Reviews thus far, disapointment or delight? Changes?

T

THUNDERCHICKEN

Curious to have opinions of others on this one.

Soley based on the reviews I've read thus far, it's safe to say they dropped the ball on X-men: The last Stand.

Based on reviews at this point I am beginning to agree with many who say the film was rushed. I think they did a diservice to fans by putting a sub par movie out there only for the sake of getting money sooner.

For me, I'm dissapointed the Sentinels only appear in the Danger Room. For those who say Sentinels would not be believeable by main stream audiences, I say it's a comic book science fiction where characters have strange powers - I think believing the government developed large machines to capture mutants is not such a stretch for a sci-fi movie. Audiences could have wrapped their heads around that one. Sentinels could have made this a much better story. It could have gone hand in hand with the cure storyline or at least as a follow up to offering mutants a voluntary cure. I think the storyline could have been better if the Phoenix storyline was left out. It was such a small part of X-men United that it would have been better left out so the thirds installment could have focused on the cure and more sentinels. More main plot of Humans vs. Mutants and it turn Mutants deciding where they stand so that there is the sub plot of Mutants vs. Mutants as well.

It's unfortunate that Jean, Scott, and Professor X die (if true). However, it is a comic book movie so anything could happen if there were to be another sequel.

Next, I'm still dissapointed by Juggs size, look, and outfit for the movie. Even more now - I'm dissapointed by what appears to be lame dialogue. This character could have been so much better.

Still would have liked to see a different character for Angel. I like Kitty Pryde though and Beast too.

I don't like how the storylines focus so much on Wolverine, Magneto, and Jean Grey. In truth, I'm not a big fan of how they used the Phoenix storyline in the films. It's like they kind of just backed there way into it. I think in the first couple of films they missed the essence of the X-men and what makes them cool and maybe the first X-men movie gave the series a bad beggining to start from. What makes X-men great? It's the strong and different personalities with amazing powers. They are a team, and it's most exciting when you see lots of action like when they use their powers as a team.

A positive? It looks like the cinematography is good in this third installment. I like how they figured out the more superpowers the better and how they use those powers together as a team.

I'm not the largest comic book fan follower but I do enjoy the x-men characters and storyline. Like many of you, I think I could have written a better movie in my sleep.

Ok well that's nice. Now go see the movie and make an opinion based on yourself as oppose to others. :)

Celestio said:
Ok well that's nice. Now go see the movie and make an opinion based on yourself as oppose to others. :)

Good answer:) .

I already have the 26th off. I'm going to be in the Alamo Drafhouse on midnight of the 25th with a pizza and a pitcher of sangria.

If it's bad, I'll drink to the badness (or even make up a drinking game on the spot.)

If it's good, I'll drink to the goodness (and still make up a drinking game on the spot.)

This is one of those movies that is so polarizing (like X1), I'm resigned to having to not rely on any reviews. The entire pool has been poisoned by shenanigans on the positive and negative sides.

Rest assured though, if I don't like it, I'll say why. :)

David33 said:
Good answer:) .

Hehe thanks. It just annoys me when I see posts like that. A whole analysis of a film based on someone elses opinion. See it yourself and then by all means come on here and give a review - negative or positive. :)

THUNDERCHICKEN said:
Curious to have opinions of others on this one.

Soley based on the reviews I've read thus far, it's safe to say they dropped the ball on X-men: The last Stand.

Based on reviews at this point I am beginning to agree with many who say the film was rushed. I think they did a diservice to fans by putting a sub par movie out there only for the sake of getting money sooner.

For me, I'm dissapointed the Sentinels only appear in the Danger Room. For those who say Sentinels would not be believeable by main stream audiences, I say it's a comic book science fiction where characters have strange powers - I think believing the government developed large machines to capture mutants is not such a stretch for a sci-fi movie. Audiences could have wrapped their heads around that one. Sentinels could have made this a much better story. It could have gone hand in hand with the cure storyline or at least as a follow up to offering mutants a voluntary cure. I think the storyline could have been better if the Phoenix storyline was left out. It was such a small part of X-men United that it would have been better left out so the thirds installment could have focused on the cure and more sentinels. More main plot of Humans vs. Mutants and it turn Mutants deciding where they stand so that there is the sub plot of Mutants vs. Mutants as well.

It's unfortunate that Jean, Scott, and Professor X die (if true). However, it is a comic book movie so anything could happen if there were to be another sequel.

Next, I'm still dissapointed by Juggs size, look, and outfit for the movie. Even more now - I'm dissapointed by what appears to be lame dialogue. This character could have been so much better.

Still would have liked to see a different character for Angel. I like Kitty Pryde though and Beast too.

I don't like how the storylines focus so much on Wolverine, Magneto, and Jean Grey. In truth, I'm not a big fan of how they used the Phoenix storyline in the films. It's like they kind of just backed there way into it. I think in the first couple of films they missed the essence of the X-men and what makes them cool and maybe the first X-men movie gave the series a bad beggining to start from. What makes X-men great? It's the strong and different personalities with amazing powers. They are a team, and it's most exciting when you see lots of action like when they use their powers as a team.

A positive? It looks like the cinematography is good in this third installment. I like how they figured out the more superpowers the better and how they use those powers together as a team.

I'm not the largest comic book fan follower but I do enjoy the x-men characters and storyline. Like many of you, I think I could have written a better movie in my sleep.

the cinematography isnt good or nice.. it is expenisive, but completely not any creative angles or composition. I was talking about this online yesturday about how ANGELS RUNNING THROUGH THE WINDOW scene should have been done from the ground level... behind him (as he ran away) and over exposed and slightly slowed.

that is creativity! what they did in this movie is a shame

*xmenfan* said:
AHHHH there are toooo many threads

Seriously...There are a lot of negative threads here. I think we should merge them altogether so the fans can complain in that one thread. I mean there are fans who want to see this movie. I'm still looking forward to it :)

i firmly believe the only review that matters is my own
and some of these "reviews" sound like they were taken straight from the junior novelization

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"