Ratner Iinterview

X-Maniac said:
Is domestic gross all that matters?

Why isn't the revenue from the rest of the world important????

It is. I was just stating domestic grosses. The main point of my post was correcting the budgets of X1 and X2. Others were saying the first cost only 60 and the second cost 130.

TrailerCues said:
The sad part is if there is an X4 FOX will probably hire him again because he submits to their every command. Ratner is a Studio Robot

Maybe so, he still turned in a better movie than both of Singers combined.

I say bring on X4 with Ratner at the helm!!

tonytr1687 said:
It is. I was just stating domestic grosses. The main point of my post was correcting the budgets of X1 and X2. Others were saying the first cost only 60 and the second cost 130.

I see...

With movie budgets rising as they are, while box office declines (home-theatre systems, people getting more fussy) and downloading increases, it's no wonder profit margins are falling.

LongDong said:
Maybe so, he still turned in a better movie than both of Singers combined.

I say bring on X4 with Ratner at the helm!!

You have no taste...

Next youre gonna tell me you loved Doom or Transporter 2?

tonytr1687 said:
You have no taste...

So everyone who doesn't agree with your opinion has no taste?

Hmm. It's called having different tastes.

Celestio said:
So everyone who doesn't agree with your opinion has no taste?

Hmm. It's called having different tastes.

No. It's my OPINION that he has no taste.

tonytr1687 said:

X2 was a horrible plotless rehashing of X1 with very bad action.

Just because you like mindless films does not mean that someone else who doesn't like them has no taste.

LongDong said:

Just because you like mindless films does not mean that someone else who doesn't like them has no taste.

You're confusing X2 with X3. X3's the mindless movie, not X2.

tonytr1687 said:
And it is my opinion that your post is idiotic.
I didn't know that you were a highly valued film critic that set the bar for what is tasteful and what is not.

LongDong said:

As a fellow poster who liked the movie...I have learned to keep my mouth shut because you will get nothing but negative posts bashing you and your preference for the movie. To which it will then spiral downward into Ratner, Penn, Kinberg, Fox etc... bashing.

WorthyStevens4 said:
You're confusing X2 with X3. X3's the mindless movie, not X2.

No actually I am not as X2 was basically an X1 remake in plot, with action scenes that made little to no sense.

Meh . . . another captive mutant used to produce a serum dolled out to other mutants, another doomsday device, and all the while the X-Men face off against the same "bad" guys (yet again) only to save the day in the end. Sounds about right to me.

Since when haven't the X-Men been one giant rehash? This is the same series that continues to pilfer the Phoenix over and over again as if it were something new . . . 30 years later. The rehash argument is dead in the water. It was finished before it began. This series has been rehashing itself since long before 95% of the posters on this forum were born.

BMM said:
Meh . . . another captive mutant used to produce a serum dolled out to other mutants, another doomsday device, and all the while the X-Men face off against the same "bad" guys (yet again) only to save the day in the end. Sounds about right to me.

Haha, you know I never thought of it that way. Excellent points about yet another doomsday plot device and the kid who secrets a substance that is shot into other mutants. Oh and once again - surprise surprise - Magneto is behind it all. Guess Matt Gardner and his parodies were not too far off, huh? :)

BMM said:

Since when haven't the X-Men been one giant rehash? This is the same series that continues to pilfer the Phoenix over and over again as if it were something new . . . 30 years later. The rehash argument is dead in the water. It was finished before it began. This series has been rehashing itself since long before 95% of the posters on this forum were born.
HAHA...I guess every superhero boils down to some simple equation.

Hugh'sMrs said:
You're right, Anna won her Oscar when she was a child, and for her very first film, beating out more experienced actresses --- a pretty remarkable feat taking all those things into consideration.

The 'and'designation in film credits is an honor signifying the importance of the person it's given to. Therefore, it's acknowledging Anna's special status. If you think it was some sort of afterthought or that it deems her less important than her co-stars, you're completely incorrect.

No, that's exactly what I thought it was too. It wasn't a knock at all. She was amazing in "The Piano" and I think she's a grown into a really terrific actress. :)

I really don't like this movie but personally I have no problem with anyone who liked the movie, that's great.

I'm glad you felt you got your money's worth and that what was delievered not just lived up to the source material but was also special in its own right. Everyone has different tastes so if you like X3 say it proudly however don't complain about people bashing X3 then do the same with X1-X2 simply to ghet back at them, you're doing the same thing you complain they do.

In any case I stumbled across this today, I was surprised at some results, not so much at others. This is a poll where industry heads, producers, studios and film makers make the voting. Ratner is on the list.

http://www.imdb.com/ri/LINK2_HP/BOT_BUCKET/42974/http://www.radaronline.com/features/2006/09/hollywood_poll.php

Theweepeople said:
Thanks for the link dude. So Ratner gets the biggest hack award. No suprise there. What is surprising is that ticket sales for X3 dropped from 123million to 7million during the second week?:eek:

The second Friday of this movies release it made 10,309,481. Saturday it made 14,328,792 and Sunday 9,378,974. According to my math that equals 34,017,247.00. There is a HUGE difference between 7 million and 34 million. I would hope someone would recognize a major error like that when discussing a summer blockbuster.

http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=x3.htm

LongDong said:
The second Friday of this movies release it made 10,309,481. Saturday it made 14,328,792 and Sunday 9,378,974. According to my math that equals 34,017,247.00. There is a HUGE difference between 7 million and 34 million. I would hope someone would recognize a major error like that when discussing a summer blockbuster.

http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=x3.htm

That is because there isn't a major error in the article. The author's word choice is specific. He says the film flatlined in its second week not in its second weekend.

DarknessOfDeath said:
Is there an option where I can vote for Ratner as a hack? :D

You'll change your mind again in a week, so, what'd be the point?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"