Agatha Christie's "Murder on the Orient Express"

Visually, this looks really good, the cinematography, the clothes, the scenery, the props and the hairstyling.

I haven't seen or read the source material/previous adaptations of this, so Iiked the twist. Though the movie was quite average. Like I expected more crazy and thrilling moments. And some of the characters were underused.

Just came back from a screening.

Movie is okay but I don't like the ending.

What was Agatha Christie thinking? How can the detective
let them all get away? They are all murderers. They should all go to jail. Every single one of them.

Sorry but revenge is not an excuse for murder.

Found the movie quite disappointing.

I was braced for the take on Poirot as culprit-chasing action hero. I do not like it as IMO it undermines a lot of the basic appeal of the character: the cerebral over the physical. BUT I can understand the need to make the story more appealing to modern audiences.

But there are a lot of silly and contradictory elements. Poirot was on the train to solve a case elsewhere, yet he is summoned instead to the location of the sequel at the end. Did that pending case solve itself?

SPOILERS AHOY

Even worse, the changes in the roles of the cast to fit in a pretty younger actress and added material introduced around that made me think that the screenwriters lost track of the plot completely and forgot who was who.
A scene showns DaisyR with the geography book in her bag and the scene about her being a teacher develops. Later, the aristocrat-married lady mentions her geography schooling. Yet Daisy was the teacher of the young girl killed, while the other character was not that girl's sister, but the sister of the girl's mother. Looks like keeping everyone's relationship to each other straight was too much for modern writers.

I liked this movie quite a bit. I've never read any of the Poirot books, so I can't speak to how closely this stuck to the source material. I REALLY loved Branagh as Poirot; he outshines pretty much everyone else, though I also really liked Tom Bateman as Bouc. Stylistically, the movie looked pretty great too. My only real complaints were the guy who played the ballet dancer (talk about some baaaaaaad overacting) and how Poirot and the other characters never seem to get cold even though they're walking around outside on a snowcapped mountain, lol.

Just came back from a screening.

Movie is okay but I don't like the ending.

What was Agatha Christie thinking? How can the detective
let them all get away? They are all murderers. They should all go to jail. Every single one of them.

Sorry but revenge is not an excuse for murder.

It's vigilante justice. The "victim" was a known murderer who got away with his crime. That's why.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"