Krypton Krypton - General Discussion Thread

Boo, I wanted to see Brainiac succeed.

Wait so General Zod won in the end by permanently erasing Superman from existence? Well that sucks. First Supergirl and now Krypton; I guess Superman just isn't meant to have a place outside of the films.

So I guess Krypton is going to be an alternate timeline/reality where Superman was never born then?

Seg-El had that chance to take up the name and crest of House Vex, so I'm guessing that's Kal-Zod's cape. He's probably the governor of Earth. Dru-Zod and Jor-El were friends way back in the future, and Kal-El wasn't a bad guy, just severely misguided. Dru-Zod would be charitable and raise the kid right, in honour of his late friend, if he got the chance.

When Brainiac was trapped in the Phantom Zone, Superman's cape was fully restored, with the S symbol (before it changed to the Zod cape). Wasn't Superman's existence dependent on Brainiac succeeding and taking Kandor? (thus leading to the destruction of Krypton and baby Kal being sent to Earth.)

The other thing that I'm wondering about is why didn't General Zod vanish from existence? If he really is Seg-el's son, then he should have vanished from existence the moment Seg was taken to the PZ.
Maybe he's a natural born Kryptonian and Lyta is already pregnant with him.
An excellent point, and yeah, I guess Lyta is already pregnant with him (although would she be pregnant; Kryptonians don't reproduce that way anymore)...

I guess, if the timeline has now been changed, Adam [should] be excluded moving forward, but because he's trapped, he'll get a free pass or something.

I'm also REALLY curious how Brainiac appears to have an Earth City in his collection when he hasn't been to Earth yet - and even if he had, Earth wouldn't have evolved (technologically) to the point of people having mobiles phones and more modern vehicles as per those that appeared in the frozen city.

Someone explain how that's possible...

And Kal-El's cape, does the change in symbol mean that there's a Zod in Superman's place on Earth? How else would the cape even exist if it was taken from Kal-El on Earth?

Amazing finale last night! Zod and Brainiac are handled really well on the show, and Doomsday is coming to destroy everything, which will intervene in Zod's plans!

That was an amazing finale, such a great twist at the end too and using the classic line oh man it floored me.

Give me Season 2 now!

An excellent point, and yeah, I guess Lyta is already pregnant with him (although would she be pregnant; Kryptonians don't reproduce that way anymore)...

I guess, if the timeline has now been changed, Adam [should] be excluded moving forward, but because he's trapped, he'll get a free pass or something.

I'm also REALLY curious how Brainiac appears to have an Earth City in his collection when he hasn't been to Earth yet - and even if he had, Earth wouldn't have evolved (technologically) to the point of people having mobiles phones and more modern vehicles as per those that appeared in the frozen city.

And Kal-El's cape, does the change in symbol mean that there's a Zod in Superman's place on Earth? How else would the cape even exist if it was taken from Kal-El on Earth?

Why would Adam be excluded? My guess is he will still be born and can still find the Zeta Beam tech.

And Earth would be much like Earth today since Superman was never there. Up until the point Zod conquers it (which would take a while Krypton is in no condition to attack other worlds) they would just keep humming along like they do in the real world.

As for why Zod didnt cease to exist, the timeline isnt solidified since the PZ exists outside of normal spacetime. Seg could pop back in at any time and still become Zod's father. OR Lyta is already pregnant but I doubt that ;)

Next season my guess is Adam Strange finds a way into the Phantom Zone to save Seg. Somehow though Seg sees the future where Superman exists (maybe even interacts with him) which causes him to lead the uprising against Zod to protect the "Better Tomorrow". Meanwhile Doomsday is killing and destroying stuff. We will find out Doomsday is linked to cloning tech which will lead to season 3 which will be the Krypton Civil War over cloning.

Superman will exist, they just need to fix the future.

The finale was fantastic. Even though, it shouldn't be as surprising given what can be done on TV, I'm still amazed that we actually got a Brainiac that resembles one of the versions from the comics and past TV shows in live-action.

The Zod line delivery was perfect. With a speech like that, such as a face had to be made by him. This might be my favorite version of Zod.

The Zod/Seg connection certainly leads to some questions, which will be answered later I guess. Since Zod is still out, I just assumed it meant Seg at least gets out of the PZ at some point, but Zod still continues with his expansion around the universe.

But then you have to question about Adam's situation. It looked like he was in some Earth city but with Zod's statue. So, Brainiac gets out the PZ too and takes from Earth city (Metropolis maybe) in the future?

Felt sorry for Nyssa. But, it should be interesting to see where her story goes. Her dad is probably still alive since we didn't see his body. Look at what happened with Momma Zod's brother.

