Redbox rental ticket. Figured I won't be out anything.

So this isn't local co-op? Only online? Boo. Looks like I won't be getting this one.

This game was awesome I beat it on easy cause I didn't want to play it on hard
I like Leonardo I stayed with him through the whole game. I actually thought shredder was going to be hard but he was easy. Im hoping they'll make another ninja turtles game here in the future

So what's the verdict guys? I want to pick this up as a mindless beat em up, but the reviews I've read haven't been encouraging. Is it worth my time? Should I just wait till it drops in price?

Haven't made a lot of progress yet. Unfortunately I work this weekend. But I plan to beat it on monday, when I get the day off. But the first 2 missions were not encouraging. Not even as a mindless brawler.

Is this really an open world? Can we go to the top of the buildings and sewers?

Think I just finished Mission 4. Not really open world. I think the first Mission has one open district, the one we've seen in all the gameplay vids, and that's basically it.

Alright, here's my sorry attempt at a Review.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhatten. I wanted it to be good, early impressions didn't paint a pretty picture, but I kept my hopes up, but ultimately, it's just not very good. After releasing Legend of Korra, which was an okay-ish budget game, with pretty nice combat, and Transformers: Devastation, which was surprisingly good and had addictive fun gameplay, I was hoping that TMNT would be an improvement over the last two games, or at the very least be as good as Transformers.

TMNT has to be the worst of the 3 budget games released by Platinum Games so far. It's the most pretty to look at, but also the least fun to play. There's nothing even remotely resembling any of Platinum Games previous works. If you had any hopes for a TMNT game with a pretty nice combat system, this is not it. It's pretty basic. You have a weak and strong attack, and can string a number of different combos with them. You have a dodge, that depending on how you time it, lets you parry an attack and get an enemy off-balance, or lets you slide behind them, so you can basically ride piggy back, and pound their heads in. You know, that timed dodge might actually be the only thing that's classic Platinum.

Levels are pretty straight forward. Every stage leads to a boss encounter. But before you can get to the boss, you basically just run around, doing random tasks like finding enemy hideouts, hacking terminals, disarming bombs, catching a Foot Ninja before he can run off with a bag of money, protect Pizza Stalls, etc. And every time you finish one of these random tasks, the boss meter at the top of the screen fills up. And you get lead by April closer and closer, to where you'll eventually have the boss encounter. I think in Slash's level, I ran a good 15+ minutes through the sewer, from one random task to another, pretty much only beating a handful of enemies each time, until I reached the boss area. The Mission structure is just terrible. No other way to describe it.

So, we covered the combat system. Outside of the regular combat, you also have special abilities. You can equip up to 4, and continue to upgrade them. You have healing circles, can slow down time, have ultimate attacks which you can perform alone or as a team up attack, etc. There's a bunch that you can unlock as you level up and fulfill the necessary requirements for. Then there are also Charms, which are similar to those upgrades in Transformers: Devastation, which increases your Item Find percentage, your attack, defense, gives you invincibility while you revive your Teammates, etc. You can only equip up to 2 charms at a time, unless you play on Hard, then you get to equip 3. The charms are also upgradable.

I finished the game alone on Normal. It was a so-so experience. There was really nothing that wowed me. The whole game was basically just a dog pile fest. But I stuck with another TMNT game that was just torn to pieces, and was willing to give this one more chance. So I tried to play this online with other people, and on hard. It made it actually even less fun. Not because people didn't know how to play it, but because Hard Mode pits your squishy Turtles against enemies that will most of the time one-shot you, and just have a ridiculously big health bar. The usually short levels just got excruciatingly boring, as I kept wailing with 3 other people on a big robot, that kept one-shoting us. And once we got past that part, we had to fight off a Horde of Rock Soldiers, that would barely slow down, even though now we'd be sitting atop one of those annoying Robots, and rain a laser inferno down on them. Ended up just jumping from rooftop to rooftop, to gain some distance.

Final verdict ★★☆☆☆. The combat is smooth and responsive, but there's just no depth to it. Which would be more than fine for a regular street brawler, if the rest of the game were just any fun to play. If you still want to play it, definitely wait for a Price drop. Or just rent it for the weekend, and get it out of your system.

I'll stick with TMNT: Out of the Shadows. Might have gotten trashed by everyone and their mother, but I played it recently again and immediately had more fun, even if the combat is sluggish and has a pace that you need to get used to.

[YT]WSYcm86g4OQ[/YT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"