Justice League WORLD'S FINEST or JUSTICE LEAGUE

Justice League because:

A. It is a harder movie to do.

B. There will always be a Batman or Superman movie in the future (even when we're all gone) and teaming them up is really not as hard as a Justice League.

C. It will eventually happen even if Cavill is not playing Superman anymore. You just have to stop thinking like a Gen Y and want everything NOW! Patience keosabé/grasshopper.

Justice League because:

B. There will always be a Batman or Superman movie in the future (even when we're all gone) and teaming them up is really not as hard as a Justice League.

C. It will eventually happen even if Cavill is not playing Superman anymore. You just have to stop thinking like a Gen Y and want everything NOW! Patience keosabé/grasshopper.

^exactly

Yeah good points. World's Finest is bound to happen sometime in the future. It could be in the 2030's for all we know, but it will happen. Just like a live-action Batman Beyond will happen eventually, we just don't need to rush it out. Let technology progress.

My ideal Batman/Superman movie combo will always be Bale and Cavill. Now that can't happen, im willing to let another universe, another actor for Superman and another actor for Batman take that spot in 15/20 years from now. Some interpretations need to be saved for the future otherwise we're going to run out of ideas. I don't want Batman going on a LONG hiatus just because WB decided to cram every type of story into the next decade.

Worlds Finest if it's Bale. Justice League if it's not.

Yeah my point exactly. WF (Bale/Cavill) without a Justice League would have been amazing.

I imagine if we get a WF. First half would be Batman's new sort of origin, Superman getting acquainted with him, Batman's detective skills will help Superman with a mystery villain and somehow they will team up to beat the bad guy at the end. Lois could be involved with Bruce, a subtle romance or just hanging out with him (Like in the cartoon movie).

Im thinking more along the lines of Bats and Supes being at odds for quite a bit in the story until the final act where they come together.

I can't see Cavill's Superman being at odds with anybody when it comes to humans. Fascinated and annoyed by Batman's methods of crime fighting maybe but its not enough to make them being at odds.

If he doesn't quite agree with the way Batman goes about his business, yes I can see it. It's quite enough to make them at odds if Batman is the one who is stubborn in his ways. Im sure Superman will be too in his own way. I can see a conflict arising but not for too long though. They'll find a way to co-exist quickly, but im not sure if it's going to be right away.

I will be honest with you, if they are following a playbook, then "Man of Steel" should be Justice League and here is the reason why: "Man of Steel" was basically a Messiah story. If they want to follow that premise, then Jesus will need his apostles and that would be the Justice League. In the third film, he dies at the hands of Doomsday.

Last edited:
Absolutely. That's exactly what needs to happen in the 3rd Superman.

Absolutely. That's exactly what needs to happen in the 3rd Superman.

No, if it is a trilogy, then the third film will be the Death of Superman. The middle part should be about how he meets his nemesis and how he forms what eventually becomes the Justice League.

Yeah, should have been more clear. But you're right on. Doomsday in MOS 3. Justice League in between MOS 2 and 3. Should the third Superman come before JL 2, so Superman can "resurrect" to help the team take out Darkseid?? Or should they do 2 Justice League movies before finishing the Superman franchise with that third film?

Although World's Finest would be terrific (and I'd kill to see Cavill's Superman and Bale's Batman acting opposite each other), I'm almost certain this won't take place. Justice League after MOS sequel and possibly another superhero solo film (although this stands a pretty slim chance as well).

Justice League because:

Why do you want the JL because it's harder to do? I'm actually concerned that WB will screw up JL mightily. That's why I prefer WF. There's less room for error.

Why do you want the JL because it's harder to do? I'm actually concerned that WB will screw up JL mightily. That's why I prefer WF. There's less room for error.

JL will be a challenge for whoever will end up making it. It will be more of a defining moment for WB than World's Finest. Of course if it fails, it will have a bigger impact. That's why WB has to take the plunge. Not be the p**sies they have been. We have reached the era where superheroes are presented on film realistically (this word again). WF while easier to do can also fall flat.

At this junction. I truly believe that Justice League is the better option even if it fails (critically) and hopefully not commercially (Transformers type money?). If MOS opens up the DCCU, JL will hopefully break it wide open. Hopefully we'll get more films or even television from it.

To me WF will almost feel like a retread because we've seen it in animation. The idealogical differece between Batman and Superman can be done in a well made (non-superhero) drama. But an ensemble piece like JL is something else entirely.

Hopefully the bigger risk will garner bigger rewards!:woot:

Justice League because seeing Batman and Superman together will draw in audiences, if they do it earlier in a World's Finest movie, then the magic of seeing them together for the first time is lost, so JL would then suffer.

It's better to have that team up happen in the most expensive movie, because if JL movie fails, it's curtains for other DC heroes.

this is how i see it the hook of justice league for GA is batman and superman together you take that away by doing wf and then want to do jl it just wont work 1 or the other not both

Justice League's main draw is Bats/Supes together for the first time. And 2 versions nowadays that can be taken seriously and are heroic/badass. The name "Justice League" is a huge draw. The other characters are not the focus of the mainstream audience but it's like an icing on the cake. There's going to be a certain curiosity about Wonder Woman, Flash, Aquaman and a new version of Green Lantern.

Justice League is the priority. I'd bet a lot of money on that. World's Finest, Batman/Superman, Batman vs. Superman, whatever you want to call it.....it's not a priority I don't think.

The first team-up will be JL in 2017 or 2018. We'll get a sequel to MOS. We might get 1 or 2 other solo films in between or we don't get any, but id bet anything that JL is it.

A World's Finest will only delay JL. WB wont go for it.

2017 or 2018 would be WF which puts JL to 2019 or 2020. That's just not happening guys.

Although I'd love to see solo films for WW and a rebooted Bats before JL, perhaps WB will play it safe(r), and the MOS sequel will actually be a WF or Trinity movie (taking care of WW's origin, Bats' reintroduction, Lex, etc)

2013 Man of Steel
2015 Men of Tomorrow (+WW & Bats)
2017 Justice League (+GL, Flash, etc)

then after Goyer/Snyder's "zero-issue-esque" MOS/DC-universe trilogy, solo franchises will potentially open up.

2018 Batman, Wonder Woman
2019 The Flash, The Green Lantern Corps
2020 Superman (new director/writer), Aquaman

Last edited:
Justice League is the priority. I'd bet a lot of money on that. World's Finest, Batman/Superman, Batman vs. Superman, whatever you want to call it.....it's not a priority I don't think.

WB Execs will put pressure on Goyer, Snyder (and maybe Nolan) to start pre-production on Justice League movie as soon as they hear that Avengers 2 has become a hit.

JL will be a challenge for whoever will end up making it. It will be more of a defining moment for WB than World's Finest. Of course if it fails, it will have a bigger impact. That's why WB has to take the plunge. Not be the p**sies they have been. We have reached the era where superheroes are presented on film realistically (this word again). WF while easier to do can also fall flat.

At this junction. I truly believe that Justice League is the better option even if it fails (critically) and hopefully not commercially (Transformers type money?). If MOS opens up the DCCU, JL will hopefully break it wide open. Hopefully we'll get more films or even television from it.

To me WF will almost feel like a retread because we've seen it in animation. The idealogical differece between Batman and Superman can be done in a well made (non-superhero) drama. But an ensemble piece like JL is something else entirely.

Hopefully the bigger risk will garner bigger rewards!:woot:

Okay. I would rather not see JL until WB proves that it can pull off a superhero who isn't Batman. My preference would be to begin with WF and to keep adding heroes in the sequels. That would give each movie its own hook and allow for more natural character development.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"