The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Admitting Disappointment

Teekay's review - well, any fanboy who can see a big comic book movie months before its release will write positive things, I'm absolutely sure.

And honestly I had huge expectations and was expecting a maybe dumb but still very entertaining big summer movie. That just didn't happen.

Teekay's review - well, any fanboy who can see a big comic book movie months before its release will write positive things, I'm absolutely sure.

Even if that person didn't like the first one?

Honestly...I felt something was off when they felt the need to cut MJ out of the film entirely.

Still, I kinda ignored that.

Even with the mediocre ASM1, I thought that they couldn't possibly make another Spidey film as weak.

I'm not disappointed in this movie...more like...surprised. I honestly thought they'd step their game up...instead, they got worse in some respects.

This movie is the MOS of 2014.

Honestly...I felt something was off when they felt the need to cut MJ out of the film entirely.

Still, I kinda ignored that.

Even with the mediocre ASM1, I thought that they couldn't possibly make another Spidey film as weak.

I'm not disappointed in this movie...more like...surprised. I honestly thought they'd step their game up...instead, they got worse in some respects.

the reason they cut mj out was because shailiene had a very busy schedule which made her had a few scenes. i'm also glad by this because if she had stayed longer no matter how pretty she looked she still might've had alot of backlash which would possibly result in her to harm herself

Quite honestly, my biggest disappointment, similarly to another user earlier in the thread, is not so much the critics as him as I don't care about them so much, rather to see other Spider-Man fans disappointed with it.

It's sad to see other people as passionate about the character as me who disliked a film, for various perfectly valid reasons, that I thoroughly enjoyed and rate very highly.

Opinion is all subjective so I'm not about to get angry or defensive to people who didn't enjoy it the same as I hope those people would be the same toward my views. I just feel sorry for you guys because I know what it's like all too well to be built up to see something you think is gonna be awesome for months, years even, but then get let down by it :/

the reason they cut mj out was because shailiene had a very busy schedule which made her had a few scenes. i'm also glad by this because if she had stayed longer no matter how pretty she looked she still might've had alot of backlash which would possibly result in her to harm herself

...ok.

This film was doomed when the first poster featuring Rhino, Goblin, and Electro was released for me.

This film for me fails even as a film, not just as an adaption. The theme makes no sense in time, the motives are weak, there is no character development.

Then again, these are the Transformer 2 writers.

Btw when I said I blame Teekay I was only joking lol

I think it didn't help that this movie was completely different from the first. I would believe that the two films were done by different directors.

Hit the nail on the head right here. I said this way back when the first batch of reviews came out and it seems like that statement has rung true.

I guess next we can expect "Spider-Man v Venom: The Sinister Beginning"

:oldrazz:

I think it didn't help that this movie was completely different from the first. I would believe that the two films were done by different directors.

that´s true, it feels like someone else directed this film compared with TASM, i like what they did with spidey changing him to a more wisecracking guy, but the problem with the movie is that it went from grounded superhero film with fantastical element to a bright superhero film just to follow trends and not doing it right, this franchise is going to be what´s popular in the time it releases.

My main problem with the movie is that they tried to do many things but most of them didn´t work or were underdeveloped, i mean i was wondering:
"why did Harry think Peter knew spider-man? just because he takes pictures of him?"and "why did Harry started laughting when he arrived to the power plant?" he never showed becoming crazy after he took the serum the writters relied on things that we know of the character instead of showing it or develop in the script.

Last edited:

This! I loved the tone of the first film. I feel this is one of those examples where Sony's "listening to the fans" was for the worse, when people complained about ASM being "too dark" and "too much like Batman Begins", which are pretty far fetched and ridiculous comparisions when talking about the tone of the first film.

Sony shouldn't listen to the fans! We don't know what we want. :o

:oldrazz: I'm kidding.

Will post my comparison review in a minute.

This! I loved the tone of the first film. I feel this is one of those examples where Sony's "listening to the fans" was for the worse, when people complained about ASM being "too dark" and "too much like Batman Begins", which are pretty far fetched and ridiculous comparisions when talking about the tone of the first film.

They weren't listening to the fans, don't worry. They were listening to the box office. The light-hearted, comic-bookey Avengers made more money than the dark and brooding Dark Knight so Sony changed direction. It's Sony being Sony and thinking with their wallet. Not that I blame them--they are a company--but I guess they don't realize that a good movie will make money too. Whatever.

They weren't listening to the fans, don't worry. They were listening to the box office. The light-hearted, comic-bookey Avengers made more money than the dark and brooding Dark Knight so Sony changed direction. It's Sony being Sony and thinking with their wallet. Not that I blame them--they are a company--but I guess they don't realize that a good movie will make money too. Whatever.

soo true, they went with the trend...they just want the money that comes with the name and do the minnimum to try and do a good movie, if this continues the name will keep loosing popularity to a point that people won´t care for spidey anymore

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiet.

What? I don't know him, he doesn't know me. If Teekay spoke the truth, then I don't think he cares the slightest that some anonymous person out there in the world doesn't believe him. And I don't care if he cares either for the exact same reasons, and because I have more reasons to doubt than to believe in this case. So far...

I think it's a case of both. They listened to the fans in regards to the suit, and Avi himself has said that he roams the Internet and reads about opinions. He, for example, said fans weren't pleased with the design of Lizard, and thus went the mechanic route with Rhino.

Almost there lads, just editing and adding stuff in. I didn't plan on posting today but there's always those people.:whatever:

What? I don't know him, he doesn't know me. If Teekay spoke the truth, then I don't think he cares the slightest that some anonymous person out there in the world doesn't believe him. And I don't care if he cares either for the exact same reasons, and because I have more reasons to doubt than to believe in this case. So far...

:up:

Almost there lads, just editing and adding stuff in. I didn't plan on posting today but there's always those people.:whatever:

Look,I never trust people in the internet besides some guys here and there.

But since you are posting your comparison then I can finally get this out of my head,I have nothing against you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"