Actors Who Have Real Talent But Got Overlooked in Hollywood

Peter Saarsgard is a good one.

Sarsgaard is amazing, but once you host SNL, you are no longer overlooked.

I'll go with Don Cheadle. He's in a lot of stuff, but I never hear the accolades he deserves, even after Hotel Rwanda.

Patrick stewart is an academy award winning potential actor but probably will never get one because he works on the stage and has been eaten up by two massive science fiction based worlds...

Sarsgaard is amazing, but once you host SNL, you are no longer overlooked.

I'll go with Don Cheadle. He's in a lot of stuff, but I never hear the accolades he deserves, even after Hotel Rwanda.

Well, Cheadle just received a lifetime achievement award at the Critic's Choice Awards a week or so ago, but I agree, he doesn't get the recognition he deserves. He SHOULD have won that oscar for Hotel Rwanda. That film, and particularly his performance in it, were amazing. F**k Jamie Foxx's overrated ash.

Well, Cheadle just received a lifetime achievement award at the Critic's Choice Awards a week or so ago, but I agree, he doesn't get the recognition he deserves. He SHOULD have won that oscar for Hotel Rwanda. That film, and particularly his performance in it, were amazing. F**k Jamie Foxx's overrated ash.

True, he's well received in the industry but not with the general audience. Cheadle is one of the best actors working today, and although he gets respect, he doesn't get nearly the recognition he's earned. Look at how amazing he is in everything he does. He shines even when it's a small role in a crappy film.

Cheadle is not completely overlooked, but he is overlooked to a degree.

True, he's well received in the industry but not with the general audience. Cheadle is one of the best actors working today, and although he gets respect, he doesn't get nearly the recognition he's earned. Look at how amazing he is in everything he does. He shines even when it's a small role in a crappy film.

Cheadle is not completely overlooked, but he is overlooked to a degree.

My favorite cheadle film still may be Rebound

the Goat!

That's the first Cheadle role I ever saw. Great movie.

I love it....I haven't been able to find the DVD in stores though

My favorite Cheadle role is from Traffic, but a close second is Buck in Boogie Nights.

I'll definately agree with Sarsgaard, as well as many others mentioned.

Also, I'll add Rutger Hauer, Val Kilmer, Brendan Gleeson, and Parker Posey.

Hamill is interesting choice.

I agree with Biehn, Fraiser and Fillion.

BTW Jerry Orbach was a huge star of theatre and a Broadway legend. He was more a stage actor than a screen one, really.

Umm... What? most of these guys don't fit with this topic at all. Samuel L. Jackson is overlooked, seriously??

Samuel L. Jackson appears in every film made, ever :o

It's fact.

Samuel L. Jackson appears in every film made, ever :o

It's fact.

Let's be real, he only appears in 75% of all films.

He's cool and all, and a good actor but no where near overlooked. He hosted SNL, appeared in 3 crappy Star Wars films, and is generally regarded as one of the coolest guys around. Overlooked? Not in this lifetime.

He had that car accident right before finishing filming on his last Star Wars movie, and some said that he was pretty scarred up for awhile.....and maybe the time off made him realize that really wasn't what he wanted for his career...

:eek: I never knew that. That's too bad. :(

Mary Stuart Masterson. Whatever happened to her? She was great.

I'd say these guys are oeverlooked and should be getting roles

stop-stealing-my-photos.jpg

Bill Duke. He has had a moderately successful career but when I saw his performance in Predator, I thought he was one the way to being a legend. Had the right script come along, I still think he would have.

Originally posted by bullets
I'd say these guys are oeverlooked and should be getting roles
stop-stealing-my-photos.jpg

^

holy sh... CRAP .

Mary Stuart Masterson. I saw her last in HBO's "Something the Lord Made" (2004). She should at least been nominated for her performance there as the german doctor trying to break the glass ceiling in the forties.

Mos Def (hip-hop artist turned actor) also comes to mind. He was brilliant there as Vivien Thomas, the struggling lab assistant/heart surgery pioneer of the Blue Baby syndrome.

MosDef.jpg

Hamill is interesting choice.

I agree with Biehn, Fraiser and Fillion.

BTW Jerry Orbach was a huge star of theatre and a Broadway legend. He was more a stage actor than a screen one, really.

Yep, from 42nd Street to Carnival to Guys and Dolls. And of course, Chicago. I was actually rooting for Jerry Orbach to play Billy Flinn in the 2002 movie rather than Gere. There's something about Gere's singing voice that seemed ...wrong, and flat. Its like he had a frog in his throat the entire time.

So as I was going through my betamax collection, I just wondered what

happened to this kid:

bol-daryl_104.jpg

Barrett Oliver in his title role of D.A.R.Y.L. (1988)

If given more roles, he can act.

Sorry if any of these have been mentioned before, but here are a few...

Cary Elwes - Okay, when he plays an American, he tends to come off like a tool (although I am one of the few who thought he did really well in Saw), but when he sticks to his roots, he really can nail the whole dashing hero thing. Brilliant in The Princess Bride and Robin Hood:Men in Tights.

Gina Gershon - Okay, she's been in some BAAAAAD stuff (Showgirls) but seriously, what actor hasn't paid his/her dues in a crappy movie. I've never understood why someone as smoking hot and talented as Gershon never made it big. I'd rather watch her than goddamn talentless Jessica Alba any day of the week.

Bill Pullman - His career faded just as it was really taking off. Not sure what happened. He could do the action hero thing (Independence Day), the romantic lead (While You Were Sleeping) and be the funny man (Spaceballs). Not sure what happened. Did Lake Flaccid kill his career?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"