Agent Carter Agent Carter - S02E05 - "The Atomic Job"

I'm sorry but that was painful to watch.

I'm not talking about Peggy getting impaled. I'm talking it was painful to watch as a Marvel fan. This show is completely off the rails now.

I love the character but was embarrassed for the show in general for the very first time watching this last episode. It really was THAT bad.

It's like they don't know what they want to be or how they want to handle ANYTHING. The humor doesn't work for the most part. There is no action. There isn't even any compelling romantic angles. How can the writing be this bad?

I don't even know where to start. Whitney Frost and her spineless bumbling husband are so cartoonish that it's actually shocking. Mobster "buddy" where they get some goons could have been animated as a cartoon wolf in a suit for heaven sake. They "infiltrate" a supposedly secure location where two atomic bombs are being guarded by four security guards? (I guess Frost's crew could have taken out more before Peggy's Hurling Commandos got on scene but still...) Hydra corruption or no, as if the US government would let a civilian casually store atomic bombs on US soil. And, the office scene with the memory eraser? *groan* The whole episode played out like cheap and badly written fan fiction.

Also, it looks like after they wrote this episode they remembered that they needed to farther the romantic angle so they went back and jammed in an awkward Sousa proposal to his nurse girlfriend. That way they could run a pipe through Peggy's midsection and have somewhere to take her and then quickly and awkwardly advance a fake as hell love triangle. Not taking her to a hospital makes as much sense as not having any guns to infiltrate a "sensitive" storage facility.

I'm sure that Peggy will quickly shake off getting run through and be up battling bad guys within hours of seeing Wilks disappear. Can't let a metal rod through the gut stop this "tough as nails better than the guys broad!" *groan*

This post gave me cancer. Episode 5 was great and funny to me and I loved the memory gag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"