Gotham Gotham Season 2 ratings thread

So Fox will have Thursday Night Football starting this Fall, which means if Gotham is renewed for season 5 it will be moved to Friday or start in Spring 2019.

I wonder if it goes to Friday what the rating will be. 0.6 same as 911 rerun?

Well it seems that Fox will likely focus on sports and reality shows and gradually ditch scripted shows anyway.

So Fox will have Thursday Night Football starting this Fall, which means if Gotham is renewed for season 5 it will be moved to Friday or start in Spring 2019.

Well it seems that Fox will likely focus on sports and reality shows and gradually ditch scripted shows anyway.

personly i think that is end of gotham.

and fox becoming network of sports and reality shows is another by product
of urdocks selling 20thcentury fox to disney:cmad:

personly i think that is end of gotham.

and fox becoming network of sports and reality shows is another by product
of urdocks selling 20thcentury fox to disney:cmad:

That was also the problem of Fox getting access to these properties in the first place. You can't trust in their long term safety with the Murdochs as ultimate owners and their focus on propaganda above entertainment. Now all of these projects are in trouble. :csad:

If it stops being made altogether while it's still so good it's going to hurt. But if it moves to DC streaming and continues then that gives me a real reason to sign up for that service when I otherwise might not have.

Gotham posted series low at 0.7 last night.

I'll try to not worry too much, because despite the declining rating and Fox's shift to more sports and reality shows, Fox can still move Gotham to Friday and retain a major of its loyal audience. If not Netflix (which last time I heard spends 2 million per episode for streaming right of Gotham) can still pick it up. If Netflix doesn't pick it up, DC new streaming service (where Gotham's producers Danny Cannon and John Stephens are entrusted with the Superman prequel Metropolis) can still pick it up (if they think that these two can create a brand new prequel show worth for their streaming service then an veteran show with established fan base should be given the same chance, right? Right???)

Tl;dr: Gotham likely might not be on Fox on Thursday this fall, but it can moved to Friday, or Netflix, or the DC streaming service can pick it up. There're at least 3 alternatives out there, so I will try to not worry too much.

Edit: Oh and HH last night were 0.7/0.6, so Jerome's return didn't prop Gotham up, like, at all (which comes at no surprise to me).

Last edited:
I hate the low rating but it's kinda fun to be proven so spectacularly right about Jerome "saving the show"...

Kathemy! Where've you been, dude? I was wondering if you'd pop up in one of the recent threads.

Hi, Skull. Tons of work lately. Plus SHH website doesn't work for me with Chrome.

That's odd. I have Chrome and it works for me. You have it updated?

I see Peyton List is doing wonders for the ratings.

Seriously, if this is where it stabilizes, Gotham is dead. I predicted 0.7 as the floor. 0.6 for episode 14 is horrible.

Last edited:
Well I knew that this day would come: this week TVBytheNumber downgrades Gotham to 2 bears (Likely Cancelled).

I still think it'll be picked up for a final season on Friday though.

Meanwhile Agents of SHIELD is rumoured to be renewed for a 6th season. I don't want to rain on its fans' parade (I used to like it too) but must be nice to have the all-powerful MCU backing you up.

Last edited:
Okay, no hyperbole needed. For one, SHIELD has nothing to do with this, and even it was in danger last year until Disney intervened, so that show isn't invincible on its own. Not to mention that Agent Carter got the axe, so there's nothing 'all powerful' about that. We don't know the state of either show right now until both Fox and ABC make a call.

Eh.. what I meant is AoS obviously has the advantage of being the sole weekly MCU-ad right now, and its future barely depends on its ratings anymore; whether it's renewed is Disney's decision, not ABC's. Last year without the backing of the all-powerful MCU I doubt it would have been renewed. Meanwhile Gotham has neither support from a super popular film series nor backing from its own network. There was nothing hyperbolic, I just stated facts.

Gotham posted 0.5 last night. Guess this is it.

I’m also wary about Danny Cannon’s and John Stephens’ Metropolis being “redeveloped” and “delayed” indefinitely over at the DC Universe streaming service, so probably someone (WB or the showrunners themselves) isn’t happy with it. Hopefully they can try their best for a 12-episode season on whichever network/ service that wants to save it.

I think Gotham's done for, yeah. :csad:

Explains the reboot direction for season 5. I just wonder how much it'll "reboot"

People have seriously misunderstood the way Danny Cannon worded 'reboot'. He didn't mean it as in new cast, new everything as an actual reboot. He meant it as in the show will have different scenarios and plotlines that will take characters places they haven't been before, with the same cast and in the same continuity. He stated this season finale would end on a cliffhanger that would lead right into season 5.

And if Gotham gets cancelled, which is most likely at this point, there won't be a season 5 along with that new direction for the show.

Lethal Weapon just announced firing their lead, maybe they already knew they’re likely renewed. Also Fox just picks up drama The Passage for series.

Hopefully Gotham can be shopped to another network or streaming service. If WB decides for a final 12 episodes and sticks it to CW it’s fine too.

Ugh, no. Keep it as far away from the CW as possible. It's tonally different from any of their shows.

I imagine 12 final episodes won’t be too big of a budget and can be produced independently, but of course that’s just my opinion.

More news from Fox: They just picked up multi cam comedy The Cool Kids and drama Proven Innocent.

Meanwhile Agents of SHIELD is rumoured to be renewed for a 6th season. I don't want to rain on its fans' parade (I used to like it too) but must be nice to have the all-powerful MCU backing you up.

Not related to Gotham but... wow.

Season finale posted 0.6.

Fortunately Gotham’s already renewed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"