Ambulance - Michael Bay + Jake Gyllenhaal

I’m not going to lie, I’m actually kind of intrigued by this.

For a Michael Bay film, the premise seems more humane, and the characters aren’t the annoying stereotypes that he usually employs. They definitely seem more likable and feel more real and human. Maybe it’s the actors, maybe he’s actually trying for compelling drama this time around.

The jingoism is still there, though, as well as the firework explosions, the perpetual sunset and the sweaty, saturated cinematography and skin tones. Wouldn’t be a Bay film without those things. :funny:

Of the 3 trailers that dropped today this was my favourite, it looks like a high concept action thriller from the 90's, i think this will be Bay's best movie since The Rock.

HastySnoopyLacewing-max-1mb.gif

Bay showing these mother****ers how it's done.

After the blandness that was that Uncharted trailer, what a nice tonic. It looks good, and there seems to be a core there. But Bay's direction tends to favor the visual so any nuance gets sucked out. But that can be part of the fun! With Bay, it's like a monkey operating heavy machinery. You're most likely going to get a disaster, but it'll be interesting!

Last edited:
This looks really awesome. Definitely gonna check it out.

Held off on the trailer since I assumed they'd show it before Dune tonight and I was correct. Looks intense with your typical Michael Bay stuff mixed in. Very much looking forward to this.

For some strange reason this reminds me of the film Unstoppable.

Trailer showed in front of No Way Home and when the title came up, everyone laughed out loud. Didn’t help the next trailer was for a Channing Tatum movie called “Dog”. They are really getting lazy with these titles

Can't remember the last time that a Michael Bay film looked this good.

Those sweeping shots do look really cool. But Bay’s more obnoxious and overindulgent tendencies are just such a turn off for me. If he could just pull it back for once…

Anyone else thinks this is kinda ripping off Armored? I know it's technically a remake of a foreign movie, but the similarities are very distracting. And Armored wasn't great to begin with.

LOL that poster almost makes it look like it’s a film named IMAX that you can view in Ambulance format.

This looks okay but every time I see it advertised, I can’t help but think that this is what Michael Bay imagines all ambulance rides are like.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"