AMALGAM character REDESIGN thread

RAMORE

~The First Avenger~
Reaction score
This thread will be much like the marvel and Dc redesign threads only it will be for redesign of previous amalgams and all new amalgams.

I noticed after going back through those thread there were some cool amalgams that didn't really fit in either done by artistsean and tdk.

So after seeing some other cool amalgams on Deviant art done by Walfiend2 I decided to start this thread and post some here to kick us off:

First up Bruce Murdock as the DevilBat
156btld.jpg

Artist's Comments
Another original Amalgam of my design using DC's Batman and Marvel's Daredevil.
There's not to much I have to say other than I am pretty happy with how this turned out.

Next Quantum Lantern Corps
apfd02.jpg

Artist's Comments
This is another original Amalgam design. It is an Amalgam of the DC's Green Lantern Corps and Marvel's Quasar. These are two designs based on the idea of this Amalgamation.
The one on the left is closer to an amalgam of the two costumes, but the one on the right looks pretty slick, so I put them both up. Since the idea is a Corps of these guys, I figured they would have costumes variations, just like the Green Lanterns do.

One of the Coolest ones
Blue Spider
15cztrt.jpg

Artist's Comments
Another original Amalgam idea, this one based on merging Marvel's Spiderman with DC's Blue Beetle. Since the new Blue Beetle's costume is some sort of semi-sentient weapon/battlesuit I thought this works well with Spiderman's symbiant suit. I have an idea for a 'classic' suit as well, of the Ted Kord Blue Beetle costume with Spidey's red and blue suit.
Edit---

Honorable Mentions from the same guy for either idea or design not both

Apoidea
25kr0g0.jpg

Artist's Comments
This character is of my own design, based in the Amalgam universe. I decided to try and come up with my own Amalgam ideas, along with re-designing some of the existing Amalgam characters.

This is Apoidea, an Amalgam of Marvel's Wasp and DC's Bumblebee. These two characters fit well together, having similar powers. Bonus points if you can figure out why I chose this particular name, though it's easily a google search away.

Mercury
14w91ra.jpg

Artist's Comments
Okay, this is the next Amalgam comics character that I redesigned. This character is an Amalgam of Marvel's Quicksilver and DC's Flash. I found the costume very boring, so I did my best to design something more interesting, and worthy of the characters that were Amalgamated together.

Wolf~neat idea bad design
2crx1lj.jpg

Artist's Comments
This is an Amalgam of Marvel Comic's Wolverine and DC's Lobo. The idea fit's into a logical progression. If the Super Soldier project was attempted to be duplicated, it would be similar to the way Weapon X was an attempt to create a new Captain America. They would find a new alien and attempt to mix it's dna with a test subject. If the alien in question was Lobo, and a person with a healing factor already, like Logan, was the subject of the graft, then Wolf would be the results.

This is the final version, including what his costume looks like under the leather jacket.

Vein
nvul8h.jpg

Artist's Comments
This is an Amalgam of the characters Bane, from DC Comics, and Venom, from Marvel Comics. I went with the name, not only because it sounds like a combination of Venom and Bane, but because of the huge veins that I gave the character.

A few more same guy:

Ms. Sentinel
2mx0hnn.jpg

Artist's Comments
This is an Amalgam of DC's Mary Marvel and Marvel comics Ms. Marvel. I chose the name Ms Sentinel because I am also working on another Amalgam of DC's Captain Marvel and Marvel's Sentry, called Captain Sentinel.

White Witch
t8lxmt.jpg

Artist's Comments
This is a redesign of an existing Amalgam Comics character, the White Witch. She is an Amalgam of DC's Zatanna and Marvel Comics' Scarlet Witch.
There is nothing wrong, per say, with the original White Witch design. It's actually quite sexy looking. It just doesn't scream 'combination of Zatanna and Scarlet Witch'. It just sort of looks like Scarlet Witch couldn't find her red body suit and had to borrow something from the White Queen for a day.
Anyways, I figured a woman's white tuxedo would be a good place to start (honestly, what's sexier then a woman's tux?).

Blue Spider Classic
qxtb1y.jpg

Artist's Comments
Okay, as stated in my other Blue Spider post [link] , I had an idea for a 'classic' version of this character in an Amalgam of Spidey's red and blue suit with the Ted Kord Blue Beetle suit. Well, here it is!
Note he is armed with the Blue Beetle strobe gun, but this one can also shoot webbing. The gun can also do Spidey's classic spotlight, but in blue.

