Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - 5x05 - "Rewind" - Discussion Thread

Hello all. If Fitz sleeps for 75 years in that cryo coffin thing won't Coulson and the crew also age 75 years and be dead by the time Fitz wakes up?

I can't believe no one has mentioned this yet.

Am I missing something?

Yes the bulk of the team took an unknown supernatural/scientific force. a white monolith versus a black monolith Simmons took to another planet in 4722 Hours.,to send them into the future. But their locations seemed to be random in the Lighthouse. If Agent Fitz had gone the same way there is a chance he could materialized right in front of Sinara or other Kree guard or worse inside of a bulkhead like Agent May almost did thus ending his mission before it got started.

You are missing something.

They've been taken 75 years into the future. They're not living through this time period between 2017 and 2092. They've entirely bypassed that period.

It's 75 years for Fitz to wait as far as he's concerned, but instantaneous for them because they've overshot it.

Think of it like when you put your clock forward in spring. If it is 2.00am now, normally to get to 3.00am you have to live through an entire hour to get there. But in spring, when it is 2.00am and the clocks go forward, it automatically becomes 3.00am and you don't experience any passage of time. It is instantaneous.

For Fitz, it is like he has to experience time normally and live through that passage of time. The AOS jumping forward in time is like when the clocks go forward and no passage of time is felt.

They aren't aging 75 years because it hasn't been 75 years for them.

Hello all. If Fitz sleeps for 75 years in that cryo coffin thing won't Coulson and the crew also age 75 years and be dead by the time Fitz wakes up?

I can't believe no one has mentioned this yet.

Am I missing something?

Did you skip the season premiere? Coulson and the gang were teleported instantly into the future. Fitz took the long way. Good thing that capsule was taken off world.

Great episode. Another example of "can't wait to see what happens next."

That's certainly a great catch of an easter egg if it's suppose to be one.

Though it could even go deeper. It could be a possible easter egg that clues us in to Hydra being involved. Though it really does borrow a lot from Indiana Jones. Hydra originally worked hand in hand with the German Nazis. Red Skull did specifically mention that Hitler scoured the deserts looking for trinkets. Both historically accurate and MCU canon.

Perhaps General Hale is Hydra. As we don't know her motivations just yet.

Whether it's actually THE arc or not wouldn't matter. It's simple existence and resemblance could all be what matters to give hint of Hydras involvement.

Though it could even go deeper. It could be a possible easter egg that clues us in to Hydra being involved. Though it really does borrow a lot from Indiana Jones. Hydra originally worked hand in hand with the German Nazis. Red Skull did specifically mention that Hitler scoured the deserts looking for trinkets. Both historically accurate and MCU canon.

Whether it's actually THE arc or not wouldn't matter. It's simple existence and resemblance could all be what matters to give hint of Hydras involvement.

Hale Hydra. :o

Did you skip the season premiere? Coulson and the gang were teleported instantly into the future. Fitz took the long way. Good thing that capsule was taken off world.

Even if you only watched this episode, it was still clearly explained.

At least we know for sure this isn't an alternate timeline then, otherwise Fitz would never have been able to meet up with them. If that's the case then it seems hard to believe that it could have been Quake that tore the planet apart.

Not really, in the future her power may have gotten so out of control she ****ed up.

Is anyone able to pinpoint where on Earth the lighthouse is?

And is it still safe to say that Enoch is from Midgard?

Hale is Ward in a mask. J/k <ducks>

Isn't Fitz from Midgard? And Hunter. And most other people in the MCU.

If it is then it seems there are two of them.

It could be something the Howling Commandos took from Daniel Whitehall's base in 2x01. His base was full of wooden crates with Nazi insignia.

This is what she wants from Robin: If she's able to predict and forewarn, she might be able to tell secrets. I want you to find her and control her. It's better she's on our side. We need every weapon in this fight.

Not really, in the future her power may have gotten so out of control she ****ed up.

Or, maybe the destruction wasn't caused by the real Quake but her LMD which shot General Talbot.

Is anyone able to pinpoint where on Earth the lighthouse is?

On the shores of Lake Ontario, beneath an actual lighthouse.

I'm not sure how I'm liking this storyline but it just got a bit better now that Fitz is in the picture. He's won me over as my favorite SHIELD character. I still have room in my heart for Phil though, but Damn, Fitz character has developed big time and I'm liking it!

Glad Fitz is back as he's really the acting powerhouse on this show, and it was nice to see Hunter again. I'm still very meh on this story overall, hopefully Fitz with everyone else can breathe some life into it.

None of the LMDs have Inhuman powers though.

Aida made twenty LMDs of Quake. If they all remained operational and they somehow took the Darkhold from Robbie Reyes and turned themselves into living Inhumans like Aida did, I think they could destroy the planet. Seventy years later you have a legend about Quake, destroyer of worlds.

BTW, did anyone notice that Lance Hunter said he almost got married to Bobbi Morse again, but their wedding was interrupted by some ninjas? Maybe he was talking about the Hand.

It's good to see Hunter again. Since SHIELD are no longer on the side of the government, there is ZERO reason for Mockingbird and Hunter to not permanently rejoin the team...so recast the role of Mockingbird (I assume The Orville is continuing and that Palicki won't be available) and make it happen.

It's good to see Hunter again. Since SHIELD are no longer on the side of the government, there is ZERO reason for Mockingbird and Hunter to not permanently rejoin the team...so recast the role of Mockingbird (I assume The Orville is continuing and that Palicki won't be available) and make it happen.

The Orville has a season 2, but there's no reason to recast Mockingbird. The Orville isn't a 22-24 episode season. It was only 12 episodes, and it's already finished its first season run.

If this is the last season of AOS, then why spoil it with a recast? Adrianne Palicki can easily join the cast of AOS from now until it finishes its run in May, and then still have time to film new episodes of the Orville season 2 which would only start again next September.

It's not like they can fit Hunter and Bobbi into the plot now since the rest of it will take place in space. The only time they could re-enter the series is if they returned to earth for a different arc later in the season.

The Orville has a season 2, but there's no reason to recast Mockingbird. The Orville isn't a 22-24 episode season. It was only 12 episodes, and it's already finished its first season run.

If this is the last season of AOS, then why spoil it with a recast? Adrianne Palicki can easily join the cast of AOS from now until it finishes its run in May, and then still have time to film new episodes of the Orville season 2 which would only start again next September.

It's not like they can fit Hunter and Bobbi into the plot now since the rest of it will take place in space. The only time they could re-enter the series is if they returned to earth for a different arc later in the season.

Clearly the showwill return to present day Earth. Whether the team does is questionable, but they have the Hale storyline to resolve, and why else bring Hunter back?

Episode 11 is titled "All The Comforts Of Home". I expect that to be present day.

Episode 12 is titled "The Real Deal" I expect perhaps Robbie Returning. Coulson's deal with the Ghost Rider to be dealt with. Also new story arc should emerge. Episode 12 will also be the big 100th episode which will air the same day The Black Panther hits US cinemas.

Anyway, yea they'll get back to present day soon enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"