Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - 5x04 - "A Life Earned" - Discussion Thread

Anyone else pick up on the namedropping of S.W.O.R.D.(finally)? (ETA Disregard, I thought Deke said SWORD people but he said smart people. That's what I get for watching while kids making noise)

Last edited:
Anyone else pick up on the namedropping of S.W.O.R.D.(finally)?

From the premiere when Yo yo asked if their was another SHIELD like agency in space called SPEAR or something?

From the premiere when Yo yo asked if their was another SHIELD like agency in space called SPEAR or something?

That's not exactly name dropping.

Pretty obvious what she aiming at though. Her lines were "SPEAR or something".

I wasn't too thrilled with this episode. Seemed like lots of filler. Sure it did give some further details to the moving plot, but nothing major. Just kinda slow I guess. By far the best part was at the very end with Fitz. That was great, yet the rest of the episode just felt uneventful to me.

Definitely look forward to next week to see Fitz's side of things. However, I worry that it may take several episodes of showing his journey before he catches up to the team, before the plot progresses much again. Either way, Fitz's side of things should fill in some holes, and could be very well told.

With all due respect, what you call "filler", I consider "character development and plot movement".

Anyone notice that the music in that last scene starting with the ship flying into land, was very Blade Runner-esque?

Lots of interesting plot lines being set up here. I'm excited to see how the events unfolded for Fitz. And I'm sure May is alive (I hope ;) ).

Pretty sure S.P.E.A.R. is the Chinese version of Shield.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"