Alright let's talk about tonight's ep "Pariah"

The Incredible Hulk said:
uggh I made the mistake of going over to the boards over at K-Site, what a bunch of whiney, little, know-nothing, idiots..... There's a guy who dedicated a whole thread to saying Smallville sucks because Alicia didnt have a "nice goodbye" with Clark??? :confused: I swear those people need t o go back and watch their Buffy DVD's or pickuip a Supermna comic once in a while and just ****.... :rolleyes:
Too funny! I just took a swing by DTS to see what *they* were saying, and it's the complete opposite. Much to my utter amazement, most of the folks posting over at DTS actually liked the ep. Last week, they were ready to pull out their Uzis (sp?). Go freakin' figure? LMAO!!!

SPOILERS... in case anyone is trying to avoid them......

I can't believe the intensity of mixed feelings this episode left me with. What an amazing job everyone did on this one.

Since my head is still reeling.. here are just a few comments.

I was really upset when Alicia "showed" Chloe Clark's powers. I dunno.. I guess I just hated seeing him so betrayed, knowing how hard he's worked to keep his abilities a secret. It was so .. invasive. I'm not really explaining well, I'm having a hard time putting it into words. :(

You could have knocked me over with a feather when he found Alicia hanged. I didn't see it coming, and the effect was as it should have been, a complete shock. I love it when a show successfully surprises me. Watching Clark's reaction had me almost in tears. It's hard to watch a character you love go through such pain... and Tom did another wonderful job with this scene. The guy gets more and more impressive with each episode.

I officially love Genevieve. Yeah, okay.. she's bad, but I love the presence she brings. Power to the sexy old broads. ;) :up:

Jason and Lex working together... I like it. <befg>

I liked Lois more in this ep than I have in any others. ED really seems a lot more comfortable and.. relaxed.. in the role. I still think she'd be great in her own show.

I reallly don't want to rag on Chloe.. but I'm afraid I have to, a little bit. I *hate* her knowing. I can't help it, I just do. She's going to use the knowledge.. just like she did tonight at the frickin' graveside.. to say the right things to Clark to get him closer to her again. I don't think there's any chance that she would ever betray his secret.. but I do think she'll use the knowledge to her advantage. She's going to do everything she can to coerce him into revealing it to her himself. I think he will too, and when he does, I wonder if she'll ever tell him that she already knew, because of Alicia (knowing how much that would hurt him).

Edited to add my :up::up::up::up:

Wow, what an episode! Easily one of the best this season. This season we've seen quite a few less than stellar eps, but this one is easily one of the better episodes, for the series in general for that matter. So much emotion, so much drama! Excellent! :up:

AgentPat said:
Too funny! I just took a swing by DTS to see what *they* were saying, and it's the complete opposite. Much to my utter amazement, most of the folks posting over at DTS actually liked the ep. Last week, they were ready to pull out their Uzis (sp?). Go freakin' figure? LMAO!!!

Theyre just so stupid, they all have the attention span of my cat and miss key things in the show, then they scream "plot hole" or "stupid episode", for instance the part with Alicia getting captured and hung. Most of them didnt see the rather obvious scene of her wilting when the guy put the rag over her mouth, implying that he had chlorofom on it. And then they say it's a logistical problem with the show because she didnt teleport out of the noose?? :confused:

Then they cant understand why she didnt have a "better death".. Umm hello, she's getting framed the whoel show by this dude. He's not going to just killer her and make the cops think the killer is still at large. He needs to make it look like she offed herself, as it implies her guilt and also makes them stop looking for someone....

I swear people need a frickin map to get 1+1 to equal 2 nowadays... Theyd have hated TV in the 70's when people used to actually have to draw their own conclusions on things because the writers wanted you to think.....

I didn't know the spoiler when I watched it tonight. When Chloe found out and it cut to commercial my head just about exploded.

I'm not sure how I feel about Chloe knowing. IMO, this can only mean bad news for her. Everyone elso who's found out has died.

