• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Amazing Spider-Man Amazing Spidey Video Game Thread. - - - - - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
My excitement for the game went up, now I have to punch myself and stay worried
I was excited for Web of Shadows and BAA for a while, the first is still disappointing but has its moments, the second at least I see as fun excellent game, but I was disappointed for a while
I was excited to play the first Assassin's Creed game as well, major let down
So yeah, I will get disappointed about this title for a while if I stayed excited for it, I need to tone it down

I think I found a Ghost easter egg, the guy from MW and MW2. The Mercenaries bio in the game shows them wearing Ghost's face mask :p

I was excited for Web of Shadows and BAA for a while, the first is still disappointing but has its moments, the second at least I see as fun excellent game, but I was disappointed for a while
So yeah, I will get disappointed about this title for a while if I stayed excited for it, I need to tone it down
assassins creed wasnt a letdown for me i really liked it and the 2 nd one was even better i hope AC3>AC2

assassins creed wasnt a letdown for me i really liked it and the 2 nd one was even better i hope AC3>AC2
Heard lot of praise for the first game, thought it might be interesting and very good, faced a laundry list of problems in that highly praised game

It's funnier when a game released that year people say has a laundry list of problems actually has far less problems than the praised game, and a lot in it was demanded by people before TASM release, but when I bring that up I get brushed off

Talk about selective complaining

AC1 was painfully repetitive. I've actually never beaten it. The constant freezing didn't help either. There is a good game buried within it's problems, but I never felt like digging to find it. That being said, they redeemed themselves with the marvelous AC2.

I'm finding the more I play ASM, the more I appreciate it. Sure, there are the typical activision/beenox aesthetics that I don't like (they need better artists/modelers, good god are the character models/designs bad, though Spidey is pretty good) and while nothing is really "polished" in the game like AAA titles, this stands its ground as a good AA title, I think.

I went into the game expecting yet another movie game - a slave to it's tie-in and plagued with the usual limitations of rushed deadlines. I think if you go into it expecting a usual movie game, you'll be very happy with the game, because it rises above those cliche trappings. The story is actually pretty good, and navigation is excellent (minus a few missed opportunities).

The only way you'll be disappointed (i think) is if you go into it expecting Arkham City. Its not that polished of a game, but its a good game nonetheless.

Nope. I have everything upgraded 100%. It is just one blank spot I need.

I think I unlocked that skill by doing a bunch of petty crimes, but can't remember to well. I would say just keep doing the side quests and see what happens.

Check around Oscorp tower, the last one I needed was there and was a flying page that I couldn't see on my map till I was pretty high up the tower.

My stats say that I got all the flying pages.Thanks though.

That happened to me so I decided to get all the infected and it was right next to one
I did the same thing. Some of them popped up when I saved a few of them but once i saved all of them, I still had one left and I can't find that last dot anywhere.

I think I unlocked that skill by doing a bunch of petty crimes, but can't remember to well. I would say just keep doing the side quests and see what happens.

I'm basically done with petty crimes, need one more. Done with car chases, civilians, mental patients...nothing. How are you on the magazines in the levels? I have only a couple in each. Could that have anything to do with it?

And I mean the magazines, not comic pages.

AC1 was painfully repetitive. I've actually never beaten it. The constant freezing didn't help either. There is a good game buried within it's problems, but I never felt like digging to find it. That being said, they redeemed themselves with the marvelous AC2.
LOL, AC2 felt about as repetitive as the first, the way it's polished gave something highly respectable and awesome
Agreed about the first one having a good game deep inside, though I finished that one once

I'm finding the more I play ASM, the more I appreciate it. Sure, there are the typical activision/beenox aesthetics that I don't like (they need better artists/modelers, good god are the character models/designs bad, though Spidey is pretty good) and while nothing is really "polished" in the game like AAA titles, this stands its ground as a good AA title, I think.
At least it's pleasant to know

I went into the game expecting yet another movie game - a slave to it's tie-in and plagued with the usual limitations of rushed deadlines. I think if you go into it expecting a usual movie game, you'll be very happy with the game, because it rises above those cliche trappings. The story is actually pretty good, and navigation is excellent (minus a few missed opportunities).
At least that's comforting, I'll try not to raise my hopes beyond "it's better than Web of Shadows", and how I hate that game

The only way you'll be disappointed (i think) is if you go into it expecting Arkham City. Its not that polished of a game, but its a good game nonetheless.
Definitely not expecting that high a quality, expect SM3 taking a few lessons from Arkham City, not much more

I am loving this game, but I just ran into a snag. I'm doing the photo mission of Felicia Hardy's robbery but I can't find the note she left for me. Any help?