Speaking of which, I'm kinda disappointed we didn't see more of what happened with her. Probably not enough time to show her reunion with her brother.

Did they say how soon Doomsday was going to wake up? You'd think those people would try to fix things once they realized Kandor was safe from Brainiac.

I'm just gonna blame the messed up timeline on Barry...

In interviews, executive producer Cam Welsh is saying that Adam Strange beams back to present day earth, to his hometown of Detroit in 2018, to find it has been captured by Brainiac.

They wanted to show that Brainiac wasn't defeated and somehow in the future manages to continue being a threat. Same with Zod. They both take over Earth.

And Adam is back on a Zod-controlled Earth?

Yeah, Adam zeta-beamed back to Detroit, back where he came from. So it's present-day Detroit, and there's two key pieces of information that we get there, but a lot is happening in the finale, so this this could get lost.

The first is the obvious one, explaining what it's like inside one of Brainiac's worlds, what it means for the inhabitant. They are paralyzed, but their brains are still functioning, they are still cognizant. We see that in all the people surrounding Adam. So we are in Detroit and see that somehow in the future Brainiac has taken Detroit.

But we also know that in our time, back in Krypton, Brainiac has just been in the Phantom Zone with Seg, so this suggests that Brainiac will get out at some point and that he will remain a threat.

And the second piece of info?

The second piece is that we see in Zod's speech he talked about building an empire with Krypton at the center of it. That suggests at some point, Earth is colonized by Zod.

https://www.tvinsider.com/691689/syfy-krypton-season-1-finale-phantom-zone-cameron-welsh-interview/

Love this show. They went full elseworlds with it. Few takeaways though.

*Curious to see where there going with the clone Nyssa thing. Seemed out of the blue but I'm guessing there setting something up.

*Seg is obviously going to be back. I know there going Elseworlds with this, but he'll need to return to maintain the El blood line, create superman, and get earth and Adam Strange out of the Zod city collection.

*They didn't need to have Doomsday breakout. He could have just opened his eyes and hit the credits. Now there kinda forced to followup with a rampaging Doomsday for season 2. (Or just disregard it entirely. Wouldn't be the first time lol)

In interviews, executive producer Cam Welsh is saying that Adam Strange beams back to present day earth, to his hometown of Detroit in 2018, to find it has been captured by Brainiac.

They wanted to show that Brainiac wasn't defeated and somehow in the future manages to continue being a threat. Same with Zod. They both take over Earth.

So how will that work? If that's true, then they must maintain there alliance. I'm excited to see how that plays out.

And if Brainiac comes back from the Phantom zone, then I would imagine Seg would follow him back.

They didnt have to conquer it together. Maybe Zod conquers it than years later Brainiac arrives and does his thing.

As for why Zod didnt cease to exist, the timeline isnt solidified since the PZ exists outside of normal spacetime. Seg could pop back in at any time and still become Zod's father. OR Lyta is already pregnant but I doubt that ;)

The Genesis Chamber has Seg's DNA on file, and the computer in charge of it is easy to persuade. All that Dru-Zod's conception needs is a drop of Lyta's blood, if that's not already also on file. Of course, if the Codex that Jax-Ur stole was the only copy, then Kryptonian procreation is on pause for now.

Dru-Zod could also be a clone of himself from a closed time loop, with no original version to need parents. I can certainly imagine him using the cloning technology to produce a master race in his own image — and then with time travel dividing real-world logic by zero to produce comic book logic, impossible scenarios become plausible.

https://www.tvinsider.com/691689/syfy-krypton-season-1-finale-phantom-zone-cameron-welsh-interview/

Thanks for the link. I didn't even think of Detroit.

The last few episodes improved for me. I thought the series started out strong. Hearing the John Williams music was an unexpected surprise. But after that, it kind of dragged for me.

I like Adam Strange. The actor playing the part does a good job. Everything else though...I hate the Zod characters, but it's not like we as an audience shouldn't dislike the characters, but I just find Janya-Zod to get on my nerves.

I'm not that intrigued to find out about Daron-Vex's past either. So Seg-El is Zod's dad...damn. So many twists but...it's gotten so complicated now. I guess I'll have to rewatch. I don't know anything more conflicting than this. Zod trying to release Doomsday. Lyta-Zod killing her own mother. That's messed up.

I was surprised to find that unnamed character we were watching later turned out to be General Dru-Zod. I was slightly disappointed. Wasn't a huge fan of the plot twist, but he has grown on me. I prefer this version of Zod more than Michael Shannon. I did like Shannon's performance but I do miss the more menacing and malicious Zod.

