Advent Children, English version

Elijya said:
Snake from the Simpsons has a rolled up pack of cigarettes on his sleeve. I dunno, there's ways of being uncultured without being redneck, ya know?
I've..done it. I don't see what's so uncultured about it...:(

At the risk of sound like a n00b.... ADVENT CHILDREN IS AWESOME, I loved all of it, animation, action, sentimentality. The only thing it coulda done with was more involvement from Barret and Red13....

Really hope they do another, or a FF8 or FF9 version...

I would then die happy...

This movie Rocked!!!!!!!!:D

I dont know why they wont make a sequel game to final fantasy 7 they would make so much money:confused:

Generally I tend to be pretty good at avoiding movies that suck, which is why Advent Children is the most senseless piece of absolute crap I've watched in a long time. I thought watching this film would provide a good dose of nostalgia and remind of the good times I had playing through the magnificient Final Fantasy VII.

To say that I was wrong in my assumption would be understatement of the century. They took everything that was good about Final Fantasy VII and painted it with typical contemporary Japanese fetishes - overly metrosexual protagonists and antagonists sporting the latest hip gear (complete with silky haircuts, black leather, bell-bottom pants, sunglasses, mobile phones and zippers), an utterly ridiculous story, vomit-inducing dialogue and the most cliched-ridden and pretentiously overblown action-sequences ever. Even some of the lovable musical score of the game has been butchered and injected with rock and metal that almost made my ears bleed.

Square has really gone downhill after Final Fantasy IX, and after seeing Advent Children, I really hope the bastards never come back up again for making this pile of filth. I can't believe the same Tetsuya Nomura who had written the amazing story of the game itself would direct something so low that it feels like a big-budget Uwe Boll production.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll go play the lovely, timeless classic that is Final Fantasy VII now to wash away the bad taste left in my mouth after watching this abomination.

Wow, somebody's got a case of the mondays...

I wouldnt mind a FF 8 or 9 sequel now, hopefully with more realistic fight scene's though, didnt care for the flying in AC.

Please. Fighting in the Final Fantasy games has NEVER been realistic and it never should be.

Watch Spirits Within for your realism.

Well, i dont remember Cloud or Sephiroth flying in the game

They didnt do that in the game either, i just wanted them to stay on the ground a bit more.

It's not Tetsuya Nomura's fault you are afraid of heights AVEITWITHJAMON :p .

TheVileOne said:
It's not Tetsuya Nomura's fault you are afraid of heights AVEITWITHJAMON :p .

LOL, i just wanted to see more of a sword fight than a fly or jump fight thats all. The jumps, etc, made the moves hard to follow.

^

funk yeah!!!

i wasn't the biggest fan of VIII's story, but damnit, that was a cool game, and the visuals would lend themselves very well to a sequel movie.

TheVileOne said:
Please. Fighting in the Final Fantasy games has NEVER been realistic and it never should be.

Watch Spirits Within for your realism.

No, I never complained about "realism". I complained about the action being "pretentiously overblown". I don't like characters spending 20 minutes fighting in the air and landing spot on their bikes that somehow "follow" them on the ground. Or Cloud cutting through Bahamut's flare like a comet just because he was boosted by his pals. I'd have loved to see them pull off some great magic or summons with their materia like they did in the game. The action in the game was a little more sensible and down-to-earth than this pseudo Matrix crap. :down:

good lord.

Anyway, just watched the first trailer for Advent Children, and I reckon it just looks amazing...I really want to see the scene where the flower petals are falling, looks beautiful. I don't think I'll give it a rent though...just a buy :D

Phaser said:
No, I never complained about "realism". I complained about the action being "pretentiously overblown". I don't like characters spending 20 minutes fighting in the air and landing spot on their bikes that somehow "follow" them on the ground. Or Cloud cutting through Bahamut's flare like a comet just because he was boosted by his pals. I'd have loved to see them pull off some great magic or summons with their materia like they did in the game. The action in the game was a little more sensible and down-to-earth than this pseudo Matrix crap. :down:

i really enjoyed the action in advent children, i thought it was some of the more imaginative stuff i've seen put to screen...

but, i agree, i would've liked to see more summons, more magic, more limit breaks, etc. i think the movie would've been much better for it.

Mr. Credible said:
^

funk yeah!!!

i wasn't the biggest fan of VIII's story, but damnit, that was a cool game, and the visuals would lend themselves very well to a sequel movie.

I've just started playing 8 again recently and the visuals are stunning. And Squalls gunblade has to be the best weapon ever!!!!!!

The only thing that bothered me with the action was all of the flying, i wanted them to stay on the ground. I accepted the flying in the Bahamut fight, as it seemed necessary there, but in the sword fights i would have preferred tham to stay grounded more.

Mr. Credible said:
i really enjoyed the action in advent children, i thought it was some of the more imaginative stuff i've seen put to screen...

I don't believe there was anything remotely imaginative about the action in Advent Children. Most of the battles between the trio and Cloud on the motorcycles were nothing but bigger versions of the motorcycle stunts and rotating cars from MI2. I hated that crap. As for the rest, it looked very much like Agent Smith VS Neo from Revolutions, except with swords. And some of the swordfighting animations weren't as smooth and appeared too snappy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"