Adam Strange

Lobo

Daisy is <3
Reaction score
To me Adam Strange seems exactly the kind of character Gunn will have on his radar.

Adam is a human archeologist turned space faring adventurer, when a zeta beam transports him from earth to the planet Rann.

321017911_549900200075870_7235461243109872959_n.jpg

What are your thoughts on a potential movie. I know there were talks in the past.

I'd like to also eventually see the Rann/Thanagar war on screen

Well, Adam Strange and the Rann-Thanagar War both currently feature in the Tomorrowverse animated movies (Green Lantern: Beware My Power, and the DC Showcase: Adam Strange, which the makers have said is a direct tie-in), so my guess is they are (or, at least were) considering something on the live-action front.

I had him as one of the films I think may be in the slate.
An obscure character, such as etrigan, zatanna, Deadman, etc.

I’d like to see Gunn prioritize “obscure” characters like Static, Zatanna, and Plastic Man before Adam Strange. But if it’s well-made, of course, I could be about it.

Or even a Booster Gold film in the vein of something like The Adam Project could be a fun project for Gunn.

Adam Strange could instead be featured in a Green Lantern reboot with a plot set in the middle of a Thanagarian/Rann war.

I’d love a Blue and Gold film with John Krasinski as Ted Kord and Ryan Reynolds as Booster Gold.

I want a Nightwing and Batgirl film.

And I want a Kirby (not Morrison) inspired Fourth World film that includes all of the wildest aspects of that world, including the Forever People, Vermin Vundabaar, Dr Bedlam, Lightray, the Deep Six, Forager and the Bugs. I want the whole Fourth World Bronze Age nuttiness.

I’d love to see James Wan resurrect the excellent Swamp Thing television show into a feature film.

I’d love a Red Hood and the Outlaws film in the vein of Guardians of the Galaxy.

I’d love a Richard Dragon film set in the 1970s with Richard Dragon retconned as an Asian man like he was in the animated Batman Soul of the Dragon film. I want him to interact with Bronze Tiger and fight David Cain and Lady Shiva. It should fully lean into a retro 1970s Kung Fu aesthetic for the film.

I want Pierce Brosnan to return as Dr. Fate and team with Zatanna against Felix Faust.

Those are my wishlist.

I’d love a Blue and Gold film with John Krasinski as Ted Kord and Ryan Reynolds as Booster Gold.

And I want a Kirby (not Morrison) inspired Fourth World film that includes all of the wildest aspects of that world, including the Forever People, Vermin Vundabaar, Dr Bedlam, Lightray, the Deep Six, Forager and the Bugs. I want the whole Fourth World Bronze Age nuttiness.

I’d love to see James Wan resurrect the excellent Swamp Thing television show into a feature film.

I’d love a Red Hood and the Outlaws film in the vein of Guardians of the Galaxy.

I’d love a Richard Dragon film set in the 1970s with Richard Dragon retconned as an Asian man like he was in the animated Batman Soul of the Dragon film. I want him to interact with Bronze Tiger and fight David Cain and Lady Shiva. It should fully lean into a retro 1970s Kung Fu aesthetic for the film.

I want Pierce Brosnan to return as Dr. Fate and team with Zatanna against Felix Faust.

Those are my wishlist.

A Richard Dragon limited series would be great too. I’d love for it to be set in the Reeves universe though.

Those are my wishlist.
I'd love to see everything on this list! Love it.

None of that has anything to do with Adam Strange though :oldrazz:

Last edited:
I'd love to see a live-action take on Tom King's Strange Adventures. Gunn is a huge fan of the book, so anything's possible.
Really? I’m a huge fan of Tom King. But certainly not that book. I found it appalling. Do we really want to Adam Strange’s first film to
introduce him as being a war criminal who eventually pulls a gun on his wife and dies in the midst of a domestic violence incident.
Tom King, with his background in the CIA, just wanted to tell a story of how war affects people and can bring out internal darkness. He has admitted in interviews that he chose Adam Strange because he didn’t think anyone cared about the character enough to get upset.

Just reading that makes me want to vomit. I've always seen Adam Strange as a loving, devoted husband and father. He'd give his own life before he did anything to hurt his wife and child.

Really? I’m a huge fan of Tom King. But certainly not that book. I found it appalling. Do we really want to Adam Strange’s first film to
introduce him as being a war criminal who eventually pulls a gun on his wife and dies in the midst of a domestic violence incident.
Tom King, with his background in the CIA, just wanted to tell a story of how war affects people and can bring out internal darkness. He has admitted in interviews that he chose Adam Strange because he didn’t think anyone cared about the character enough to get upset.

I didn't say anything about it being the first Adam Strange film. lol

I feel like Matthew Vaughn would make a good Adam STRANGE movie.

Adam Strange should basically be like a modern update of Flash Gordon serials and pulp fiction sci-fi stories.

The problem is, how do you differentiate it from Guardians of the Galaxy? You could go for a lower budget and do something like Hercules and Xena.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"