With a similar backstory, both versions meant to (or bred to) protect Krypton, but attempt a coup. Shannon's Zod was ultimately trying to protect Krypton at all costs, but he wasn't really that bad. Terrence Stamp and Callum Blue however portrayed Zod as a sick, twisted monster, who would sacrifice Krypton to save himself.

I like that this Zod who was willing to sacrifice Krypton at the very end, just so he could rule it. He revealed his true colors. As it has been done traditionally in most versions, he went from being a respected general to an authoritarian dictator who only cares about ruling. But as such, those were always his intentions.

Still, I think all in all, Terrence Stamp and Callum Blue played the character best. I liked Shannon's Zod and appreciated that Zack Snyder was trying to go for something different, but now that I look back at it, I miss the British accent and classic line, "Kneel Before Zod!"

When I first saw Doomsday come at the end, I thought this is going to look better than that version in Batman v Superman...but maybe not. Lol.

Some things I'll have to get over is how do they speak English on Krypton, and how can Seg-El and Adam communicate? Wish they had some explanation for that. Yeah, it has to be in English for audiences sake but if Adam was using some sort of tech to communicate with them, and it just changes to English, I'd be good with that.

Not to get off topic, but as far as creating universes different from out own, I liked what Man of Steel did. Slightly less population than Earth, but greater mass. Internet is the liquid geo that can create and do nearly everything. And then what's essentially different about Krypton from Earth is freedom of choice. No natural born children. I like this because it felt plausible like this could really be *ANOTHER* planet.

With Sci-Fi generally, we get other planets that just seem too similar to Earth. On this show, I know not to take it that seriously, but what bothers me, and I just wonder how much of a coincidence it is that on Krypton, they have bars, and alcohol-like drinks and they can get drunk? So connected. And a bartender. I would like to know more about the life-style on Krypton. Their norms and everything else.

Looking forward to next season though.

I just rewatched the final scene, man Colin Salmon’s delivery of KNEEL BEFORE ZOD was so intense. That would scare the **** out of his enemies.

They still didn't explain how Zod was able to time travel or did I miss something?

No, they didn't explain it.

[YT]Lrkgh_FRLfI[/YT]

[YT]4N2xlisrIHg[/YT]

They still didn't explain how Zod was able to time travel or did I miss something?

Wasn't it the Phantom Zone? Zod says time and space have no meaning in there. While he was imprisoned in there he met Val-El (from a different time) and stole that gadget that allowed him to leave the Phantom Zone and also to re-enter when he went back in to retrieve Val.

Wasn't it the Phantom Zone? Zod says time and space have no meaning in there. While he was imprisoned in there he met Val-El (from a different time) and stole that gadget that allowed him to leave the Phantom Zone and also to re-enter when he went back in to retrieve Val.

Yup that’s exactly how they explained it.

This can't Be it 'cause Zod said Superman is his enemy, and he was sent to the PZ by Jor-El in Krypton.

This can't Be it 'cause Zod said Superman is his enemy, and he was sent to the PZ by Jor-El in Krypton.

But, like in the movies, he ends up facing Superman by escaping the Phantom Zone and travelling to Earth.

In the normal timeline, he is put in the PZ by Jor-El on Krypton, Zod survives the destruction of Krypton, and escapes the PZ and makes his way to Earth.

In this 'Krypton' timeline, he was put in the PZ by Jor-El (or the council) and in there he meets Val-El and steals the device from Val that allows him (or anyone) to leave and re-enter the PZ when he chooses, in different time periods.

But, like in the movies, he ends up facing Superman by escaping the Phantom Zone and travelling to Earth.

In the normal timeline, he is put in the PZ by Jor-El on Krypton, Zod survives the destruction of Krypton, and escapes the PZ and makes his way to Earth.

In this 'Krypton' timeline, he was put in the PZ by Jor-El (or the council) and in there he meets Val-El and steals the device from Val that allows him (or anyone) to leave and re-enter the PZ when he chooses, in different time periods.

In the krypton timeline you mention above(is still the normal timeline for the show krypton )zod would have to meet superman first then gets defeated later,then he meet val and later steals the device to get to Krypton.
Before that happen the timeline was the normal timeline.
Remember he had powers on earth before he meet val,janya or seg.
It looks like he was send to the phantom zone twice.
First jor-el and the council,then later on earth.

Last edited:
I just rewatched the final scene, man Colin Salmon’s delivery of KNEEL BEFORE ZOD was so intense. That would scare the **** out of his enemies.

He looked a bit unhinged too! Was pretty epic hearing him say the line! :hmr:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"