Actors Who Inexplicably Disappeared

Discussion in 'Misc. Films' started by Deck Rickard, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Drizzle I'm gonna get real weird with it

I was gonna bring up Kate Bosworth in this thread but apparently she's still been working steadily, just under the radar. Not that I miss seeing her in things since I was never a fan of her as an actress, I just couldn't think of anything she was in between Superman Returns and now without Googling it.

2. Schlosser85 Watchful Protector

He’s good in The Lost City of Z.

3. Joined:
    May 2, 2012
    Kate Bosworth just wasn't a good actress to begin with, so I'm not surprised she hasn't been seen in better flicks in general. She is married to a director who isn't very good either, so she is mostly stuck doing his projects.

scarlet-witch likes this.
  4. Deck Rickard Dovahkiin

Yeah Bosworth was never very good. I actually thought (acting-wise) she wasn’t terrible in Superman Returns; the characterization of Lois was just awful and she looked too young for the version of Lois she was supposed to be playing. But she did what she could and maybe she could have been better had she not been playing opposite a 6’5” plank of wood in a bad wig.

That said, she’s usually pretty meh so it’s not a big surprise she kinda evaporated.

5. scarlet-witch Stormborn

A clip from Big Love came across my Youtube recs and it got me thinking about Daveigh Chase, because I haven't seen her in anything since. I looked her up and it looks like she's been arrested multiple times over the years for drugs, stealing a car, and apparently dumping a dying man off at a hospital.

That's a shame, she was talented.

6. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

What's happened to Charisma Carpenter?

7. MOVIELORD101 Utter Smeghead

Who?

8. thangaran Registered

Kate Capshaw as well. Lori Loughlin

Black Narcissus likes this.
  9. Joined:
    May 2, 2012
    lol

Lori Loughlin. This gotta be a joke.

10. Milk Tray Guy 70s Man of Action

Last thing I remember seeing her in was one of the Expendables movies as Jason Statham's girlfriend. It wasn't a big part.

11. Deck Rickard Dovahkiin

Yeah that is a shame. She was really good in The Ring.

scarlet-witch likes this.
  12. LibidoLoca Politically Delicious

Cordelia from Buffy.

13. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

Guest starring in TV shows.

She was a guest star on Fox's 911 and CW's Pandora last year.

Outside of Buffy, Angel and a couple shortlived shows that got cancelled after one season her whole career has pretty much been guest roles on Tv shows and supporting roles in movies.

She had a kid and later got divorced so perhaps supporting or guest roles suited her lifestyle if she is raising a kid alone.

She has only had a few leading roles in career. She is 49 and not a prestigious actress so her options are probably limited in Hollywood

14. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

This and more.

Fox basically got a bad reputation, his movie career never really took off and he wasn't all that enthusiastic about being a Hollywood actor. Even back in 2012 he was giving interviews in which he talked about potentially quitting the industry if he didn't land some good roles and how he originally wanted to become a banker.

Fox lives in Oregon and flies planes.

15. Drizzle I'm gonna get real weird with it

Don't know if you're serious about Lori Loughlin, but Kate Capshaw retired from acting almost 20 years ago. Retirement is easy when you're married to Steven Spielberg. Personally, I don't think the acting world really lost much talent there. :o But it's not even like she was a huge star anyway. The only two films of hers I can name without looking her up are Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom and Space Camp.

16. RockSP MYTH SMITH ˆž∞!!!

I know I've seen Space Camp but I don't remember her or anything else about it lol. The other movie I know her from besides Indiana Jones is called Black Rain, which I remember watching on hbo back in the day. Starred Michael Douglas.

17. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

What happened to the actors from the other Black Rain movie that came out the same year as the Michael Douglas one about the same theme?