Alternative X-MEN Actors.

JackBauer said:
if I had to choose one character to change actor, it'd be Juggernaut. not because Vinnie Jones is a particularly bad choice, but because I'd probably pee my pants in excitement at seeing Ray Stevenson as Juggs.

I've got to admit, it's impossible that my pick for Juggernaut, Nathan Jones (Troy), is as good an actor as Ray (Titus Pullio) Stevenson. That guy rules.

Although maybe I can have my cake and eat it too in suggesting Nathan for Juggernaut and Ray for Beast, if both can successfully affect an American accent.

these are all kick ass choices iI especailly like the idea of Mandy moore being Rogue she has the look (0)(0) to play her, if you catch my drift.

BT18 said:
Although maybe I can have my cake and eat it too in suggesting Nathan for Juggernaut and Ray for Beast, if both can successfully affect an American accent.
Ray as Beast? That would be so bizarre... I would love to see Ray Stevenson play some role though. He's brilliant, I adore him.

Since I'm thinking about "Rome" now, James Purefoy reminds me of Hugh Jackman for some reason. He wouldn't make a bad Wolverine (I've never been hung up on the height issue where he's concerned). Not that I'd ever want anyone other than Jackman --who nails the character perfectly IMO-- I'm just throwing alternative ideas around for fun.

Hmmm... Keira Knightley as Rogue. Jensen Ackles as Angel. Angela Bassett as Storm. I like the idea of Emmy Rossum as Kitty, if I were casting her older. I still think Josh Holloway would be perfect for Gambit.

Who would y'all cast as Iceman? If you were casting him closer to the comic's version?

Charles Xavier - Ben Kingsley
bk-sm.jpg

Magneto - Christopher Lee
christopher-lee.jpg

Nightcrawler- Adrien Brody
adrien-brody02.jpg

Sabertooth- Ron Perlman
Ron_Perlman.jpg

Beast- Philip Seymour Hoffman
Blog+Image_hoffman.jpg

Good nightcrawler choice someone do a manip of Adrien as kurt I have to se it, Also good choice for the professor.

Philip Seymour Hoffman could only play Beast if he was completely computer generated. He's pretty predisposed to having a massively unathletic body and his face doesn't quite match up either. Ian McKellan is a bit too feeble for magneto but compared to Christopher Lee he's freaking Mr. Universe. Brody could work because he's basically got sharp features and is a very good actor. I just think James Franco is worlds closer to Nightcrawlers usual appearance and age in the 70's/80's drawings of him in Uncanny.

Ashley Hartman/Dazzler collage added to my earlier post

I like the choice for Gambit and the White Queen. I think they are simply perfect. I'm glad this thread is running because I've had an idea for Bishop and Blob for a long time now and now I have a place to state it.

Bishop: Malcolm-Jamal Warner
vv050224.jpg
perry63.jpg

bishop.gif
bishop.jpg

Blob: Ethan Suplee
ethan_suplee_1.jpg
Toy_Biz_X_Men_Evolution_Animated_Series_Figure_I_Blob_Toys-resized200.jpg

Thoughts?

^ he is entirely too ugly to play Cable. The guy is the son of Scott Summers (played at acurate handsomeness level by James Marsden) and Madelyn Prior, a clone of Jean Grey(played at almost acurate gorgeousness level by Famke Janssen). So not only is he too ugly based on comic book canon (in which Cable was standard movie guy handsome, just weathered) it's illogical to non comic readers based on the films characters looks.

buddylee415 said:
ethan_suplee_1.jpg

Thoughts?

Except that hes alot thinner now....

I say never ever put the blob in. People would laugh their butts off. Too campy....

Does anyone reckon Josh Holloway would be pretty nice playing Gambit? In LOST, he has the hair do. Give em nice red eyes, keep the stubble and give im a red bandana! Well, kinda. But I think he'd do nicely as a Gambit.

EDIT: Actually, has anyone watched the X-Men:EVO DVD's? On one disc, it shows you the voice actors with such greats as Scott McNeil, but the woman that voices Rogue looks perfect!

Nah, I would rather have Ian somendaiher or whatever his last name is play gambit, if you don't know who he is check the first page of this thread.

Ian Somerhalder is a little TOO pretty boy for Gambit, and looks half as tough.

Sugarculted said:
Does anyone reckon Josh Holloway would be pretty nice playing Gambit? In LOST, he has the hair do. Give em nice red eyes, keep the stubble and give im a red bandana! Well, kinda. But I think he'd do nicely as a Gambit.

I don't want an Appalachian accent Gambit and I'd also prefer one who doesn't overact 90 percent of the time. Which for me rules Holloway out twice. He can't do accents other than his own and he's neck and neck with the kid who plays Walt for worst actor on that show.

JackBauer said:
Ian Somerhalder is a little TOO pretty boy for Gambit, and looks half as tough.

If you haven't noticed gambit is a pretty boy and Gambit isn't as tough he looks is just quick minded and reckless.

I think Angela Basset would have been great for Storm. Granted Halle Berry is hot as hell, but I always thought Storm to be more of an earthly beauty. Angela seems to have that a lot more. Just more natural and not Hollywoodised!!!
You guys understand!!!

yeah but angela bassset is a little to old I would have picked nona gaye.

Wow, i didn't think of Uma Thurman as Emma Frost. I suppose that could work but then again we need someone a little colder. If Kathleen Turner was a little younger she could've.

ghost113 said:
yeah but angela bassset is a little to old I would have picked nona gaye.

Yeah, Nona would've been a better choice over Angela ONLY because she has youth on her side (Not saying Ms. Bassett is old.) And Nona is TALLER than Halle.

buddylee415 said:
I like the choice for Gambit and the White Queen. I think they are simply perfect. I'm glad this thread is running because I've had an idea for Bishop and Blob for a long time now and now I have a place to state it.

Bishop: Malcolm-Jamal Warner
vv050224.jpg
perry63.jpg

bishop.gif
bishop.jpg

ethan_suplee_1.jpg

Thoughts?

MMmmmmmmmmmm... Malcom-Jamal Warner is hands down the best possible choice for Bishop!

It sucks that Bishop would probably never be in the films.

Malcom would be an interesting choice, definently looks like Bishop.. Bishop is a badass though and Malcom has a pretty soft voice.. hes a good actor though and he could definently pull off Bishop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"