Alfred Hitchcock and the Making of "Psycho".

Hitchcock finally came to my city, and I just got back from seeing it. The performances in the movie were excellent, and Anthony Hopkins' make-up was fantastic. I could really believe he was Hitchcock. It wasn't perfect, but was still a really enjoyable film. I could have done without the whole [BLACKOUT]Hitch and Gein storyline,[/BLACKOUT] but it didn't ruin it for me.

It should be said though, anyone expecting a completely accurate portrayal of what it was like to make Psycho might be disappointed. A lot of things were added for dramatization. It's like Ed Wood and the Social Network; excellent movies, but not entirely accurate.

Just caught a movie today which could act as a sequel to this, entitled 'The Girl,' which is similar in tone and everything and picks up where this movie left off with the making of 'The Birds.'

I would just like to say, North By Northwest and Rear Window were awesome.

I would just like to say, North By Northwest and Rear Window were awesome.

bill.gif

The movie was rather bland and Hopkins as Hitchcock even more so. At most this film is interesting for the information about the making of Psycho, but that's it.

I just re watched the movie. I enjoyed it. Light and pleasant.

But Hopkins and Mirrens performances were quite amazing. For me both deserved Oscar nominations. Hopkins was spot-on amazing as Hitch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"