Well I think we're off to a pretty good start any takers. did any of those amalgams bother or inspire you? For those who don't remember marvel and dc did a versus then mixed popular characters like batman and wolverine into darkclaw (who let's face it was by far the coolest)

Last edited:
So 19 views no comments....man oh well I guess delete the thread the masses have spoken, er rather not spoken and they aint interested.

I love Devilbat, blue spider, wolf and vein. These are great, I'll try my own.

So 19 views no comments....man oh well I guess delete the thread the masses have spoken, er rather not spoken and they aint interested.

It takes more than one day to get something like this rollin. Give it time.
I'm interested to take part. Some of those designs were pretty good.

It takes more than one day to get something like this rollin. Give it time.
I'm interested to take part. Some of those designs were pretty good.

Cool I take it back I just thought their are some really cool comobos out there. It doesn't have to be only two charcter either it can mix multiple for instance in the original amalgam ther was Blaze Allen a mix of flash, ghost rider, and etrigan!

Speeddemon.jpg

Sweetness!

They are not mine but they're are a ton I could keep posting to generate new ideas but I'd love to see the talent on the hype generate some.

Really nice work. I especially love the Blue Beetle+Spider-Man and Lobo+Wolverine since I had tried to do those in the past.

I have some Amalgam characters, maybe I'll post them here too.

Really nice work. I especially love the Blue Beetle+Spider-Man and Lobo+Wolverine since I had tried to do those in the past.

Do it up Sean. I'd love to get to drawing something, but holiday times are busy. i'll see what I can come up with, though.

Yeah you were one of the people I was thinking of when I made this thread your amalgam are usually pretty cool:up: I thought about moving some over here from the other threads what do you think?

hey guys, first post of a series. Working on a cross between the titans and the x-men.

Here's our first. Cyclops and Nightwing.

nightclopsez9.gif

Thoughts?

yeah, blue spider rocks. this one too...

hey guys, first post of a series. Working on a cross between the titans and the x-men.

Here's our first. Cyclops and Nightwing.

nightclopsez9.gif

Thoughts?

Love the clean, stream-lined design. His left shoulder looks a little out to me, but overall great job. it looks as if it were an animated series design. can't wait to see more in the series!

I love both but probably the black one better. I would just do a straight up big x across if it was me. Titan xmen huh that is a really cool idea can't wait to see more.

That Cyclops/Nightwing guy has a GREAT style. I'd love to see more.

^nice!... pretty successful cross!

yeah, blue spider rocks. this one too...

Love the clean, stream-lined design. His left shoulder looks a little out to me, but overall great job. it looks as if it were an animated series design. can't wait to see more in the series!

Thanks duders. Your support is always of the warm tingly variety.

I love both but probably the black one better. I would just do a straight up big x across if it was me. Titan xmen huh that is a really cool idea can't wait to see more.

Thanks Ramore. I agree with the black one. I just felt that eliminating the blue was a bit counter character when it comes to both Nightwing and Cyke. Though I might darken up the blue to be a dark navy when i end up doing the group shot.

Thanks for the feedback! Glad you liked it.

That Cyclops/Nightwing guy has a GREAT style. I'd love to see more.

Great job Syncos! When are we gonna see more?

Thank you so much. Hopefully you guys will be seeing more very soon. This week is my return back to classes. So it might be a little tough to get side projects done. But i'm currently working on one that I feel blends really well. Actually kinda toying with a bit of backstory too. Christ, i almost feel like artist sean :p

Hey Guys,
Next up we have, an amalgamation of Phoenix and Starfire.
firebirdbc4.gif

The Phoenix is a symbiotic entity that travels from galaxy to galaxy looking for a worthy host. Unfortunately the god like powers are too much for most vessels and they end up dieing. Sensing the strong psychic powers of Jean Grey, the Phoenix comes to earth and posesses her. Unknown at the time, the mind of the previous host Koriand'r is still very much contained within the phoenix entity. Upon absorption, the two host minds merge, and the line at which the consciousness' of Jean and Kori are blurred. Nearly driven insane by the power and mind merging, Jean finally takes control, though unable to disypher her memories from Kori's. She now aids Xavier and his Titans, adapting the code name "Firebird."

I donno. Just tossing around some ideas, i guess.

This kicks so much butt it's incredible we need more:up: Loving the style too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"