Agent Carter Agent Carter S02E08 "The Edge of Mystery" / S02E09 "A Little Song and Dance"

The song and dance was jumping the shark.
I love the show but the novelty of post war Peggy has worn off.There are only so many versions of 1940/50s old fashioned sexist attitude stories that can be done.
Somehow or other,this show needs some kind of proper superhero from that time period.

I kind of agree. Myself, and it just might be just myself, I'd like to see the show skip ahead a few years and show Peggy as a spymaster.

I did notice that Dr. Wilkes skin was all crawly after he got sucked up into the dark matter. I wonder if perhaps he is the 1st incidence of a person infected by the Hive and this whole season was a setup to the 2nd half of Shield Season 2.

The song and dance was jumping the shark.
I love the show but the novelty of post war Peggy has worn off.There are only so many versions of 1940/50s old fashioned sexist attitude stories that can be done.
Somehow or other,this show needs some kind of proper superhero from that time period.

I do agree that the show could use somemore Golden Age characters, but I don't think that was the main problem. The thing is that people were hoping the show would follow Peggy's spy adventures and the eventual tranisition from SSR to SHIELD. Instead what we got was an entire filler season.

Personally, I didn't care about the transition from SSR to SHIELD. It's really just a name. I did want spy adventures, but I feel this season qualifies.

If the ratings were decent then I think the third season should of fully transitioned into the birth of Shield. The SSR characters could all join shield as could some the Howling Commandos. I would of reintroduced JJ Field as Union Jack as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"