Are they still introducing her into the comics this year?

LOL! Hulk, the same things are being questioned over at DTS, but at least they still liked the ep.

Some things aren't always made clear by the writing or setting. For example, why would everybody and their mother know that Clark and Alicia got married? How in bloody hell would he explain THAT one to his friends? Too much beer? Rohypnol? C'mon! But the chloroform seemed rather obvious. Guess these youngins haven't seen enough 60's and 70's cop shows to know about that stuff. LOL!!! ;)

That was awesome. I really liked when Clark finds Alicia's dead body and all the grief/anger that came with it in the episode. If the rest of the episodes are as good as this, I'll be a happy man. :up:

I think it's great she knows, though it kind of makes her look like she's trying to move in now that Alicia and Lana are out of the picture, playing the whole supportive friend with out Clark knowing role.

They've also been dropping hints that she's losing her Journalistic drive, about as much as they were doing at the beginning of the season to imply that she'd find out Clark's secret. Perhaps fate will have something else in store for Chloe other than death or journalism. The more that Chloe's losing faith/interest in journalism, the more we're seeing Lois picking up the slack. I don't think this is being done by chance.

Something about a black dress makes women very sexy
wink.gif

Would love to see Martha in one
wink.gif

AgentPat said:
LOL! Hulk, the same things are being questioned over at DTS, but at least they still liked the ep.

Some things aren't always made clear by the writing or setting. For example, why would everybody and their mother know that Clark and Alicia got married? How in bloody hell would he explain THAT one to his friends? Too much beer? Rohypnol? C'mon! But the chloroform seemed rather obvious. Guess these youngins haven't seen enough 60's and 70's cop shows to know about that stuff. LOL!!! ;)

I swear I want to go off on people there, but I dont feel like hearing some 17 year old mod give me a lecture about "everyone having valid feelings"... Meh maybe I'll just go get banned, I cant stomach posting there anyway...

AgentPat said:
Some things aren't always made clear by the writing or setting. For example, why would everybody and their mother know that Clark and Alicia got married? How in bloody hell would he explain THAT one to his friends? Too much beer? Rohypnol? C'mon!

Here's my theory.. not to speak ill of the dead, buuut..

Remember in Obsession when Pete was congratulating Clark on getting caught with Alicia in his room and Clark wondered how Pete (and the rest of the school) knew? Clark even said that no one knew except him and Alicia.. Then Pete says, "Well, I guess she's not as secretive as you."

Methinks Alicia likes to brag about what she considers "hers." It would only take telling one person in a small town like SV for word to get around.

AgentPat said:
Okay, so the homage to S:TM was sledgehammer obvious.
Anybody catch the one from "The Great Escape?" Hee!!

Didn't quite catch that, but you're so right! LOL!

Cue Cheryl Crowe "Like Steeeeevvvvve McQueeeeeeeen......"

AgentPat said:
I love this show!!
cloud9.gif

I love this show!

Serene said:
SPOILERS... in case anyone is trying to avoid them......

I can't believe the intensity of mixed feelings this episode left me with. What an amazing job everyone did on this one.

Since my head is still reeling.. here are just a few comments.

I was really upset when Alicia "showed" Chloe Clark's powers. I dunno.. I guess I just hated seeing him so betrayed, knowing how hard he's worked to keep his abilities a secret. It was so .. invasive. I'm not really explaining well, I'm having a hard time putting it into words. :(

You could have knocked me over with a feather when he found Alicia hanged. I didn't see it coming, and the effect was as it should have been, a complete shock. I love it when a show successfully surprises me. Watching Clark's reaction had me almost in tears. It's hard to watch a character you love go through such pain... and Tom did another wonderful job with this scene. The guy gets more and more impressive with each episode.

I officially love Genevieve. Yeah, okay.. she's bad, but I love the presence she brings. Power to the sexy old broads. ;) :up:

Jason and Lex working together... I like it. <befg>

I liked Lois more in this ep than I have in any others. ED really seems a lot more comfortable and.. relaxed.. in the role. I still think she'd be great in her own show.

