The Amazing Spider-Man Amazing Spidey Video Game Thread. - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is. If you go out of bounds or in the water, Spider-Man swings himself back onto the map and lands in that exact same pose with the exact same camera angle. It's pretty cool.
I was talking about the movie of the year thing, but I was also curious about what happens when you go into the water, so thanks for that. :oldrazz:

Did you notice that that picture is hanging on the wall above his computer in a newspaper article that says "movie of the year"?

i didn't get a chance to see that. only thing i spotted was the newspaper article that had a still image from Spider-Man 2 the movie

This is what you get if you play the game in August, on account of Spidey's 50th anniversary.

[YT]9kDykMgP0_Q[/YT]

That's pretty cool, hope there are more little things like that in the game. The wait for this is excruciating. The earliest it looks like I can pick it up is Monday, was hoping the game store would get it today, but no luck.

hmm weird thing from all the videos we've seen I've yet to see swinging through areas where the builds are really tall. Where are the sky scrapers? I remember in SM2, the scale was very impressive because spider-man looked so small compared to the buildings. I'd like to see footage of that where the buildings make spider-man's size insignificant.

Just found Stan Lee's Cameo in the game haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRBA9KqjIOQ

Apparently the game takes 14 hours to complete.... take with that what you will. Dont know if that is story or with side missions. It SHOULD be how long the story is seeing as they had 2 years.

Last edited:
So, who exactly is that charred looking shrieking villain then? Haven't seen ANY word about that.

Woah, man was I wrong. The Wii version is basically the PS3/360 version minus the next gen graphics.

The Wii version looks actually fine, it's the same game without freeroam and HD graphics lol

Oh, and Gwen has to be like 1,4m long, she's tiny in that version xD

The Wii version, funnily enough, actually makes it look like they're at Oscorp after hours....there's barely anyone there and it's dark. The PS3/Xbox versions have them "sneaking" around when theres lots of other scientists around...looks like it's the middle of the business day to me.

Not sure if posted but still quite cool. I know Beenox showed these at a demo at E3.

Lizard.jpg

Oh, damn, apparently, it has been discovered how do you unlock costumes. It's a big twist, I wasn't expecting it. This has been discovered in the Official Strategy Guide of the game.

So, you have to take photos of some spider symbols that are located around the city. The thing is that those logos AREN'T THERE at launch. More logos are going to get available as the weeks advance past the launch day of the game, being introduced in the game by an online update (invisible online update, supposedly).

That's the reason why eveyone who has the game only unlocked the cross-species suit (available after beating the game) and the Kaine's Scarlet Spider suit (this weeks costume). Also available right now is the SM3's Black suit, which is available after beating the 100% of the game.

So, the game needs internet connection at least one a week so you can "download" automatically those new spider symbols, so you can obtain the new suits. If not, you are confined to the two movie suits (belt and sans belt), the cross-species suit and the SM3's Raimi's suit. Forevah.

Of course, this "DLC" will be FREE.

PS: Knowing this, I would have love Arkham City even more if it has this same system instead of paying for the skins.

Last edited:
Also, new suit. Classic 616...

tumblr_m5xqjnXMtQ1rz8bnjo1_500.png

...Negative Zone Spidey :trololol:

The suit is cool, but I would like some more colour for the next ones, Black Suit and Negative Zone ones are similar.

Wasn't Spider-Man 2 Treyarch's first open world game? We should stop making excuses for all the Spidey developers. I'm still looking forward to this game, but it boggles my mind that no one has improved the swinging system since SM2. Heck, Treyarch themselves built that system and dumbed it down to a slower, less fun system in their next two games. Web of Shadows was the only other game to come close to the SM2 system in terms of speed and fun.

There have been way too many Spidey games since SM2 for me to accept waiting another year or two for the swinging system this series deserves. Beenox doesn't get a free pass from me just because this is their first open world game. They do so many other things well, but they need to nail the swinging, or at least come close.
I'm with ya, Glyphs. In fact, no one has even done as good a job, much less improved upon it. In almost every interview, Dee Brown has bragged that they've been working on this game for two years as though that meant it would be the greatest game ever. So why couldn't they give us what we want? I know some of you think I'm a whiny fanboy, but I like realism in games so that I can totally immerse myself into the world.

Also, new suit. Classic 616...

tumblr_m5xqjnXMtQ1rz8bnjo1_500.png

...Negative Zone Spidey :trololol:

Meh, don't like that one to be honest.

My local gamestore says I can pick this up on Monday, so I will give you guys impressions. I know it isn't super early, but hopefully my impressions will help some of you guys on the fence out.

I'm with ya, Glyphs. In fact, no one has even done as good a job, much less improved upon it. In almost every interview, Dee Brown has bragged that they've been working on this game for two years as though that meant it would be the greatest game ever. So why couldn't they give us what we want? I know some of you think I'm a whiny fanboy, but I like realism in games so that I can totally immerse myself into the world.

Don't think you're a whiny fanboy, I understand the expectation. I would rather have a different swinging system too, but the only difference is that if this is enjoyable in any way I won't mind. Yea, I'll be a bit disappointed, but if everything else is good and I enjoy my time with the game I won't think about it much.

^^^ Exactly. To me SM2 set the bar and I've been waiting for a game with as realistic an approach ever since. It's not a show stopper -- I'm counting the hours until I can play this game. I'm just not as ecstatic about it as I could be.

Negative Zone suit? Really? I'd rather use Raimi's black suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"