Agent Carter Agent Carter - S02E04 - "Smoke & Mirrors"

Like someone else said, there was no mention of him *not* being married and having a kid either, so I think it still kind of remains open. A few other options? There could still be another brother, albeit perhaps a much younger brother (and so maybe Peggy wasn't as close to him as she was to Michael) that could have been away at school during the events of her engagement and Michael's death? That or Michael is presumed killed in action, but could actually still be alive.

I enjoyed the flashbacks. It was nice seeing Peggy before she was Agent Carter and get a feel for what her life was like before the SSR.

Loved Sousa in this episode (dude needs to realize that Peggy is the girl for him and not miss nurse :oldrazz:)

On the possibility of her having a younger brother.....1940 is the year of the "blitz".....for 6 or 7 months straight there was massive bombings of London and many other large English cities....many young children were relocated out to the countryside or even to other countries like America for their safety.

The whole cast is consistently great. :) Everyone gave a terrific performance in this episode, and it was nice to get pieces of backstory for both the hero and the villain.

Also, it really makes my skin crawl when Whitney Frost does what she does with the Zero Matter in her body to snare and consume someone else. Yikes!

The Peggy flashbacks were pretty good, and Frost in the present was good, but everything else in this episode kinda bored me for some reason.

Dunno why, but Sousa, Ghost Doctor guy, Red from that 70's show, and even Jarvis (outside of getting tranq'ed) really did nothing for me

Says BoredGuy! :cwink:

I'll be interested to see if Frost's power source she patented is later modified by Howard to become his arc reactor.

I loved this episode, then again, though, I always love origin issues of comicbooks. Whitney Frost is a great villain.

Decent episode.

This show (and Marvel TV in general) need to tone down the unbearable snark. There's some moments where it feels unauthentic to how people actually talk and more like bad fanfiction writing to appeal to the Tumblr crowd.

Lowkey episode, but still really good. I loved the flashbacks setting up the contrast between Peggy and Whitney. Whitney becomes increasingly interesting the more we learn about her. I like how she's finally embracing what the accident has done to her.

ETA: I think this show is setting up Peggy to finally marry Souza. I'd be cool with that even though I didn't care much for the idea last season. I love the way he's all in on whatever Peggy comes up with.

I actually liked this episode the most out of the 4 aired till date. We get a look at both Peggy and Whitney's early life. Also, it's the first time this Season where I feel like there is an actual threat (in Whitney) looming around the corner.

I actually liked this episode the most out of the 4 aired till date. We get a look at both Peggy and Whitney's early life. Also, it's the first time this Season where I feel like there is an actual threat (in Whitney) looming around the corner.

Same here. This is the first ep of this season that really has me jonesing for the next show. I thought they did an especially good job making Whitney a sympathetic character versus a standard-issue evil genius with a Plot To Rule The World.

Is it me or does Michael looks strangely like Thompson ? It striked me right away in the wedding reception scene ...

Jarvis getting tranq'ed and then installing a security system with his voice had me cracking up. Flashbacks worked to show the directions and decisions that lead to where they were and Peggy's plan to inject him with the cold was risky, but she knows how to make them crack.

The ending just leads to the next episode, which watching back-to-back made a good viewing experience.

This was more like it, best episode of the season so far for me and it was good to get some back story on both Peggy and Whitney Frost, hopefully the show can pick up from here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"