Wolverine
Wonder Woman
X-Men 4
... All Movies

s10.g

Lost's Sawyer Up For Role in X-men 4

Monday, November 27, 2006
josh-holloway.jpg

In a recent interview with IESB, producer Lauren Schuler Donner revealed her pick to play Gambit in the next X-Men movie: Josh Holloway.
Holloway is best known to audiences as televisions Sawyer on ABC's hit show Lost. Rumors of the actor playing Gambit have been circling around the Internet for months, largely due to his striking resemblance to the comic book character.
Many X-men fans have been hoping Gambit would make the transformation to the big screen since the original film. Now it seems Gambit will finally come to life in X-men 4, which hasn't been officialy announced yet.
"The reason we didn't use Gambit was because in a sense his persona is a bit like WOLVERINE," revealed Donner. "In that he's got attitude and his power is not quite as exciting as the others."
Another posable reason for the popular characters inclusion is the rumor that many of the franchises main draws will not be returning for a fourth film. This likely includes Halle Berry (Storm), Ian McKellen (Magneto) and Hugh Jackman (Wolverine).
Jackman, however, will be back as Wolverine in a movie spin-off slated for 2008.

I don't watch Lost but he certainly looks like Gambit. But IF he is cast as Gambit and IF their will be an X4, he would have to put on an accent. Colosus wasn't Russian in the X-Men films. I don't want them making the same mistake twice.

He is not Gambit, sorry. There are other actors who reminds more the role.

and an aclaration, specially for Lauren S. Donner, Gambit isn't like Logan, Josh H. is like Hugh Jackman. Remember it.

Maybe if he was 10 years less, could be perferct, but now, is really too old for the role. He should be a little older than Anna, not like Logan.

Good choice,he the coolness,charm and charisma

Angamb said:
He is not Gambit, sorry. There are other actors who reminds more the role.

Maybe if he was 10 years less, could be perferct, but now, is really too old for the role. He should be a little older than Anna, not like Logan.

Agreed!!

My problem with him is that he's too over-exposed right now.
Lost is so friggin' popular, and it just doesn't sit right with me for him
as Gambit.
Too old (IMO), too over-exposed, too...Sawyer.
Sawyer is Sawyer and Gambit is Gambit.
'Nuff said.

I like them both, but come on. I don't care how many similarites you can find, they are two seperate characters written for two completly different
stories. Characters cannot be mixed and matched. Just doesn't work
that way.

There was rumor speculation that they asked Josh to play Gambit in X3 when the script still called for him.

Josh didn't accept to play Gmabit before, I hardly think he will accept now.

I hope he doesn't,so he looks like gambit it doesn't mean he should be him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"