The Amazing Spider-Man Amazing Spidey Video Game Thread. - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will never understand the amount of hate the MTV series gets, it's miles better than USM and still holds up if you want to watch an episode now and then. The only thing that they were limited by was the fact that it was sort of set in the movie's continuity, so they couldn't use better/more major villains, iirc.

I'm glad there's someone else who agrees with me. I loved that show, loved NPH as Spidey, though I did hate the techno/rave theme music. It has some great episodes, (though I didn't like how they turned Dr. Connors into a brooding *******...but him being voiced by Rob Zombie was cool!), and they had some great classic villains included (MCD Kingpin, Lizard, Kraven). It was a cool college take on the Spidey universe and it was fresh. Miles better than the Loeb-infected USM.

I enjoyed the MTV series too, despite hating cell-shaded animation. They did the best they could with the extreme limitations they were dealt. It was definitely the first time i felt anyone really captured Spidey's movements in animated form.

One thing that bothered me is how fast his suit get tattered
s34th.jpg

That happened after a car was tossed at him

From Dee's Twitter:

BTW, we are currently working on putting together gameplay videos (full uncut sequences with narration).That's on top of the E3 trailer.

Speaking of cel-shaded animation...my friend at work reminded me of the USM game last night. I'm considering buying it from the internetz.

Ahh, okay.

So there was blood in that show?

Okay, I may have to watch it on Netflix.

I will never understand the amount of hate the MTV series gets, it's miles better than USM and still holds up if you want to watch an episode now and then. The only thing that they were limited by was the fact that it was sort of set in the movie's continuity, so they couldn't use better/more major villains, iirc.
I'm with you guys. I thought it approached the Spidey mythos from a relatively mature perspective and had the right amount of angst with the on-again/off-again relationship with MJ, not to mention Harry's hatred for the webbed one. Also, they introduced some interesting new characters and villains. Gina Gershon's Shikata rocked!

From Dee's Twitter:
Cool. Cannot wait to see how it all looks and sounds (I hope Garfield does a great job with the voiceover, fat Tobey didn't do really well with SM movie games).

Cool. Cannot wait to see how it all looks and sounds (I hope Garfield does a great job with the voiceover, fat Tobey didn't do really well with SM movie games).

How do we know Garfield is doing the voice work?

We don't know that Garfield's gonna do the VA work yet (although I hope he does).

How do we know Garfield is doing the voice work?

Are you kidding? Only cases of not having the original actor playing the part in a movie tie in is when the actor refuses to perform in a game which does happen a lot, but I just know Andrew would be thrilled to do it

Speaking of cel-shaded animation...my friend at work reminded me of the USM game last night. I'm considering buying it from the internetz.
I've got the GameCube version and it's a good game. The graphics are great and it looks like you're in the comic book. Although, the game copied a lot of stuff from SM2, which isn't a bad thing, but I'm just saying. Also, I was able to get through the game pretty quickly. Well, actually, I got pretty far into the game, but got stuck on the Green Goblin level, and haven't played it since. I may start playing it again sometime. Anyways, if you do get the game, you can get it at a great price, if you buy it used on GameStop's website.

I thought the MTV series was good. I love how it was on mtv so they had more blood, sex, and swearing. Made it more realistic. The fighting was done well and the villians were pretty decent. Electro was a beast and actually murdered someone. No one ever gets murdered in the other shows. ha that probably sounds bad, but it made it seem more like a real life spiderman

Yay! That looks pretty cool. Though, I don't have move. Great find TheWallCrawler.

Still don't like NYC during the daylight. And the way Spidey fights with little robots looks boring as hell (I really think there could've been a way to avoid them after so many Spidey games used the same concept).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"