Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
He did mention in the AMA that he was reading "Secret Warriors". I wonder if that's any sort of research for season 2. That book does seem like it has some parallels to where S.H.I.E.L.D. is left at the end of last season.

maybe Coulson takes over SHIELD in some future comic stories as well

A friend brought up an interesting point the other day. Could there be a Helicarrier or two floating around up there on their own?

We know SHIELD had at least four and that all were taken out, but could there have been more? And if so, would they have fallen to Hydra or gone off the grid like the team did?

I think it could make an interesting subplot for an episode.

Taking a helicarrier of the grid would be quite a feat. Maybe they parked it somewhere in the Savage Land! Coulson meets Ka-Zar!

Taking a helicarrier of the grid would be quite a feat. Maybe they parked it somewhere in the Savage Land! Coulson meets Ka-Zar!

It would, but if it has the reflective panel system we saw in Avengers and doesn't go too close to land, then I think it's possible to stay off the grid.

Maybe Baron Von Strucker and his Hydra goons are hovering around in one as we speak.

Only 3 were taken out in TWS..where is the TA Helicarrier?

I thought that was one of them..was there one called '42'?

There were only 3 Insight carriers in TWS - all three, I believe, are a bit smaller than the Avengers carrier and, of course, all three have repulsor based engines instead of the propeller based turbines of Avengers. The first trailer or two had them with the numbers 88, 42 and I believe 65. However later trailers/tv spots and the final film itself those where changed with the hull numbers reading IN-01, IN-02, & IN-03.

#64 is The Avengers helicarrier, where that helicarrier is... who knows. It's possible it may have been scrapped to help fund the building of the 3 Insight carriers, the damage it took in Avengers may have been deemed too severe to be worth repairing, who knows.

If anyone cares, the Avengers helicarrier side number - 64, is the side number of the now decommissioned U.S.S. Constellation. I thought it was cool they numbered the helicarrier after an aircraft carrier named for the stars.

^Cool...
Maybe Fury took it home to his bunker :o

There were only 3 Insight carriers in TWS - all three, I believe, are a bit smaller than the Avengers carrier and, of course, all three have repulsor based engines instead of the propeller based turbines of Avengers. The first trailer or two had them with the numbers 88, 42 and I believe 65. However later trailers/tv spots and the final film itself those where changed with the hull numbers reading IN-01, IN-02, & IN-03.

#64 is The Avengers helicarrier, where that helicarrier is... who knows. It's possible it may have been scrapped to help fund the building of the 3 Insight carriers, the damage it took in Avengers may have been deemed too severe to be worth repairing, who knows.

They probably altered the Insight carriers' designations for the trailers and the like to not spoil that particular plot point.

Yeah The Avengers Helicarrier was anchored in the Harbor or at sea it was so big.
It would have been nice if Stark retro fitted the Helicarrier with the new engines, it COULD still be flying out there somewhere. After All Fury said he'd be everwhere. ;)

There's a good chance it got destroyed in the Hydra uprising, though. After all, unlike your typical SHIELD facility, a helicarrier can be *crashed*.

I am expecting all the carriers to be grounded, but I think it could make for an interesting episode/2-parter to have SHIELD 2.0 encountering a Helicarrier that's off the grid.

The team investigating numerous reports of raids into various facilities around the globe by armed men arriving in Quinjets and taking supplies to sustain the Helicarrier without it needing to land... Kinda thing

Kind of late but just finished the series, got so much better. I am looking forward to owning it on Bluray and as well as the second season

Didn't the agents (plus Hand & Garrett) land the Bus and a smaller jet on a Hellicarrier in one episode? I distinctly remember them landing on the deck of a ship at sea.

Didn't the agents (plus Hand & Garrett) land the Bus and a smaller jet on a Hellicarrier in one episode? I distinctly remember them landing on the deck of a ship at sea.
They did land on some type of carrier at sea in ep16 - not clear if that was an actual helicarrier or just a regular aircraft carrier though (no Quinjets on deck, just regular military style fighter jets)

Just some thoughts, I was looking up characters and found Quake. (comicvine). On the page were comic covers, one was Secret Warriors. Between the two words of the title was the sentence "agents of Nothing", it was even said in season one. Also the non super-powered storylines of Daisy Louise Johnson, J.T. James and Nick Fury fit almost perfectly with Skye, Ward and Coulson in season one, so I'm not surprised Clark was reading Secret Warriors. Was he looking for clues as to what might happen next? :)

The parent at the end of season one looked bloody. Skye was found covered in blood. Wonder if that has any connection or just coincidence?

Raina mentions monsters a few times near the end of the season, and in episode one (pilot) Skye says something like; we know they're out there now, hero's ..... and monsters. I don't think she was talking about herself but wouldn't that be fitting?

Darn, I walked right past that red carpet (Sony Centre) while they were taking pictures of people, on my way home from work. I noticed it was all about CTV's fall line up, but I didn't realize Agents of SHIELD was part of it.

Just some thoughts, I was looking up characters and found Quake. (comicvine). On the page were comic covers, one was Secret Warriors. Between the two words of the title was the sentence "agents of Nothing", it was even said in season one. Also the non super-powered storylines of Daisy Louise Johnson, J.T. James and Nick Fury fit almost perfectly with Skye, Ward and Coulson in season one, so I'm not surprised Clark was reading Secret Warriors. Was he looking for clues as to what might happen next? :)

The parent at the end of season one looked bloody. Skye was found covered in blood. Wonder if that has any connection or just coincidence?

Raina mentions monsters a few times near the end of the season, and in episode one (pilot) Skye says something like; we know they're out there now, hero's ..... and monsters. I don't think she was talking about herself but wouldn't that be fitting?

Daisy Johnson would certainly be a fit, based on what we know about her and her father. I'm still hoping for Sarah Garza, but Daisy, or even Jessica Drew or Carol Danvers would be fine by me too. I just hope this whole series, while being primarily about Agents of SHIELD, is also Skye's origin tale, wherever that leads.

Yeah it was never clear if it was a Helicarrier or a Air Craft Carrier

'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Clark Gregg Talks Season 1 Twists

[YT]28RZJRywNk0[/YT]

Yeah it was never clear if it was a Helicarrier or a Air Craft Carrier

Did that carrier they landed on have any SHIELD markings on it? All the SHIELD Helicarries have had the distinctive SHIELD symbols on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"