Agent Carter Agent Carter - S02E04 - "Smoke & Mirrors"

Silvermoon

Made To Be Ruled
Reaction score
Synopsis
"Smoke and Mirrors" - Agent Carter and the SSR learn there's more than just a pretty face behind Hollywood star Whitney Frost, Peggy's most dangerous foe yet, on "Marvel's Agent Carter," TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 2 (9:00-10:00 p.m. EST) on the ABC Television Network.

"Marvel's Agent Carter" stars Hayley Atwell as Agent Peggy Carter, James D'Arcy as Edwin Jarvis, Enver Gjokaj as Chief Daniel Sousa, Wynn Everett as Whitney Frost, Reggie Austin as Jason Wilkes, and Chad Michael Murray as Chief Jack Thompson.

Guest starring are Currie Graham as Calvin Chadwick, Kurtwood Smith as Vernon Masters, Chris Browning as Rufus Hunt, Carole Ruggier as Mrs. Carter, Gabriella Graves as young Peggy Carter, Webb Baker Hayes as young Michael Carter, Ivy George as young Agnes Cully, Olivia Welch as teen Agnes Cully, Samaire Armstrong as Wilma Cully, Chris Mulkey as Uncle Bud, Max Brown as Michael Carter, Christopher Grove as Mr. Edwards, Catriona Toop as Bletchley girl #1, Jennifer Neala Page as Bletchley girl #2, Kevin Changaris as Fred Wells, Jonathan Lavallee as FBI Agent, Andrew Carter as Ned Silver, Khalilah Joi as ticket lady and Tamika Katon-Donegal as Mabel.

Promo

https://youtu.be/v6ekqSKGcB4

Stills (more at: http://www.farfarawaysite.com/section/agentcarter/gallery2/gallery4/gallery.htm)
12.jpg

5.jpg

9.jpg

Time for a new ep. :)

I'm liking the Jarvis/Peggy Carter team up so far. It feels like we haven't really seen that as much this season. She hasn't checked in at work, so her status with the SSR is very ambiguous right now (shouldn't she be in New York?), but it allows her to run around in the bright sun and do some daytime spy/action stuff. So far, so good.

There we go, vacation days is why she is still there.

Just got serious.

I liked it but I didn't think we needed all the flashback scenes. Really we didn't need to know any of that and it took away from the present (or past) day story.

I think it was a good idea. It fleshed out Whitney Frost, which was important and it gave some backstory to Peggy Carter, which was needed last season. It's good to see her as more than her job.

I liked the flashbacks. I always wondered how Peggy got into the spy biz, and its always good to know about how the bad guy got started.

I liked it but I didn't think we needed all the flashback scenes. Really we didn't need to know any of that and it took away from the present (or past) day story.
Yeah, Peggy had no backstory at all (which I realized when I was watching Ant-Man last summer and was thinking about how well-developed Hope's family history was), so this was a good idea.

Though I'm rather confused about her brother. There was no mention of him being married and having kids, but I'm pretty sure Peggy needs to have a male-line grandniece.

There's no mention of Michael NOT being married and having kids though so there's that.

The short flashbacks between Michael and Peggy were lovely but on the negative side it's yet another fridge-ing for Peggy. Poor ditched Fred was the wrong guy for her but he's lucky he got out of that relationship alive.

Was glad that we finally got some backstory for Peggy. Also, Whitney's backstory is similar to Peggy's in that they were both told to stop following their dreams and conform to other people's thoughts and beliefs. The divergence in the choices and life situations makes for a nice contrast that'll be interesting to see play out over the final episodes.

I thought this was something of a filler episode with respect to moving the plot forward. Some decent character work in there, and Peggy's/Frost's flashbacks were nice, but overall, I think they stretched out about 20 minutes of "actual" content to fill an entire episode.

I did like the episode well enough, but I thought the first three were much stronger.

Yeah, Peggy had no backstory at all (which I realized when I was watching Ant-Man last summer and was thinking about how well-developed Hope's family history was), so this was a good idea.

Though I'm rather confused about her brother. There was no mention of him being married and having kids, but I'm pretty sure Peggy needs to have a male-line grandniece.
Like someone else said, there was no mention of him *not* being married and having a kid either, so I think it still kind of remains open. A few other options? There could still be another brother, albeit perhaps a much younger brother (and so maybe Peggy wasn't as close to him as she was to Michael) that could have been away at school during the events of her engagement and Michael's death? That or Michael is presumed killed in action, but could actually still be alive.

I enjoyed the flashbacks. It was nice seeing Peggy before she was Agent Carter and get a feel for what her life was like before the SSR.

Loved Sousa in this episode (dude needs to realize that Peggy is the girl for him and not miss nurse :oldrazz:)

I enjoyed them...I think this is ABC taking a page of Netflix's book, fleshing out the antagonists a little more. I know I'm liking learning about Agnes!

Like someone else said, there was no mention of him *not* being married and having a kid either, so I think it still kind of remains open. A few other options? There could still be another brother, albeit perhaps a much younger brother (and so maybe Peggy wasn't as close to him as she was to Michael) that could have been away at school during the events of her engagement and Michael's death? That or Michael is presumed killed in action, but could actually still be alive.

I enjoyed the flashbacks. It was nice seeing Peggy before she was Agent Carter and get a feel for what her life was like before the SSR.

Loved Sousa in this episode (dude needs to realize that Peggy is the girl for him and not miss nurse :oldrazz:)

What am I missing? Why does Peggy have to have a grandniece?

What am I missing? Why does Peggy have to have a grandniece?

Sharon Carter - who was speaking to her aunt on the phone in TWS.

Once upon a time she was her sister but then as WWII got farther away so did the generations between Peggy and Sharon.

I really like where the plot is headed for the season. Not sure how far they can take Whitney Frost's use of powers, but it will be interesting.

I don't think it's ever fully acknowledged that she is Peggy's niece, but I just read up on how they are in the comics so it's pretty safe to assume. I thought I was missing something!

What did Whitney's mom yell at the step dad as he left in the car?

Anybody catch that?

The Peggy flashbacks were pretty good, and Frost in the present was good, but everything else in this episode kinda bored me for some reason.

Dunno why, but Sousa, Ghost Doctor guy, Red from that 70's show, and even Jarvis (outside of getting tranq'ed) really did nothing for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"