Supergirl All About The Ratings!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, but next year if ratings go down to six million or less and a demo next to last place then enter... The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good networks... cruel. :csad: Hopefully, the show will get better to keep its viewers, the potential is there, but they have to improve the writing and action choreography.

I think the core audience actually enjoys the two aspects that you see as a problem. I think those 2 things going to the next step, which they will and have throughout this season will help in season 2. But I do not think they will lose any of the core audience because of those 2 aspects. To us that analyze the hell out of these series...YES, but to the core audience which are not CB geeks on sites like this I think enjoy the show for other reasons. IMO. :)

I agree, but next year if ratings go down to six million or less and a demo next to last place then enter... The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good networks... cruel. :csad: Hopefully, the show will get better to keep its viewers, the potential is there, but they have to improve the writing and action choreography.

The viewership is irrelevant. The demo rating is what matters.

With Gotham returning to its timeslot this Monday, it will be interesting to see if that's good or bad news for Supergirl, i.e. if it lost more viewership to TXF.

Do you believe that the ratings of next Monday 'will rise or will drop from the past Monday?

Do you believe that the ratings of next Monday 'will rise or will drop from the past Monday?

They will probably stay around the same for a few weeks with the Gotham return as well as the Voice, with the L+3 ratings going above the 2.0 mark as they have on a regular basis. Then we will see a very good spike with the "Crossover" episode and probably hover around 1.5 -- 1.8 for the remainder of the season.

I think we can accept that Supergirl's ratings range is between 1.5-1.8. Is Supergirl the highest-rated superhero show?

I think we can accept that Supergirl's ratings range is between 1.5-1.8. Is Supergirl the highest-rated superhero show?

For the most part, but you really are comparing apples and oranges when comparing CW with CBS. So, a 1.2 rating on CW is right up there with the ratings of Supergirl. So, really they are all running at about the same clip. Which is good, there is room for all of them IMO. :)

Right now, they are filming the season finale and they're rallying us to get CBS to renew Supergirl for the 2nd season on Twitter and Instagram.

Comic show averages this season
The Walking Dead: 6.68
Fear the Walking Dead: 3.80
Lucifer: 1.84
Supergirl: 1.81
Gotham: 1.51
Agents of SHIELD: 1.43
The Flash: 1.42
Arrow: 1.02
Legends of Tomorrow: 0.97
Agent Carter: 0.80
iZombie: 0.55

The two Walking Dead shows are by far the highest rated.

Flash isn't the next highest, but it's by far the next healthiest. For a good comparison between CBS and the CW, multiply CW ratings by 3. So Flash doing a 1.43 on CW would be like a show doing a 4.29 on CBS.

In terms of health, it goes

The Walking Dead (highest rated show on TV)

Fear the Walking Dead (one of the highest rated shows on TV)

The Flash (most successful show in CW history, by far)

Arrow (#2 show on CW)
Legends of Tomorrow (#3 show on CW by a wide margin)

Supergirl (highest rated new drama on CBS)
Lucifer (it will probably keep falling, which is why it's below Supergirl but still doing excellent by Fox standards)
Agents of SHIELD (would be lower, but syndication economics demand an automatic renewal)

Gotham (still a lock for renewal)

iZombie (probably 60-75% chance of renewal)

Agent Carter (dead in the water)

Thanks for the ratings info on all superhero shows. Zombie fever running wild with Walking Dead. Supergirl in the Top 5 superhero shows.

Right now, they are filming the season finale and they're rallying us to get CBS to renew Supergirl for the 2nd season on Twitter and Instagram.

I'd say chances for a second season & beyond are strong, the show is very promising & it seems like ratings have been good enough to indicate enough interest to continue forward.

At least I certainly hope so when it's all said and done.

I've never heard of people involved with a television series starting a petition campaign in the absence of evidence that such a campaign - fruitless though it may be - is warranted, which now has me worried that the series is on far less solid ground than the analysts and general ratings data would suggest.

I've never heard of people involved with a television series starting a petition campaign in the absence of evidence that such a campaign - fruitless though it may be - is warranted, which now has me worried that the series is on far less solid ground than the analysts and general ratings data would suggest.
I can only speculate about two reasons for that. The first would be that the show is expensive to make, and the second is that it's rating badly in the lower age range of the audience.

I think tonight episode ratings is important for an eventually season 2

The Walking Dead: 6.68
Fear the Walking Dead: 3.80

Those shows are on AMC which is a cable outlet. Lucifer, Sueprgirl etc. are on networks (Fox and CBS respectively). You should consider people are cutting cable or going to services like Netflix, Hulu or even CBS' All Access.

Also CW is not really much of a network, just the merge of UPN and the WB with ownership by CBS. Fox, now in its 30th year on the air is now a major network so it's all about the big 4 of broadcast TV. CW is basically what Fox first began as; mainly a prime time only network leaving their affiliates with mainly syndicated shows or even news (like on Tribune-owned WPIX NYC, WGN Chicago and LA's KTLA).

there is no reasons the whow wouldnt be picked up for a second season. Its been holding 1.5 and 7 to 8 mill viewers all season long. Either we will get lucky and see early news around april. Or we likely wont hear officially to may for the usual upfronts.

Digic are you saying supergirl couldn't get picked up. I honestly can't see it. If the remaining episodes maintain the 1.5 to 1.8 it's been getting. Heck we don't even know what shows be picked up. Dropped yet. Let alone how many new or mid season shows cbs going to take. Plus we could always see a season 2 have show moved to another night or what not.

Don't worry about Webhead.... It's all good. Just enjoy the episode tonight. ;)

I am not worried I see no reason it won't be picked up. Ratings and demo been fine and holding. Besides the costs per episode deal I do not see it being not picked up.

I was concerned that the show might be in more danger than we think it is, but the admins of Supergirl.TV reached out to Larry Teng and confirmed that, although it's not something I'm used to, the Supergirl Season 2 # campaign isn't motivated by concern over the series' status, and is purely visibility-driven.

Hmm...so Mr. Teng did this just to get out the word for getting out the word's sake? Confusing I know, but I just had to say it that way.

Of course, you have the season premiere of The Voice to worry about tonight, as well as the trainwreck that is The Bachelor and the very dark, very brooding Gotham.

Still we likely will end up still 1.5 to 1.7 we been getting. I doubt we will drop any lower from there.

I hate ratings Tuesday.
It's like that proverbial box of chocolates.
You never know what you are going to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"