After reading these changes I'm pissed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norm3

Civilian
Reaction score
I see the Rat did whatever he wanted! Why couldn't he just use a different name for Trask!

SHH!: How did you pick the mutants though, particularly the new characters with new powers?
Ratner:
I just went through the comics and the materials and thought, "This is cool." They're what I thought was cool, and I just wanted to go in and put some color into it. It's a multi-racial comic, and Halle Berry was the only person of color in the last few movies, so I wanted to bring some flavor, as they say. They were inspired by the comics. For instance, Spike started as Kid Omega, but there was another character. I found one character that I liked and then I took the powers. For instance, Callisto has the power of another character who moves fast and has the telepathy thing. The girl from the wall looks like Psylocke but she has the power of one of the other characters. So I mixed and matched powers to service the story. Instead of having ten more actors in the movie, I just said, "You're going to have these three powers."

SHH!: One of the major changes from the comics was changing Bill Duke's Trask to be a government agent rather than the creator of the Sentinels. Why did you decide to change that?
Ratner: Yeah, because it has to service our story, I mean, this is not a comic book. This is a comic book movie, but the comic book is not the script. If you see what Bryan Singer did, if they followed the comic book, Wolverine would look more like me, a short stocky bulldog, you know? So you have to interpret the comic and work for the cinematic world. As far as Bill Duke's character, I didn't want the government to be villainous. I didn't want them to be a cliché, which was in the other movies but is what worked, but I didn't want to do it again. I didn't want it to be about the government, I wanted it to be about this cure. The President wasn't quite Bush, but he wasn't quite Clinton. I was kind of like trying to find a middle ground. I didn't want the villainous Trask in the comics to be a villain.

Yea...another rant thread! This has been discussed in the ARTICLE'S THREAD. I also see how Singer did whatever he wanted and had no correlation between Wolverine and LadyDeathtrike in X2 unlike their lengthy history in the comics. But guess what...it happens.

Trask is a villian...and to make him anything but is jsut plain...wrong!!!

Yes, one of the many things I hated. But get over it, really... **** happens.

Btw, I didn't like the new President. :down

speaking of pissed...er piss... i gotta go to the bathroom..

:rolleyes:

I never understood why people get pissed over something so easily thats not even in their hands..........or have a right for that matter

Now the Singer people will jump in and say "he'd have made it better".:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"