Agent Carter Agent Carter S02E10 "Hollywood Ending"

Really? That is how they leave us? I hope there will be more one day.

Cool trailer for AOS though. :)

Maybe not a great idea to end the season (and probably series) with a cliffhanger

That's probably my biggest complaint. The season was good, but just a touch too fluffy.

The first season was more mystery film noir and a grieving Peggy struggling to be respected in the workplace held a lot more gravitas juxtaposed against humor.

This season was far more 1930's/40's screwball comedy. The sci fi elements were more out there even with a much better main villain with Whitney. On the personal stakes front with Peggy the love triangle was a dud. The only truly emotional relationship scenes were between Jarvis and Anna and Jarvis and Peggy.

I suppose the whole thing was filmed well before the ratings were clear? I mean minor unresolved points are fine, but freakin Jack Thompson not so much.

I suppose the whole thing was filmed well before the ratings were clear? I mean minor unresolved points are fine, but freakin Jack Thompson not so much.

You're never dead until they zip you in a body bag and do an autopsy. And sometimes not even then. A big hanging plot point one way or the other.

I don't know the filming schedule because Hayley used to keep me abreast but I guess this was filmed at least a month or so ago.

Last edited:
Eh, he's probably dead...and if not then he probably is anyway in the modern Marvel world.

That key mystery is a bit of a thing though. Dottie clearly wanted it as well...so she likely knew what it was a key to. We may never find out.

I'm kind of stunned that they didn't bother to get to the founding of SHIELD. Maybe they just assumed that they had all the time in the world.

A decent season but a step backwards from season 1. The tone was a little too goofy, a little too slapstick. If it comes back for a season 3, I hope they go in a bit of different directions. Right now, I am looking forward to the second half of AoS.

Goodbye, Peggy! You deserved so much better.

This season and especially the finale was stunningly bad to me. I'm kind of embarrassed that they were even letting them use the Marvel logo to start the show by the end.

It's like they had different writers for groupings of episodes and then they collected all the scripts and shot everything in a week. One episode someone is evil and the next they are friends. (Head mobster is standing next to Whitney as she guns down Jarvis' wife and he's killing people all over the place but suddenly he's Howard's old pal and working with Peggy's team? Huh?)

So shallow and so silly almost right from the start of this season.

Plus, did they run out of money before they filmed the finale? ABC has been great with TV effects but that dark matter finale rift was worse than Sharknado.

He'll always have his momma.

WTF! I can't believe I'm saying this, but poor Jack.

Yes perhaps Vernon is still alive or that one guy who originally gave Jack the file on Peggy was the one to shoot him.

Post-mortem interviews

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/03/0...h?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/agent-carter-season-three-871662
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/03/02/agent-carter-death-peggy-sousa-season-3-spoilers

How do you feel about the show’s chances for a third season?
FAZEKAS: Bad. People have to watch the show. While I would love to see it continue on, it’s a bummer — a bummer for all of us, cast included. Everybody loves the job, everybody loves working together. I would love to see it live on, even if it’s in some other form, digital or whatever. I doubt that there’s a Netflix play for it. We’re not really involved in those decisions anyway. At the end of the day, people have to watch the show.

With all the "it would be as big for her as finding out Steve didn't die" and "think about what you really saw of the file", it really sounds like Michael didn't actually die and the M. Carter in the file is him.

I wonder if classified mission reports use pronouns.

It sounds like Winter Solider lite. I will enjoy reading it in the comic book followup.

While it wasn't a bad ending to the season, it just paled in comparison to S1. The whole season was sort of up and down and it just couldn't find the right storyline and tone throughout that could keep the fans and critics happy. Sucks that this is going to be the way we see the last of Agent Carter since she's likely getting killed off in CW and the show is going to get cancelled and replaced by Marvel's Most Wanted next season.

Wow seems like I am the only one who liked this season. I guess I was a fan of the lighter tone and goofiness. Given the ratings though I assume this show isn't coming back which is a shame since it's a fun show

Last edited:
Wow seems like I am the only one who liked this season. I guess I was a fan of the lighter tone and goofiness. Given the ratings though I assume this show isn't coming back which is a shame since it's a fun show

I liked it too, very much. It's the only TV show I watched live each week. The main acting, dialogue, costumes and wit are all still top notch. Peggy, Jarvis, Howard, Ana, Whitney and Dotti are all brilliant characters and Thompson, Rose, Manfredi and even Cal were also enjoyable.

