Animaniacs reboot in development

I mean I don't know this could have just as easily felt like watching new Simpsons. Where something feels really off about the characters and humor a lot, and Al Jean has been back for years, and absolute comedic geniuses old guard and new have worked on it. Why is The Simpsons boomerrific and this somehow feels in step, yet classic?

It can't be just the time away from it, can it?

I mean that part where they dropped an anvil on Tucker Carlson's head was kind of on the nose but it's in tune with what they usually do.

I mean that part where they dropped an anvil on Tucker Carlson's head was kind of on the nose but it's in tune with what they usually do.
I can see that but I liked it.

I loved Starbox and Cindy.

Math-erpiece Theater is a great bit I hope they do more of.

Starbox and Cindy felt kind of like when they did ‘Mindy and the Brain’ with a slightly different character dynamic, in a good way. There’s potential, and I liked that it sounded like they stuck a microphone in front of an actual toddler and let them talk.

I’m on episode 5 but two things shocked me: the showing of pubic hair with that muscled up character in that episode where the Warners are Greek gods and Brain saying he’ll make this woman’s life a living hell.

Kids WB would never lol

I do kind of hope kids do like this. I mean I would have but then my parents trusted me with most things because they knew I wouldn't make a fool of myself at school.

So not everyone is like that I get it.

I would hope parents would be cool with the politics.

Some of the gross body humor caught me off guard. The original series had its gross moments, but usually Wakko belching or some bathroom references. Never actual vomiting that I can recall. They actually show poop on screen, but then Dot “cutiefies” it into the emoji. I have age 10 and under nieces who play with poop emoji toys, so I can kind of justify that in my head. But it borders more on Ren and Stimpy style humor.

The Cutening was excellent commentary on how the majority of everything is cute now, in an otherwise fantastic era for cartoons where most are good.

I don't think it was necessary to go this direction with Ben 10, Thundercats, or Justice League Action but then Justice League Action is of very good quality overall and was going for Spectacular Spider-Man with the art style.

I'm aware as a guy I might be falling in the trap of "it's too feminine!" or whatever but as I adore so much of this material, art and all, I think I can be forgiven for saying maybe everything doesn't have to go for this so much.

Last edited:
I love how in the new Pinky and the Brain intro they FINALLY tell us which one is the genius and which one is insane.

Case closed in that department. Lol.

Yeah, wasn’t the idea that they were already “out of time” in the 90s because they were from the 30s era of cartoons and locked away?

I'm getting around to watching the new episodes and I gotta admit, I never realized I actually missed Animaniacs until now.

Yeah, wasn’t the idea that they were already “out of time” in the 90s because they were from the 30s era of cartoons and locked away?

Yep, and they address being gone just as they did in the original. They'll always get "caught" which keeps them timeless. 20 years from now they can be dusted off again.

I finished it and I need more. I hope we get more of that Incredible Gnome in People’s Mouth skit in the next season. I cracked up at that one.

One question, after seeing the intro: the Animaniacs still escape the WB-tower ( do they call themselves still Warner Brothers & Sister?)
I thought this series was developed for Hulu, which somehow belongs to Disney.
Isn’t this a problem for Disney using so much of WB here?

One question, after seeing the intro: the Animaniacs still escape the WB-tower ( do they call themselves still Warner Brothers & Sister?)
I thought this series was developed for Hulu, which somehow belongs to Disney.
Isn’t this a problem for Disney using so much of WB here?
Now that you mention it, it's a bit strange that this went to Hulu and not HBO Max since it's still produced by Warner Animation. I suspect that the Hulu deal was signed before the plans for HBO Max were finalized since this has been in the making for over three years. They even break the fourth wall and mention that these new episodes were written two years ago.

Wow didn't expect this. The Depp and Amber heard controversy finds its way into Animaniacs of all places.

#BoycottWarnerBros: Animaniacs Johnny Depp Controversy Explained

FgjSXKw.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"