Ads...

Deep Thinkin'!

show meh dem fangs
Reaction score
You notice how they make sounds without you even moving your mouse over them... or how they expand and you can't find the close button?

They're starting to scare me... :o :csad: :ninja:

I've lost online games because of expanding ads, and I'll probably require therapy from hearing a talking ad say my name.

Am I the only one scared that one day they'll pop out of the screen and eat my head? :csad:

The goddamn Circuit City ads the Hype has frustrate me sometimes.

When I want to click on the Community Forum link, it links me to a shopping website!!! :cmad:

I use firefox and I still get ads sometimes.
Once I had my speakers full blast 'cause I was jamming to some music.
I forgot to turn them down.
One of those smilie ads came on.
HELLLOOOOOO!!!!
My adrenaline spiked and I felt like I could jump 500 feet into the sky.

They had that Halloween one up last year. You move your mouse over it and it let out a shriek. Pretty bad when you are listening to music.:csad:

sound? what sound? :p

i have never had an ad anywhere on my page with firefox.

I hate the smilie ones.
But the one that just set me over the edge was a ad for a movie named Abandon or something of that sort. My mouse hovered over it for just a second, and it expanded and I heard a scream...
loud screaming ad + full volume earphones = fright + hearing aid

sound? what sound? :p

lol, haven't read one of those in a while. :word: :up:
Never thought I'd miss it. :csad:

I hate the smilie ones.
But the one that just set me over the edge was a ad for a movie named Abandon or something of that sort. My mouse hovered over it for just a second, and it expanded and I heard a scream...
loud screaming ad + full volume earphones = fright + hearing aid

With headphones it's the worst. :csad:

The problem with my media player is that I have limited control over the volume so I have to turn up the volume to full blast... and when going through the hype BLAM... headache... :(

The worst was around Halloween, when every time a Hype page loaded you'd get that "each year, there are horror films made that are too terrifying for the general public...." voiceover :cmad::cmad::cmad:

This ad won't leave me alone.
ughfartbuttonadkp7.jpg

It's on every.single.page... and the worst part is that it makes noise without me even drifting my mouse over it... a fart noise... and I don't want to stop listening to music.
Damn my addiction to this hip song!

The goddamn Circuit City ads the Hype has frustrate me sometimes.

When I want to click on the Community Forum link, it links me to a shopping website!!! :cmad:

Yes. Thanks to those ads, I don't shop there anymore.

You can't trust them. I got a virus from downloading something from an ad. :cmad:

how about the ones for free stuff with buzzing and you have to shoot it to get to a site- all the time on kryptonsite and its always when i'm listening to music and i can't turn it down just switch the page fast. the new one for drugs as well that is meant to be about paranoia and its whispers and there is no way for it to stop. it drives me mad

I don't get that problem. Seems like firefox is the way to go.

One day, everyone will switch to Mac. . . then the l33t hax0rz will start making viruses for Macs and you will know the pain.

Or firefox. I like being able to play games. That means a PC

One day, everyone will switch to Mac. . . then the l33t hax0rz will start making viruses for Macs and you will know the pain.

Yeah, the l335 hax0rz have been TRYING to make viruses for OS X for six years and have so far been unable to produce anything that will self-propagate, bypass the OS's root level security or deliver a payload with any type of damage capability. I lurk on some of the same boards as the script kiddies and it frustrates them to no end. ;)

jag

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"