I think Peggy as a character missed more work frisson, not because she's a woman but because of her actions and choices. The show needed more Thompson or a figure like Vernon who maybe wasn't corrupt but just a bureaucrat or even more by the book superior who held her feet to the fire.

It just wasn't as focused as the first season and didn't have the same emotional resonance for me. I think the decision to do a love triangle or rather quad undermined the characters as well as the pacing of the show. It also didn't help that she was torn between two of the dullest characters who she has the least on screen chemistry with - male or female, friend or foe.

Interesting in the spoiler wrap up that the show runners say that

[BLACKOUT]
1. Thompson isn't dead - just shot.
2. Sousa isn't necessarily the future Mr Peggy Carter
3. That file isn't just a fake - so the intimation that is that it might be Michael
[/BLACKOUT]

It's a shame if the ratings mean we'll never find out the resolution to any of this.

Last edited:
Terrible episode.

Awful pacing, garbage CGI and cringe-worthy dialogue. This season paled in comparison to Season 1, and the finale was a horrible sendoff. It's like Marvel knew the ratings were so low for Agent Carter that they didn't even put any effort into the finale. The sad part is the chance of getting a Netlfix pickup seems slim too.

As pointed out, the entire season was filmed and wrapped before episode one aired.

I believe this season filmed between August and December of last year, so like others have said it was in the can before the season even premiered.

You're not the only one. I've loved this season.

Overall it was an enjoyable season.
But the unresolved plotpoints (Dottie, Key, Jack) as well as the final episode pull it down.
Especially when thinking about this season as the final season.
If they felt the mght end with this season why did they not recut the last episode to take out the part where Jack finds the key and tells her about it as well as when he gets shot.

Edit: Oh yeah and no founding of SHIELD. The one thing i wanted from this show since it was first announced.

Last edited:
I love the characters on the show, especially Edwin, Dottie, Howard and most of all, Marge. And the additions of Samberly, Ana and Rose were terrific. But like many others have pointed out, the black goo storyline this year was a bit of a snoozer and the love triangle was weak. I understand they were going for more of a screwball comedy feel this year, but the tension present throughout the 8 episode first year run was largely gone. I'd tune in to watch these actors playing charades, but I don't think Zero Matter was all that compelling.

A pick up is largely out of the question, but I would love to see AOS give up an hour or two next year - it's not like they can't spare them - to get us up to date on Peggy. I'd love to see 50s era fun like the founding of SHIELD, Anti-Commie Cap and the Agents of Atlas.

Last edited:
I think going back to 8 episodes instead of 10 would have helped, and I agree that the first season was better because of the juxtaposition of humor. This season did feel campy at times, and it ruined the dramatic moments, but hey, we just got done with WWII, everyone needed to just lighten up a bit, and Hollywood was a very silly place then. I thought this was a nice ending. I wish they would have wrapped it up clean, because I don't think a third season will happen, but perhaps a Saturday special or a marvel one shot, or an MCU comic tie in?? Maybe a SHIELD movie?

This season was so goddamn boring, I don't think two less episodes would've helped either

as others have said, a weak-ash plot and a boring love story were only slightly elevated by all the great actors on the show.
We needed way more Dottie, more Whitney, more SSR/SHIELD, and wayyyy less Wilkes and Sousa
And any hope I had of the finale being a good payoff was dashed last night, as that was one of the worst season/series finales I've ever seen, there's literally a picture of Sousa closing the rift next to "Anticlimactic" in the dictionary

all in all, as disappointing as the ratings have been, they were deserved, and I'll be glad to let the MCU-proper fill out the rest of Peggy's backstory

I was really enjoying both seasons of this show and I hope it gets to live on a little longer. I have to say though, how bloody stupid was it of them to just stand there watching Sousa risk his life and not one of them cared to walk over to the pole and make sure his life-line did not break or fall off, which it eventually did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"