The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Admitting Disappointment

Oh well,after two months I still love this movie, I wasn't letdown.

the birthday thing before the release was just an exaggeration and the rhino suit before its release was just a prop seeing how awesome the new rhino looks

I am willing to be the birthday stuff was all true but just cut because look how ridiculous the rest of the movie is ESPECIALLY Foxx.

And what?

After the massive backlash against anyone who didn't say that TASM1 was going to be the BESTEST MOVIE EVER in its leadup, I decided it would be better to avoid this forum in the leadup to TASM2. I thought it might be mediocre, but I never dreamt it would be as bad as it was which is down in Green Lantern territory.

Since I had zero expectations for Green Lantern (and most of the other truly awful comic book films), it is probably my most disappointing since The Last Stand.

The-Last-Stand-poster-final.jpg

Hey Webhead,i'm not attacking you or whatever else but what you liked most about this franchise/movie and what you hated most?

Please don't think I'm joking.

Hey Webhead,i'm not attacking you or whatever else but what you liked most about this franchise/movie and what you hated most?

Please don't think I'm joking.

What did I like most and what did I hate most?

What I liked most was probably the swinging scenes with Spider-Man in both. Some of it looked choppy in the first, but most of it was cool. Really well done in the second.

What I hated most is the villains...that or the fact I just do NOT like Peter Parker in these. It is an issue if I don't like the main character.

I agree on the villains,I didn't hated them but Raimi had more solid villains that's for sure.

You don't like Peter and Spider-Man? What about the suit? who did better?

Emma don't save the movies for you? :woot:

What don't you like about this Peter? He doesn't seem like much of an ******* as people are making him out to be. Intact the ultimate spiderman cartoon version is even worse

Though the trailers had me really excited for TASM2, I still lowered my expectations as I was afraid they were going to mess this up but ended up really enjoying the film and still would have! I didn't expect this to be the best Spidey film ever (I had that feeling towards SM3 and just had a 'meh' reaction after watching it) but I think I still would have had high expectations nevertheless.

If Sony hadn't edited out this movie to death it would've received the positive reviews it deserved along with the box office records they should've expected

Edits were needed, just not on the cutting room floor. More like "edits" as in rewrites to the script before the first camera roll.

For the record, I enjoyed this movie but it's not the best Spidey film. So I say.

Edits were needed, just not on the cutting room floor. More like "edits" as in rewrites to the script before the first camera roll.

For the record, I enjoyed this movie but it's not the best Spidey film. So I say.

Oh I enjoy the movie too. But this franchise really deserves alot more positive attention. And I also know the edits are also rewrites.

I don't blame Teekay because 1) I know he and I don't really share the same "taste" in some of these films (see Thor 2), and 2) my gut feeling said he was making stuff up.

After having seen ASM2, and with Teekay's sudden departure and disappointment of this film (and "oh they must have cut all the awesomeness!!"), I am even more convinced it was all ********.

I also had some worries about this film Before - in particular Max Dillon, Green Goblin, Emma's fate and Rhino. But I have to admit, and as you all know, I was VERY hopeful of this film and thought it'd be something special even with those concerns in mind. I blindly hoped those were just worries that would play out much better in the film.

Boy, was I wrong. This is the biggest Disappointment I've EVER felt for a film. Yes, more so than SM3.

I don't blame Teekay because 1) I know he and I don't really share the same "taste" in some of these films (see Thor 2), and 2) my gut feeling said he was making stuff up.

After having seen ASM2, and with Teekay's sudden departure and disappointment of this film (and "oh they must have cut all the awesomeness!!"), I am even more convinced it was all ********.

I also had some worries about this film Before - in particular Max Dillon, Green Goblin, Emma's fate and Rhino. But I have to admit, and as you all know, I was VERY hopeful of this film and thought it'd be something special even with those concerns in mind. I blindly hoped those were just worries that would play out much better in the film.

Boy, was I wrong. This is the biggest Disappointment I've EVER felt for a film. Yes, more so than SM3.

No what teekay saw was true. I mean there are several articles explaining what was cut. Also teekay left?

Man of Steel was the biggest disappointment for me ever.

Besides that, I would say Ang Lee's Hulk and here's why. I was a 10 year old kid who first heard of the Hulk. My mom brought me some of the modern cartoons and showed me the old school cartoons and the TV show. She grew up and liked the show.

Now for a 10 year old kid who wants to see Hulk smash, it was a disappointment. Now that I'm older, I see the depth in it and respect it but I feel in my 10 year old self it was just disappointing.

Man of Steel for me too. I'd been waiting for a good Superman movie for more than half of my life and... Yeah.

The movie isn't terrible to me, but more than anything, it's just so god damn dissapointing.

IMO, Man of Steel and TASM2 are veeery similar in terms of what the fans think about it.

I wouldn't say I'm disappointed in TASM2 since I knew it wouldn't be good but I am disappointed in some things but I'm just like "da ****".

For example, they used the same plot as Star Trek Into Darkness. Same writers used the same Khan Blood for Peter. It was stupid in STID and it's stupid here.

No what teekay saw was true. I mean there are several articles explaining what was cut. Also teekay left?

Don't know if he's around here, but I haven't seen him post in a very long time.

Do you know of any of said articles? I have a hard time believing ASM 2 went from "TDK of the Spider-Man films" to one of the biggest disappointments in a long time due to cutting.

also, he still hasn't put up his "comparison".

Exactly!

Bad cutting or not, I don't think this film did such a 180 degree turn because of some scenes being cut and some alternate scenes. All those (in many people's opinion) terrible scenes and bad writing is still there even with added scenes.

It's not like Webb filmed two completely different films and decided to go with one and scrap the other. To some people (Teekay going 'whops!', and now Spider Knight desperately trying to hold hope for this film) it sounds as if every single scene had a much superior version that Sony for some reason didn't go with.

The problem with this film lies in the foundation. The parents subplot, Harry out of nowhere, Max Dillon and Rhino, terrible dialogue and script etc. No "Director's Cut" will ever fix that!

I still don't believe totally in Teekay,not saying "BUT HE WAS RIGHT!", we'll see.

He still likes the movie, just so you know guys.

Just not as much as before.

Exactly!

Bad cutting or not, I don't think this film did such a 180 degree turn because of some scenes being cut and some alternate scenes. All those (in many people's opinion) terrible scenes and bad writing is still there even with added scenes.

It's not like Webb filmed two completely different films and decided to go with one and scrap the other. To some people (Teekay going 'whops!', and now Spider Knight desperately trying to hold hope for this film) it sounds as if every single scene had a much superior version that Sony for some reason didn't go with.

The problem with this film lies in the foundation. The parents subplot, Harry out of nowhere, Max Dillon and Rhino, terrible dialogue and script etc. No "Director's Cut" will ever fix that!

Oh come on man, don't be like that. I'm positively sure the film was originally suppose to be TDK of films. Okay so you don't like the dialogue but other people even myself wants to see more of the film. That and SM1 had bad dialogue and that film was great. So just believe in teekay and believe in hope :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"