Age of Ultron or World's Finest

It is a very sad day when I look forward to an Avengers movie more than to a Batman/Superman movie. I think WB has achieved the impossible.

That Avatar of yours went very well with the tone of your post, lol. May I ask why you're not looking forward to WF that much?

WF just shows the WB is sticking their finger in the wind looking for a cash grab. I'd rather see a good Superman movie, then have them try to force the Superman/Batman thing down our throat, and yeah, with Goyer writing, I have little hope.

Co-sign. Seems reactionary more than anything else; I'm not seeing a clear-cut focus here. Needless to say, MoS' returning creative team doesn't exactly give me a warm & fuzzy.

Batman and Superman meeting on screen for the first time has so much more importance at least to me and arguably quite a few more others than seeing ultron appear in the Avengers sequel.

I think on that aspect alone more people would be excited?

I think that's a bit shortsighted. There's every possibility that the film could be a disaster, as we've seen bad films featuring both characters several times already; the characters alone don't guarantee quality. All things must be considered, particularly the creative team involved, the studio, and previously established groundwork.

The very fact that Goyer & Snyder are returning has me worried. MoS fans will of course feel differently, but that's the point - perspective has to be considered. With that being said, a sweeping assumption that Batman/Superman = greater intrigue isn't looking at the bigger picture. If we were talking a clean slate with equivalent teams, then I don't think there's much that could measure up to Bats/Supes on the big screen, but as of right now, I have a lot more confidence and anticipation in whatever Whedon, Feige, & Disney put out than I do Goyer, Snyder, & WB.

Age of Ultron, no contest.

Just like Avengers blew TDKR out of the water, AoU will beat WF.

Warner Bros/DC will always be the underdog.

AGE OF ULTRON!

But I'll always admit my adamant Marvel bias. DC is just not my thing. I do really like Batman...but that's about it. Superman is very "meh" to me, and the combination of the two never appealed to me whatsoever.

Age of Ultron, no contest.

Just like Avengers blew TDKR out of the water , AoU will beat WF.

Warner Bros/DC will always be the underdog.

In box office, yes.

That's not very nice.

for me it is WF

AOU will have the 5th appearance by iron man and 4th by cap,thor,BW,etc we have been in this universe for 5 years now

WF is gonna feel more fresh and original imo only 2nd appearance of Henry's superman,1st appearance of new batman and first team up of batman/superman and this universe just started this year

A new Batman and Superman on screen together? What??!!?!? WF all the way.

For me Age of Ultron, hands down.

I was a bit letdown by some things in MOS, and with the question mark of who will play Batman since Bale isnt, i'm more weary than excited about World's Finest. It feels a bit rushed to me, i wish they would take more time to get it right. But hey, hopefully i'm proven wrong and we end up with two great movies.

Until they change the creative team involved in WF I'd say Age of Ultron...

The only movie I'm looking forward to more than AoU is SW7.

As far World's finest is concerned, I have next to no faith in Snyder and Goyer.

Definitely World's Finest. Are you kidding me? The two archtypal superheroes in ONE movie? I'm so there, it's not even funny.

Especially now that Marvel has chosen to pass over one of their more interesting characters, Hank Pym.

I think it's going to be far more rewarding as a comic fan to watch the DC movie-verse unfold before our eyes...

Definitely World's Finest. Are you kidding me? The two archtypal superheroes in ONE movie? I'm so there, it's not even funny.

Especially now that Marvel has chosen to pass over one of their more interesting characters, Hank Pym.

I think it's going to be far more rewarding as a comic fan to watch the DC movie-verse unfold before our eyes...

:oldrazz:

World's Finest by far. I hope AoU has more to offer than Avengers did but considering how underwhelmed I was left by the first Avengers, I am far more excited for World's Finest.

That Avatar of yours went very well with the tone of your post, lol. May I ask why you're not looking forward to WF that much?

I never said I'm not looking forward to WF. I am looking forward to both. I just don't think it will be as good as Avengers 2. On top of Goyer being a solo writer again with maybe Snyder joining in as a co-writer, I think it is being released too soon. MOS was more of a setup film. Clark just got at the Daily Planet and became Superman at the end of the film. Lex has yet to be introduced. Same thing goes for Batman and his mythos. Instead of further exploring how the world reacts to Superman, the city of Metropolis, the Superman/Lex dynamic, and the Daily Planet supporting cast, all those elements will be cut to half of their potential as opposed to their full potential (with the other half being occupied by Batman and his mythos).

Does this mean the movie will be bad? No. Can it be good? Yes. Will it most likely be good? I think so. However, the fact that it is so soon and that Goyer is a solo writer again all points to this being just a good film as opposed to a great one, much like Man of Steel. This is Batman and Superman's first meeting on the big screen. This film should be mindblowingly awesome in terms of quality, and I doubt it will be that awesome.

On the other hand, Avengers 2 looks like it is going to be great. The first film was great and Whedon is a much better script/screenplay writer than Goyer, as much as I hate to admit it. Everything I've seen and heard about the film so far looks great and it doesn't feel as if it is being released too soon. I am upset though that Hank Pym will not be the one creating Ultron but while I agree with those saying that that is a problem, the problems that will stem from that decision will only come after Avengers 2 when they bring in Hank Pym, who will practically be robbed of his most interesting story arc.

I look forward to both and think that both will by no means be bad, but I think Avengers is going to be a better film overall. Which really saddens me to admit since I am a huge fan of Batman and of the Batman/Superman dynamic and I waited to see them on the big screen for years.

Superman and Batman are two of my favorite superheroes, and they are without a doubt the two greatest Superheroes of all time.

But lets be real here.

A: AOU has the team who made of the best comic book movies of all time.

WF has the team who put out one of the most disapppointing comic book movies of all time.

As far as I'm concerned, WB gave me no choice but to vote for the Avengers.

I'm the only comic book fan I know that didn't like The Avengers at all. Then again I didn't really like Man of Steel either so I guess I have no horse in this race. Batman & Superman are my favorite fictional characters of all time. It's been that way for the last 25 years of my life but like The Batman said it's still coming from Goyer and Snyder so I can't help but be suspicious of what it's quality will be like by the end. 2015 is all about Avatar 2 for me really.

What's the worst part about this, is this is the studio forcing WF rather than do a MoS sequel and try to evolve that. This may be the franchise killer. They really didn't establish Clark in MoS, and now they're going to muddy the waters trying to introduce a new Batman, and have him work with Superman. Legendary is gone so this is going to be a cluster ****.

I'm glad Nolan is bowing out and will be reduced to "executive producer" (meaning nothing). Can't wait for Interstellar. Nolan is above this mess.

I'm glad Nolan is bowing out and will be reduced to "executive producer" (meaning nothing). Can't wait for Interstellar. Nolan is above this mess.

Like Steven Spielberg was "executive producer" of the Transformers trilogy. :cwink:

I'm the only comic book fan I know that didn't like The Avengers at all.

Make that two. I can't sit through that movie again.

Are you guys kidding? I mean, I love The Avengers, but there are plenty of people around the SHH alone that didn't like it.

I typed "fan I know" not "fan in the world". I don't check the Avengers movie section on these boards because I have no interest in the Avengers movies in the first place due to my dislike of the first one.

I typed "fan I know" not "fan in the world". I don't check the Avengers movie section on these boards because I have no interest in the Avengers movies in the first place due to my dislike of the first one.

Whoops. Sorry. I should have put my glasses on before responding so I could have read it correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"