Actors Who Inexplicably Disappeared

Superhero?
Honestly don't remember a movie where I'd like to see him. Basically JGL is a 10-15th choice for anything behind Leo, Cooper etc. But maybe Sony cam make a SpiderVerse movie with him and Tobey. LOL

Hardy has possibly more mad max movies as well now that things have been settled between wb and Miller.

Hardy also has support from frequent collaborators Christopher Nolan, Steven knight and Ridley Scott.

Hardy's career should be fine in the foreseeable future

Hartnett never care much for the celebrity side of the business. Some actors just aren't into that side of things and find it a struggle.

I know Rupert Grint is on a few shows in England but considering he was the best actor out of the HP Trio, I'm surprised he's not in more things.

I miss Chris Tucker. From 1998 to 2007 all he did was the Rush Hour movies.

I miss Chris Tucker. From 1998 to 2007 all he did was the Rush Hour movies.

And since then has only done two small parts in a David O. Russell movie and an Ang Lee movie.

Here’s to his comeback in Rush Hour 4!

I know Rupert Grint is on a few shows in England but considering he was the best actor out of the HP Trio, I'm surprised he's not in more things.

I’ve heard a few people say that Grint was the most talented of the young Potter cast but I never could see it. Maybe that’s just because for at least half the series, they turned Ron (one of the best characters in the book) into a buffoon and a comic relief character, but I honestly never found him very impressive. Radcliffe and Watson have had more success, I think, because they’re better actors. I also think Felton would have done better if he hadn’t somehow aged 20 years since the last movie lol.

I’ve heard a few people say that Grint was the most talented of the young Potter cast but I never could see it. Maybe that’s just because for at least half the series, they turned Ron (one of the best characters in the book) into a buffoon and a comic relief character, but I honestly never found him very impressive. Radcliffe and Watson have had more success, I think, because they’re better actors. I also think Felton would have done better if he hadn’t somehow aged 20 years since the last movie lol.

Felton has done okay. He was in Rise of the Planet of the Apes and is on The Flash.

And yea I never thought Grint was an especially good actor or anything. Plus he's goofy-looking, which just makes it hard for actors.

I don't miss Chris Tucker.
giphy.gif

I agree. Think Motherless Brooklyn is Norton's last chance. Crowe had two ambitious movies in last five years and both failed. Hardy has Fonzo, Taboo S2 and Venom 2 next so who knows how his career will look like in '21.

JGL, miss that guy. But now when he's almost 40 I don't know what type of roles he'd fit.

I haven’t seen it but supposedly Crowe is excellent in The Loudest Voice. I think Boy Erased also got some good buzz so I think he’s doing okay, professionally. He’s just not a typical leading man anymore, but that’s fine.

As for Hartnett... I always wondered what happened there. I know he turned down Superman but other actors have done that and been okay. I think he was also in a string of bombs that hurt him.

I feel like Hartnett just didn't want to be part of the whole Hollywood/movie star/celebrity thing anymore.

And Crowe is doing okay. I think he hurt his hot leading man status back when he had it in the late 90s-early 2000s by being difficult and roughing up producers, but he wouldn't have that anymore nowadays anyway when he's old (by movie star standards) and chubby. He's settled into character actor-ish supporting roles like Man of Steel and Boy Erased.

Another person who used to be a hot leading man and has now settled into supporting mentor type roles is Kevin Costner, who I actually personally think is a better actor now than he was when he was young and popular. Or maybe he's a better supporting actor than a leading man. I used to think he was absolutely dull as a post, but he's enjoyable in stuff like Man of Steel, Jack Ryan Shadow Recruit, The Help, etc.

Actually he was pretty good as Pa Kent, he just had bad material. When kid Clark asks "can't I just keep pretending I'm your son?" and Costner hugs him and says "you are my son", that sounded more emphatic and emotional than hardly anything else I've ever heard Costner say in his life.

Last edited:
Another person who used to be a hot leading man and has now settled into supporting mentor type roles is Kevin Costner, who I actually personally think is a better actor now than he was when he was young and popular. Or maybe he's a better supporting actor than a leading man. I used to think he was absolutely dull as a post, but he's enjoyable in stuff like Man of Steel, Jack Ryan Shadow Recruit, The Help, etc.

Actually he was pretty good as Pa Kent, he just had bad material. When kid Clark asks "can't I just keep pretending I'm your son?" and Costner hugs him and says "you are my son", that sounded more emphatic and emotional than hardly anything else I've ever heard Costner say in his life.

Agreed. He is a better actor now than he ever was. There was a time he was on top of the world with The Untouchables, Bull Durham, Field of Dreams, Dances with Wolves, Robin Hood, JFK and The Bodyguard. Hell of a run. Then his ego and the one-two-three punch of Wyatt Earp, Waterworld and The Postman (which he also directed), sunk his career.

But he's definitely having a bit of a comeback as a supporting character actor.

The Postman is one hell of a bloated, self-important movie with a really silly plot.

Yeah I agree, Costner is really good and even though the characterization of Pa Kent put a lot of people off, his acting was top notch in that film, particularly in the aforementioned “you are my son” scene. Actually made me cry.

I never saw The Postman but I read the book and it was terrible so I never had any interest in the movie. I actually liked Waterworld (it was dumb but a lot of fun) and I think it probably wouldn’t have hurt him career-wise if the budget hadn’t ballooned up to massive proportions (though these days that budget is standard for pretty much every attempt at a Hollywood blockbuster). Wyatt Earp had the misfortune of being released shortly after a better film about basically the same thing. Costner’s version wasn’t bad but it was bloated and you could tell his ego was off the charts at that point, because Doc Holliday is barely in it (despite an amazing, Christian-Bale-in-The-Machinist type of transformative performance by the always underrated Dennis Quaid).

Nicolas Cage he definitely is an actor who more or less has disappeared from mainstream Hollywood as well as other actors like Antonio Banderas, Wesley Snipes, Jean Claude Van Damme and Emilio Estevez

Nicolas Cage he definitely is an actor who more or less has disappeared from mainstream Hollywood as well as other actors like Antonio Banderas, Wesley Snipes, Jean Claude Van Damme and Emilio Estevez

Oh no, Cage has been pretty active. He is no longer maybe on big budget Hollywood movies, but he mixes low budget direct-to-video stuff with genuine interesting independent movies.

Does Emilio Estevez still act? I haven’t seen him in anything in a long time. Most of the Brat Pack has kind of faded into obscurity I guess.

Apparently Emilio was in a movie just recently...The Public but I don't think it was that mainstream but still he has rarely acted since 1996...Yeah sure he was in 2006's Bobby but other than that what has he done since then besides The Public which came out like earlier this year?

Which he also directed. He’s more into directing his own smaller projects now.

Watch The Way from 2010, directed by Estevez, I loved that movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"