Pose - Ryan Murphy sets '80s series at FX

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
Ryan Murphy Sets His Next TV Series: 1980s New York Drama ‘Pose’ At FX
Written by Murphy, frequent collaborator Brad Falchuk (AHS, ACS, Glee) and Steven Canals, an up-and-coming writer discovered by Murphy, Pose has gotten the go-ahead from FX for an October production start in New York, with Murphy directing the first episode as he does on all of his series.

Set in 1986, Pose examines the juxtaposition of several segments of life and society in New York City: the emergence of the luxury Trump-era universe, the downtown social and literary scene and the ball culture world.

Murphy has begun casting for the show, which is expected to feature largely new and unknown performers.

Tatiana Maslany, James Van Der Beek, Kate Mara & Evan Peters To Star In Ryan Murphy’s 1980s FX Drama Series

Ryan Murphy has recruited Emmy winner Tatiana Maslany (Orphan Black), James Van Der Beek (What Would Diplo Do?), House of Cards alumna Kate Mara and American Horror Story regular Evan Peters for his latest FX series, drama Pose.

The established quartet will join five transgender actors — the largest transgender series regular cast ever for a scripted series — MJ Rodriguez, Indya Moore, Dominique Jackson, Hailie Sahar, and Angelica Ross, as well as Ryan Jamaal Swain, Tony winner Billy Porter and Dyllon Burnside, who also have been previously cast in the project.

Set in the 1980s, Pose looks at the juxtaposition of several segments of life and society in New York: the rise of the luxury Trump-era universe, the downtown social and literary scene and the ball culture world.

Gosh the '80s have suddenly come roaring back into fashion haven't they?

Anyway this sounds awesome! I can't wait!

I'll watch anything with Even Peters in it. :)

I'll watch anything with Tatiana Maslany in it... :ilv:

Damnit Tatiana. Not a Murphy show...

Oh relax. She'll get good material for at least a season, and then he can kill her off. :o

The 80s was the most awesome of all decades. 1990-1999 can **** off.

The '80s are so hot right now.

But in ten years everyone will be doing the '90s

What's happening in real life now is so awful it makes us feel better to look back, lol. :p

Tatiana is no longer attached to the show.

Ryan Murphy's 'Pose,' With History-Making LGBTQ Cast, Ordered to Series at FX

As the network is creating buzz around the Versace-themed second season of American Crime Story ahead of its Jan. 17 debut, the John Landgraf-led outlet has handed out an eight-episode series order to yet another drama from Murphy. The series will debut in summer 2018 and will begin production in February in New York. Emmy winner Tatiana Maslany (Orphan Black) is no longer attached; she was poised to star as a modern dance teacher. The role has been recast as the part was reimagined as a 50-year-old African-American woman during production on the pilot. Charlayne Woodard (The Leftovers, ER) will take over the part.

[YT]wMPhQolhN0M[/YT]

It's insane how many series Murphy has.

He's basically outdone Dick Wolf.

I'm quite sick of 80's shows/pop culture but that cast though...

God I am gagging for this. She looks so cool. She would make an amazing storm

It was decent. Ill be finishing out the season.

Binge watched the first three episodes and I'm obsessed.

Nice to get into a bit of Pray Tell's history here. He's probably the standout of the show for me, if just for his energy, but he has some great, quieter moments as well, like in the hospital.

Also, I'm really liking James Van Der Beek in his role and am curious to see if him and Evan Peters' characters will no doubt butt heads some more. Beek just has this air of confidence to him.

I like the show but the dancer guy needs to go. The storyline just isnt that enticing.

I'm kind of pulling for Stan and Angel, even though his marriage and the time period have me guessing it'll end badly.

Yeah I think Angel will end up dead from all of this.

I've actually thought it might be Stan that dies if their relationship is found out. Like the story that inspired that Soldier's Girl movie.

Pray Tell's "I do so everyday. With GLEE, b****!" response to being told to **** his microphone was gold.

This last episode was very PSA'y but I really enjoyed it apart from Angel going off on Stan and dancer boy making it to the big dance.

The Glee quote was A+

Elektras storyline was nice and her scene with Chris Meloni
giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"