The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Admitting Disappointment

Good riddance to TeeKay. Can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Way too over-sensitive.

He saw a rough cut he probably broke the law by talking about online anyway.

All he said was that he loved it he didn't go into detail about the ruff cut before the movie came out it is to bad he is going to level.

Oh go to hell man :mad:
No. Rimz was the same way. Rimz wanted to be mr. cool insider and took things too seriously and personally when some fans disagreed with him.

Teekay got upset when another website wrote about the spoilers he posted on a free and public forum. He thought these forums were a secret. He was ridiculously naive.

I am not really sure why he is going away. I have been on hear almost ever day sences a few months before the movie came out and I cant rember any one really saying any thing that bad to other people on hear.

I like Tee.

He helped me with a school assignment.

I don't always agree with Vile One...but I do respect his bluntness.

He does not sugarcoat at all.

Those are a LOT of alternate takes. Snapping Gwen's head? Wtf.

Those are a LOT of alternate takes. Snapping Gwen's head? Wtf.

There was an article that mentioned different versions of her death were filmed.

I'm not surprised TeeKay thought the rough cut was much better. I posted that CBR article where Tolmach said they came up with the Sinister 6 idea during the process of making the movie, and DeHaan said it developed when they were showing people the movie.

Edit: found it http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?p=28843185&highlight=#post28843185

Last edited:
The signs that it was going to be a mess were there very early on. Several of us saw them, voiced our opinions about it, and lets just say things got messy around here for a while :o

Yes...yes it did. I stated back in December when the trailer was released that the movie looked crowded. Turns out everyone who stated that were right.

If that is basically the director's cut, then it still sucks.

Adding a couple scenes and changing some dialogue can't fix stupid. Also, all the stuff with Harry was even worse, as it is WAY out of character...more so than the movie already was. Electro and Rhino were always going to be hammy.

:down

webhead731 makes a good point. Are we supposed to like Harry more because he's insane enough to believe that he thinks he can save the world with the spider blood?

Last edited:
Spider-Blood makes sense to me, I'd imagine they'd work like morally viable, supercharged STEM cells.

After reading that, it's awfuly dissapointing that they cut some of that stuff out. This version adresses heaps of complaints that people had with the film.

• Spider-Man's quipping in dangerous situations
  • Gwen helping Peter with the Webshooters
  • No mention of Uncle Ben
  • Peter not learning anything
  • Using a Sony Vaio to deliver Gwen's speech (YMS),
  • Spider-Man theme whistling

All in all, it probably wouldn't have fixed the film for people who disliked it. I'm choosing to believe Teekay here, and if what he says is true, then Sony have crucified their franchise in order to try to world build. Disgrace if the SS stuff was added at the last minute.

Not sure what to think about the film now that I know what it could have been... Kind of upset to be honest.

I didn't hate it but that doesn't mean I liked it. It had pacing issues. Jamie Foxx was cast but Marc Webb did NOTHING with him. It felt more like a Green Goblin movie. The whole Doctor Kafka thing was annoying, etc.

It's still a bad movie but not one that's gloriously bad. It just can't rise beyond mediocrity and forgettableness. As it stands, it's completely outclassed by the competition and I really hope that Sony sells the rights back since they're damaging the only property they own in ways that Fox hasn't in years.

Plus, it's easier for Spider-Man to exist in the MCU than as a solo hero. All the other Avengers are out saving the world while gaining commercial and critical acclaim but Spider-Man is stuck in a rut where he's forever alone. Even JJ Jameson and the Daily Bugle are probably shared IP now that Marvel is developing Daredevil with Phil Ulrich presumably being part of that and Jessica Jones who needs JJ as a supporting character which kind of steals Spider-Man's thunder, along with Marvel confirming the Kingpin is a shared villain, then casting him in Daredevil, doesn't make a solo Spider-Man feel special.

It just feels like he's there hogging a release date like a cancerous growth and not doing anything special or interesting. He's simply THERE getting shrugs of indifference more than any positive hype.

If that is basically the director's cut, then it still sucks.

Adding a couple scenes and changing some dialogue can't fix stupid. Also, all the stuff with Harry was even worse, as it is WAY out of character...more so than the movie already was. Electro and Rhino were always going to be hammy.

:down

Right there with you. I don't see any of these supposed edits/cuts helping or hurting the film any less. The problem with this film is the approach to EVERY character. Each are just not very well thought out and it shows in the movie. Peter & Gwen seemingly seem to be the best of the bunch but I wonder how much if that is just their chemistry.

Still, I liked this film more than the first if not for the simple reason they made Spidey closer to himself and less like Batman.

Not being a huge Spider-man fan I'm not all that torn up over this or how poorly the movie was received or performed. But, man, let this thing go Sony. You're terrible at Spider-man.

I really don't understand how these little changes would transform ASM2 into Spider-Man's Dark Knight or something.

Agreed Milton, if you already hated the film, having an Uncle Ben moment wouldn't drag it back up to somthing better.

I think this cut might have got an extra 10% on RT to where SM3 is though, just sounds a little more polished.

I really don't understand how these little changes would transform ASM2 into Spider-Man's Dark Knight or something.

They wouldn't. It's just those who profess to have really enjoyed ASM2's way of saying "see, guys, it was a good movie!" :p

I'm being a bit rude but I was there with Superman Returns. Defending it out of denial only to have to come to terms with the fact it wasn't very good and not much can change that.

They wouldn't. It's just those who profess to have really enjoyed ASM2's way of saying "see, guys, it was a good movie!" :p

I'm being a bit rude but I was there with Superman Returns. Defending it out of denial only to have to come to terms with the fact it wasn't very good and not much can change that.

Go home guys, we've got the objective, dictator of all logic and reason here.

This whole talk as if people are in denial about the film, maybe they just liked it? Let's be a little more open minded, there's other views than just your own.

Go home guys, we've got the objective, dictator of all logic and reason here.

This whole talk as if people are in denial about the film, maybe they just liked it? Let's be a little more open minded, there's other views than just your own.

Just stating my opinion, sorry to step on toes.

Sorry, I should have added "IMO".

Maybe I should use that as a signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"