Supergirl All About The Ratings!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This year it is on TBS, TNT and Trutv, HOWEVER, I do not see the main outlets doing much on that night, just as none of them put up any of their series against the NCAA Football Championship in January.

As far as what is happening this coming Monday? I have no clue.

EDIT: This coming Monday there are 2 episodes of The Big Bang Theory in place of "Supergirl". My thinking at this point is that the next few episodes are very heavy CGI and more time was needed to get them edited and ready. I think probably next year, the mid-season break will be longer for "Supergirl" than it was this year...

The one thing I noticed in these last 2 episodes was that some key things were cut in editing that really should have been shown.

week before last: The scene where the Master Jailer captures Kara, we didn't see that, it just cut to the jail.
last week: I believe there was a cut in the fight scene between Indigo and Kara where Kara gets out of Indigo's grip, when it cut back to that scene from commercial she was already out of her grip and moving.

I think the quickness of coming back from the mid-season break pushed the crew to its limits.

Last edited:
My thinking at this point is that the next few episodes are very heavy CGI and more time was needed to get them edited and ready.

Except for exceptional circumstances, AFAIK tv schedules are still typically decided six weeks in advance, at least. (Someone correct me if this is wrong!) Traditionally this was to accommodate weekly tv listings magazines, which typically are put together six weeks before their due date (as are most weekly publications I believe -- don't ask me why!) The special effects shots are planned to within a quota: some episodes use a little less, so others can use a little more, but the amount of work required is carefully assessed at scripting stage and rewrites applied when necessary to keep within limits.

When you look at how close the final season episodes are produced to their broadcast date, and you assume tv schedules are still set six weeks ahead of broadcast, I'm not sure CBS would have had the time to change the broadcast dates so easily. Factor in the amount of effort that is taken to budget time for CGI work, and I serious wonder if anything short of a major incident (like malware wiping out several day's work) would overrun the CGI to such a drastic extent that the tv schedule has to be rearranged.

The show's production team would have to be incredibly incompetent to have an overrun that stretched to such a degree, that they didn't couldn't see coming from a distance. I believe in the past, when shows have overrun (and had to resort to a clips episode to fill in) it was a consequence of lots of little overruns from previous episodes, rather than a huge overrun from a single episode. As such, the production team usually gets reasonable notice.

R5

Except for exceptional circumstances, AFAIK tv schedules are still typically decided six weeks in advance, at least. (Someone correct me if this is wrong!) Traditionally this was to accommodate weekly tv listings magazines, which typically are put together six weeks before their due date (as are most weekly publications I believe -- don't ask me why!) The special effects shots are planned to within a quota: some episodes use a little less, so others can use a little more, but the amount of work required is carefully assessed at scripting stage and rewrites applied when necessary to keep within limits.

When you look at how close the final season episodes are produced to their broadcast date, and you assume tv schedules are still set six weeks ahead of broadcast, I'm not sure CBS would have had the time to change the broadcast dates so easily. Factor in the amount of effort that is taken to budget time for CGI work, and I serious wonder if anything short of a major incident (like malware wiping out several day's work) would overrun the CGI to such a drastic extent that the tv schedule has to be rearranged.

The show's production team would have to be incredibly incompetent to have an overrun that stretched to such a degree, that they didn't couldn't see coming from a distance. I believe in the past, when shows have overrun (and had to resort to a clips episode to fill in) it was a consequence of lots of little overruns from previous episodes, rather than a huge overrun from a single episode. As such, the production team usually gets reasonable notice.

R5

Well, then we can simply say it was to get the series into the May sweeps.... :)

there is likely a couple different factors in why the show did a short break and having a few odd off weeks to we get the remaining episodes. Hopefully things will be smoother next season more so if we get 22 or 23 episodes vs 20.

The unrounded ratings were 1.39 compared to last week's 1.54.

there is likely a couple different factors in why the show did a short break and having a few odd off weeks to we get the remaining episodes. Hopefully things will be smoother next season more so if we get 22 or 23 episodes vs 20.
Personally, I like shorter seasons.

Let me clarify, it doesn't have to be 13 episodes, but 20 is okay with me.

20 is fine but I do like having 33 or so to have more room to do more in s3ason. But if they are shorter hopefully they have less filler and have a good condensed story and what not.

With the pacing they're moving at now 20 seems just right. Less filler = better stories.

20 is fine but I do like having 33 or so to have more room to do more in s3ason. But if they are shorter hopefully they have less filler and have a good condensed story and what not.

When has any show done 33 eps per season? :huh:

yea sorry about that didnt see that my phone changed the number.

Supergirl looks to be renewed according to Deadline:
http://deadline.com/2016/03/les-moonves-cbs-plans-renew-new-series-1201716171/

But there is a bit of uncertainty because he got his numbers wrong, he said CBS doesn't own 1 of the 5 new series they plan to renew. When it would seem they only own 3. Deadline infer that means Limitless, Code Black and the forthcoming Criminal Minds spin off will be renewed as will Supergirl and Life in Pieces, Warner shows.

I got caught by that .
It is not an official announcement.
Although, CBR and Newsarama are treating it as if Supergirl was renewed, it was NOT!
It still could be, we just have to wait and see.

It's not official yet, but it's a certainty. There's absolutely nothing to worry about.

As many said things are fine. So good for all.

you believe that tonight's episode will go up or down with the ratings? the fact that last week has not aired the show can damage it? 1.3 would still be a good ratings?

It may stay around the same....mainly because tonight is The Bachelor's season finale, that is going to pull a massive load of viewers. I would be more than happy with a 1.5 to 1.7....but would not be surprised it it stuck around the same as the last episode.

I can see the rating for Falling to be between 1.4-1.5 at the most.

Looks like everyone got slammed by The Bachelor and The Voice last night.

Although, I think The Voice has put some pretty good talent out there, it has kinda worn out its welcome with me, I DVR it, but usually end up deleting it before I watch it. As far as The Bachelor, I have never understood the pull of that show except of course the human flaw of "loving to watch a train wreck".

But, hopefully that goes up....yikes.

Can people please stop freaking out over numbers that don't matter? The demo rating is what counts, and the best place to get said number is TV By the Numbers, not SpoilerTV.

Who's freaking out?

Maybe "freak out" wasn't the best choice of words on my part.

What I was meaning to say is "don't pay attention/react to anything but the 18-49 demo numbers".

Well, I think it was more of a "shock" than a "freak out"....I figured the numbers would be about the same, and possibly go up a little....not go down the amount I thought they would go up...lol

I expect the numbers to go up a little next week, and go up quite a bit the week after...so not worried at all, just a little :eek:;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"