• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Marvel Television Agatha Harkness series on Disney+

Well they did call it "Agatha All Along" after all. It makes more business sense.

This would be a great opportunity to make this a full length song.
Why you reply to a 3 year old post?

Having multiple title changes just to reveal that "it was Agatha all Along" is so stupid and so funny to me.
Very funny that some people still don't believe it's a bit either. They said ages ago that it was Agatha changing the titles and the pilot episode starts as "Agnes of Westview". It's totally on brand, but people are so salty they got trolled. It's great.

Last edited:
Who even paid that much attention to it, though? Even half the people here, in a superhero forum, weren't aware of all or even any of the title changes. General audience had (probably still has) absolutely zero idea that this is coming let alone that it had this playful marketing ploy. I think it was unnecessary and I agree with the person who said it probably started as an actual change before they decided to take it into advantage to do... this.

I am aware of the title changes. They should be consistent with the title across the franchise:

She Hulk Attorney-at-Law should have been just She Hulk
Secret Invasion should have been just Nick Fury
Shang-Chi 1 should have been just Shang-Chi
Captain America 1 should have been just Captain America 1
No "The" for Fantastic 4 and Avengers 1

There's really no need for the extra words.

I think it was unnecessary and I agree with the person who said it probably started as an actual change before they decided to take it into advantage to do... this.
They said that the tile changes were "Agatha being up to her old skulduggery" eight months ago. Agatha was the secret 'director' of WandaVision and now she's changing the title of her own spin-off.

It's "Agnes of Westview" before she gets back to her Agatha persona. Then they probably have a different titles for each episode. Just building on the meta elements of WandaVision with the era appropriate intros.

Last edited:
Did they say if they are dropping it all in 1 day?
No but I think they are gonna keep it weekly. I think any future one day drops or daily drops might reserved for either animated shows or weird one off. Daredevil is probably the most anticipated live action show coming up, so I imagine they are gonna try to do weekly for it. I think in Echo's case, they knew interest wasn't going to hold week to week for it.

I also think weekly is just better for any show that has some amount of mystery to it
Fallout, for instance, should've definitely been weekly

Echo worked as a binge watch because there wasn't a lot to mull over episode-to-episode
Whereas Agatha like Wandavision before it, may be better off giving us time to stew and theorize

It felt like they dropped Echo in 1 day because they weren't confident with it.

I don't know whats the word with this. But if a streaming service has a good product in their hands, its better to spread them for weeks or months. That's what Peacock did to the second American season of The Traitors.

It felt like they dropped Echo in 1 day because they weren't confident with it.

I don't know whats the word with this. But if a streaming service has a good product in their hands, its better to spread them for weeks or months. That's what Peacock did to the second American season of The Traitors.

Fallout dropped in one day. The show was not only a critical success, it was a huge streaming hit for Prime Video. That rule is not absolute.

Fallout dropped in one day. The show was not only a critical success, it was a huge streaming hit for Prime Video. That rule is not absolute.
Well there's critical acclaim and a show attracting interest simply because its interesting enough regardless of the reviews...

Echo don't fall in any of those categories. I don't think I've seen negative buzz/reviews for Fallout though.

Also I didn't say about a rule. It varies. Netflix still releases all episodes in 1 day for all of their shows. I've seen The Boys, and they are consistent with dropping them all in 1 day. It depends on the platform. Personally speaking, I prefer Disney+ to drop all episodes in just 1 day but its a strategy they rarely do from the shows I've seen from them.

Echo's reviews were mostly positive.
71% in Rotten Tomatoes for TV shows aren't really good though. Especially when there's hundreds of shows with a RT rating over 90%. It is also the 2nd worst rated show of Marvel Studios.

And I bet the reviews would have been lower, if all episodes weren't dropped that day, as other critics might have just reviewed the first episode. I'm assuming most of the reviewers have seen the other episodes, if not all five.

Dropping a whole show in one day isn't necessarily a mark of a lack of confidence. Prime Video does some weekly drops, but sometimes they will drop a whole season in one day.
Well like I already pointed it varies.

Also, when I said "lack of confidence", it was clearly directed to Echo and only Echo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"