The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Admitting Disappointment

For the record, guys, I actually liked this film to a degree but it does have serious issues that I'm simply stating my disappointment with in the "Disappointment" thread and how minor editing adjustments wouldn't have solved most of them.

I too was dissapointed with the movie, but I still really like it.

However, calling people "in denial" for liking the movie more than me, wouldn't be very classy, though, would it?

Last edited:

However, calling people "in deniall" for liking the movie more than me, wouldn't be very classy, though, would it?

You're right, that was a rude implication. My apologies.

Wait, do you even read posts or do you just jump in to post stupid stuff like this?

Did you even read what TeeKay posted or were you too busy asking me if I read posts?

However, calling people "in deniall" for liking the movie more than me, wouldn't be very classy, though, would it?

Thinking the movie would be great before seeing it is living in denial. Thinking the movie was great after seeing it is opinion.

Did you even read what TeeKay posted or were you too busy asking me if I read posts?

I did read the whole thing, but clearly you post in auto-pilot and are just plain ignorant.

Lol,I was always very optimistic about TASM2 and thinking that it would be great...and it was.

Thinking the movie would be great before seeing it is living in denial. Thinking the movie was great after seeing it is opinion.

I guess a lot of people were in denial than.

Thinking the movie would be great before seeing it is living in denial.

Umm, what? Those are actually little things called "expectation" I dunno if you've ever had them. :doh:

Umm, what? Those are actually little things called "expectation" I dunno if you've ever had them. :doh:

VQLGJOL.gif

...I'm sorry chaseter, but this makes no damn sense.

There is no reason/benefit for having high expectations. I can go on and on about movies that I thought would be great and ended up not being great. You are only setting yourself up for disappointment. Then, people go into denial about why it's getting bad reviews, bad box office, negative WOM, etc. It's the same thing over and over and over. Look here! Having zero expectations is the best way to see a movie. I stopped being a fanboy after SM3 and X3. It's made me enjoy good movies and realize when a movie is truly bad. Bias is a form of denial.

That... Actually kinda makes sense.

You said it real weird in your other post, though.

You've never been disappointed after seeing a movie you thought would be better?

There is no reason/benefit for having high expectations. I can go on and on about movies that I thought would be great and ended up not being great. You are only setting yourself up for disappointment. Then, people go into denial about why it's getting bad reviews, bad box office, negative WOM, etc. It's the same thing over and over and over. Look here! Having zero expectations is the best way to see a movie. I stopped being a fanboy after SM3 and X3. It's made me enjoy good movies and realize when a movie is truly bad. Bias is a form of denial.

Wow. Pessimistic, ain't ya? I understand your point of view, but there is nothing wrong with having high expectations for a film. Nor does it mean you're in denial. If anything, you seem to be the one in denial that films can ever meet expectations. Or at least that's how it seems. But, hey, you have your ways and I have mine. Whatever floats your boat, man. I do agree, however, that films are way better when you walk in with zero expectations. Even better without seeing any trailers.

Films being better with zero expectations is pretty much given, so I guess that's one good thing with being pessimistic.

It's a pretty sad attitude, though.

Wow. Pessimistic, ain't ya? I understand your point of view, but there is nothing wrong with having high expectations for a film. Nor does it mean you're in denial. If anything, you seem to be the one in denial that films can ever meet expectations. Or at least that's how it seems. But, hey, you have your ways and I have mine. Whatever floats your boat, man. I do agree, however, that films are way better when you walk in with zero expectations. Even better without seeing any trailers.

Nothing feels worse (entertainment speaking) than waiting hours at midnight on a Thursday for something you are overly hyped about to then feel angry or feel as if you wasted your life watching it.

It's better to be surprised than to be let down. Worst case scenario is you walk out ambivalent like you walked in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"