Analyst expects Xbox 360 to win console wars!

boywonder13

Sidekick
Reaction score
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/746/746194p1.html

Microsoft to Dominate Through 2011?
One analyst believes Xbox 360 will reign supreme.
by Hilary Goldstein

November 15, 2006 - Yoshiyuki Kino****a, a research analyst for Merrill Lynch's Japan branch, believes the Xbox 360 will rule the console roost for the next five years. A report in the International Business Times holds some surprising predictions for the future of the three next-gen consoles.

"The winner in the next-generation console battle is likely to be the Xbox 360, which is the leader in North America, the world's biggest market," said Kino****a.

Merrill Lynch forecasts that in 2011, the 360 will hold a 39% share of the international market, with PS3 at 34% and the Wii trailing with a respectable 27%. This would make for a stark turn as the PS2 has enjoyed a 69% share of the worldwide market.

Microsoft's weak spot remains Japan. According to the report, Sony will continue to own the land of the rising sun with a 57% market share, while Wii follows with a 39% share. No share numbers for the Xbox 360 were offered, which seems about right for Microsoft's future in Japan.

As for North America, which has grown to become the most significant territory for console and software sales, Merrill Lynch predicts Microsoft will have a profound lead by 2011. The firm reports Microsoft will have hold of 50% of the North America market while Sony is expected to have just a 27% share. Nintendo follows closely behind with a 23% hold in North America.

No numbers were provided for Europe, but it is believed the fight between Sony and Microsoft will be fierce. With the delay of the PS3 until at least March in Europe, the door is open for Microsoft to lay claim as the next-gen leader.

I dont doubt that for a second. Microsoft truly knows what they are doing. Sony appears to have slipped into the tenth level of hell and Nintendo is releasing one of the most gimmicky consoles of all time(imo). I have no doubt that Microsoft comes out on top.

Yeah, I agree. With Sony reporting an almost 90% drop from the quarter last year, they may be in trouble. The PS3 is having the same issues that Sony dogged MS for. (backwards compatibility not working right for example) If the Zune and downloadable shows and movies both do well, it's simply going to be another reason to get a 360. Microsoft's looking good right now.

They still have the HUGE following that SONY have to compeate with. Sure its going to be tough for them to start with but in the long run PS3 gould gain serious momentum.

For now though, MICROSOFT is doing most things well... (I.E for the 360 thanks :( Oh, and a bigger HDD too).

i kinda agree. but for some reason i think the ps3 is going to gain momentum just like mentok said. its only a matter of time.

I want to get a 360 but the reliability issues....Supposedly theres an updated version out Q1 of 07 though - with the bugs out...anyone heard?

The reliability issues mostly exist on the internet. I have a launch 360 that has been through countless hours without even one problem. The only freezes that have occured have been game-related, not hardware related.

As for this article, I'd like to see it happen, I think MS deserves it, but it won't. The playstation brand name is still just too strong, despite the fact that Sony has been on a crusade to destroy it.

Tetragrammaton said:
The reliability issues mostly exist on the internet. I have a launch 360 that has been through countless hours without even one problem. The only freezes that have occured have been game-related, not hardware related.

As for this article, I'd like to see it happen, I think MS deserves it, but it won't. The playstation brand name is still just too strong, despite the fact that Sony has been on a crusade to destroy it.

Hahaha!

i think its safe to say nintendo will find itself in third place..again.

IMO the only difference we'll see this gen is the massive sales lead that PS2 had over the Xbox in North America and the GC in Japan shrinks a lot.

I think that the PS3 might edge out the 360 only by a little but the MS taking over next gen. If we're going quality wise, 360 should be winning this console war no problem. The only thing that going to help the PS3 win this gen is it's name.

That being said, I really hope the 360 beats the PS3 because the 360 just pwnz.

WeeZiTe said:
That being said, I really hope the 360 beats the PS3 because the 360 just pwnz.

I soooo agree. All i know is that i own a 360 and loove it, so therefor I WIN!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"