I reallly don't want to rag on Chloe.. but I'm afraid I have to, a little bit. I *hate* her knowing. I can't help it, I just do. She's going to use the knowledge.. just like she did tonight at the frickin' graveside.. to say the right things to Clark to get him closer to her again. I don't think there's any chance that she would ever betray his secret.. but I do think she'll use the knowledge to her advantage. She's going to do everything she can to coerce him into revealing it to her himself. I think he will too, and when he does, I wonder if she'll ever tell him that she already knew, because of Alicia (knowing how much that would hurt him).

Edited to add my

Well said :up:

I also have a problem with how Chloe found out from Alicia telling her. Then Alicia gets hung :-/ I was hoping they'd let it come a little more full circle.

You think Clark will resent Lana and Jason for awhile because they treated Alicia like dirt?

AWESOME EPISODE

Tom Willing really surprised me with how well he handeled Alicias death

& I hate Lana even more because she could NOT even apologize to Clark for accusing Alicia after finding out the truth Heck Lois & Chloe did it wouldnt kill the writers to add in a 5 min apology from BOTH Lana & Jason the stupid idiots

DIE LANA

AgentPat said:

LOL!

Makes perfect sense, their "block" to Clana is gone!

I'm just gonna have to watch it again... the kids are in bed and my hubby is working late and there ain't a damn thing on because the Prez is still talking...

I'll just have to sufffer.

I loved this episode. It's right behind Transference, Run, and Crusade so far this season....

Most excellent, especially with all the nods to Superman:TM, hints at his decision making process leading up to him finally pulling on the tights, and Tom's acting.

Excellent ep.

Obsidian said:
You think Clark will resent Lana and Jason for awhile because they treated Alicia like dirt?

If he does, he'll have to resent Jonathan, Martha, Lois, Chloe, and pretty much the rest of the town as well. Alicia was set-up and everyone, including Clark, thought she was guilty.

Regardless of the attack in this episode.. I think Lana is TOTALLY within her rights to not want anything to do with Alicia EVER, recovered or not.

Chole & Lois BOTH

APOLOGIZED

to Clark about the way they treated Alicia
Its everyone else he should hate

I think it taught Clark a lesson, to TRUST... His feelings were influenced by EVERYONE else talking about her. Should have made up his own mind and trusted his instinct :o

Jonathan and Martha should have felt guilty. It seems kind of hypocritical to have this son that's "different" and know what can happen as a result of that, then turn away a girl who is also different and is trying to be something better. :o

Thats one thing I forgot it would have been nice to see his parents APOLOGIZE on screen I am guessing they did it off screen

Because if I was Clark & they came up here without saying they were DEAD wrong about someone Id love

Id be VERY TICKED OFF

AgentPat said:

I figured the marriage bit came out once Alicia had ended up in the hospital with a bullet in her. They woulda had to report it to the police and it woulda came out why Dr. McBride tried to shoot Clark... then people woulda talked. That didn't bother me.

What really bothers me now is we'll never know how Alicia found out about the Red-K....

I thought for sure we'd find out tonight! Dammit all to hell.

Great ep, aside from that! :D :up: :up:

And to not know about Chloroform? Kids nowadays... ;) Sheesh.

JcDc said:
I think it taught Clark a lesson, to TRUST... His feelings were influenced by EVERYONE else talking about her. Should have made up his own mind and trusted his instinct :o

Yeah, true.

I bet he won't make that mistake again.

JcDc said:
Jonathan and Martha should have felt guilty. It seems kind of hypocritical to have this son that's "different" and know what can happen as a result of that, then turn away a girl who is also different and is trying to be something better.
redface1.gif

I thought they did feel guilty when they were talking to him in the loft.... I'll have to watch again.

Oh, how I'll suffer! ;)

Clark would have been better of with Kyla. Damn guys with guns!:mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"