Nvm.. Just found it lol

Before I play it, did they do something about the combat making it possible to hit one before Spider-Man and countering one from behind or beside in one single blow? Like Spidey tossing the one in front of him one the other guy him? Or jump kick and punch two with one blow?

Before I play it, did they do something about the combat making it possible to hit one before Spider-Man and countering one from behind or beside in one single blow? Like Spidey tossing the one in front of him one the other guy him? Or jump kick and punch two with one blow?

Reading this and playing it in my head hurt my brain

Alright, no bs. Is this game seriously worth buying? because the spidey games by and large for the last 10 years have been poor. SM2's saving grace was the open city swinging system and that's about it. I don't want to shell out cash for a poor product at a premium. How's the voice acting, story, villains, swinging etc?

Alright, no bs. Is this game seriously worth buying? because the spidey games by and large for the last 10 years have been poor. SM2's saving grace was the open city swinging system and that's about it. I don't want to shell out cash for a poor product at a premium. How's the voice acting, story, villains, swinging etc?
Welcome Harv (imagined saying it in Conroy's Batman voice)

Like I said to someone else before, wait for the price to drop, hopefully you might find a full release in disc, there's always the possibility someone likes it less than others
Most who played it say it's gold for a movie licensed game

Does anyone know where to photograph the S-01 robot? It's the only enemy I have left to photograph and I cannot find it. Whintney's email says it's in the Oscorp Robotic Lab, but no matter how many times I go through that level, I don't see it.

I'm basically done with petty crimes, need one more. Done with car chases, civilians, mental patients...nothing. How are you on the magazines in the levels? I have only a couple in each. Could that have anything to do with it?

Finished the game 100% so I don't know when I got that skill, thought it was through petty crimes. Guess your game is glitched man.

Just got 100%. Was easier than I expected.

Also, I just noticed, the size of the city is completely wrong. It's too small; The north and south ends of the island are almost non-existent. Has no one else noticed?

im in 90% but i got 500 pages and i just need the evindence and photos of villans

both, its nearly impossible for me to pinpoint where i wanna jump to and actually jump there, and not overshoot it or undershoot it..

This game gets better the more you know how to play it. I've gotten good enough at the jumping to get from streetlight to streetlight without using web rush. The key is positioning him roughly above the mark and letting him fall, the game actually automatically shifts you midair to land on perch points but it can be hard to notice. It works best when you place the streetlight (or other target) in the centre of the screen as you're falling.

Webrush is essential to this game and it utilizes the perch points and automatic balancing. I hope they don't remove it from any future titles, specifically the way the camera instantly redirects to the side as you hit a surface. It could be improved but it's the best idea in a Spider-man game since SM2's webswinging.
Speaking of the swinging (outdoors), I've learned to enjoy it (mostly by using it only when in appropriate positions) but considering how easy the webrush makes it for you to get around, it's even more reason to include realistic anchored swinging. It would no longer be any kind of limitation to your movement or accuracy. Maybe you introduce an autopilot so that you still have the luxury of thoughtless swinging, based slightly on the webrush auto pilot. I also found myself flying too high on occasion and waiting too long to fall back down.

Another idea that I haven't heard mentioned would be to make better use of the roll/dodge button. While on the ground I would like to do some short ranged handsprings or cartwheels (maybe by tapping it twice) instead of always using the roll animation. This would really jazz up Spidey's movement on the ground.

Last edited:
So, does collecting all pages count in how much you completed from the game?

Trying to save Whitney Chang from the guards shooting her in chapter 3 on superhero mode was so hard! Couldn't do it so I had to do it on hero mode :(

That mission pissed me off too. I eventually finished it but it was a pain in the ass on Superhero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"