• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Amazing Spider-Man Amazing Spidey Video Game Thread. - - - - - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's one of my complaints. The city is too small and the streets are not that accurate. I should be able to spot Times Square from the ESB but, for the life of me, could not find it from up high.

I can't even find that building, where is it? lol

Really liking this game so far. My only complaints would be the combat and the wall crawling. The counter with the combat can be a bit iffy at times and the crawling animation is atrocious. Other than that this is a pretty decent game !

glad i'm not the only one who feels that way. That animation is so bad I usually have to move the camera around when i'm on the ceiling so i don't have to look at it.

Does anyone feel echoes of Spider-Man the PS1 game in this ? I haven't played that game for ages but for some apparent reason the ventilation shafts remind me of it and the use of wall crawling. Also the swinging indoors really reminds me of it as well, which is a good thing !

Last edited:
Does anyone feels echoes of Spider-Man the PS1 game in this ? I haven't played that game for ages but for some apparent reason the ventilation shafts remind me of it and the use of wall crawling. Also the swinging indoors really reminds me of it as well, which is a good thing !
Yeah, it does remind me of the Spidey PS1 game a little. Strange.

Right across from the apartment, it's really odd because you can't see the top spire on the ESB even from pretty close. :/

Thanks, i'll look for it. Is it just me or is the Chrysler building a lot smaller in this game aswell? that irks me a bit, as Spidey can be seen standing on it in every game, movie, and TV show since ever.

The speed button in the middle of your swing?
No. The speed button was available from the beginning of the game. You remember how you could purchase upgrades in the game? In the game, you can purchase several upgrades where you can upgrade the speed of your webswinging.

I was carrying a mental patient (in the game, of course) and he said to me "Now that we're close, Spider-Man, I want to tell you something I've never told anyone else....I'm a virgin."
:funny:

Does anyone feel echoes of Spider-Man the PS1 game in this ? I haven't played that game for ages but for some apparent reason the ventilation shafts remind me of it and the use of wall crawling. Also the swinging indoors really reminds me of it as well, which is a good thing !

I was thinking that the other day, the web-rush seems like an updated web-zip kinda. and the air vents. Those are what remind me of it most. As well as the writing actually.

I have 699 comics and have been swinging around the city for almost 2 hours and I can not for the life of me find the last comic. It will not appear on my mini map. I have all the flying ones so its on the ground or a building somewhere. Anyone have any tips?

I have 699 comics and have been swinging around the city for almost 2 hours and I can not for the life of me find the last comic. It will not appear on my mini map. I have all the flying ones so its on the ground or a building somewhere. Anyone have any tips?
Call it and tell it to meet you at your apartment.

Has anyone bothered to check out The Amazing Spider-Man on iOS? Bought it for my iPad 2 last night and it blew me away. Best iOS game I've ever played. Total free roam NYC. Better swinging and wall-crawling than the console version (imo). 25 missions. Combat upgrades. Black suit (from comics). Web Zip (works like an easier form of Web Rush). Random crimes. Do yourself a favor and check it out. I'm stunned that I'm playing this game on a handheld. It feels like a console Spider-Man game. In fact, 2 years ago I probably would have paid $60 for this.

Has anyone bothered to check out The Amazing Spider-Man on iOS? Bought it for my iPad 2 last night and it blew me away. Best iOS game I've ever played. Total free roam NYC. Better swinging and wall-crawling than the console version (imo). 25 missions. Combat upgrades. Black suit (from comics). Web Zip (works like an easier form of Web Rush). Random crimes. Do yourself a favor and check it out. I'm stunned that I'm playing this game on a handheld. It feels like a console Spider-Man game. In fact, 2 years ago I probably would have paid $60 for this.
If I had anything to play it on I would, looks awesome.

I definitely wouldn't say the iOS version has a better Web-Rush, but then again I'm playing on my iPod, not an iPad so it's smaller. I think swinging is better on the console version. But it's a great game nonetheless.

guys i can´t finde the last PAGE :waa:
EDIT: forget it i found it on the source of all EVIL!

Last edited:
No. The speed button was available from the beginning of the game. You remember how you could purchase upgrades in the game? In the game, you can purchase several upgrades where you can upgrade the speed of your webswinging.

Oh yeah, I remember that. Man, did he go fast once fully upgraded!

Thanks for the welcome and cheers for the heads up. I'll wait for the hoopla to die down as well as the price before buying this and that's if I buy it.
Maybe renting it is a good idea
I'll wait for steam

hahaha.

I'm watching a playthrough of TASM video game and I legitimately laughed when Spidey tells this security "My fault? You tased me bro!".

Just wanted to share that. Freaking awesome little meme reference there.
LOL
Were you not warned about movie spoilers?

Where does that "You tased me bro!" originally come from?

Man, I really enjoy the game so far, but I really wish they wouldn't have used robots. Or at least not the giant ones. It feels just ridiculous to fight these giant weapons of mass destruction. I would have much more preferred Oscorp Strike Teams, Silver Sable and her Wild Pack and Kraven the Hunter, to hunt down these cross-species. These Slayers are just overkill. You need those when freaking Godzilla rampages through the city.

My only beef with the game is that for something that was made over the span of 2 years, it has around a 5 hour campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"