Animaniacs reboot in development

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by Kaleb, May 30, 2017.

1. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

Animaniacs are still owned by WB. When it comes to Hulu, Disney is a majority share holder while WB still has a share in the company to my knowledge.

Streaming services are like networks back in the old days where they would still option shows from other networks and stream it regardless. So they are likely paying WB for the rights to do a Animanics series.

2. Kane52630 Timmverse User

Funny because that joke was in reference to that "Johny Johny Yes Papa" nursery rhyme from a couple years ago.

Also these people aren't gonna boycott sh**. lol

3. Wheels Groovy

Great idea.

I can't convince you though. If It didn't work for you then it didn't work for you.

4. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

So apparently a Pinky/Brain skit that listed a phone number accidentally linked to a sex phone line. The episode has been edited since.

Shinobi Shaw and Lily Adler like this.
  5. terry78 We are the Flintstone Kids

"Accidentally", lol.

Lily Adler likes this.
  6. Wheels Groovy

Seeing as all the politics lined up with me mostly, and I don't like Seth Meyers maybe it's why I didn't raise objection to much.

Even the Russia stuff was funny.

Lily Adler likes this.
  7. Lily Adler Politically Delicious (P)

It's obvious Rob's voice has suffered some damage from the cancer. Yakko's voice has a prominent lisp I don't think he had before or have I never noticed it before?

Also for those who liked the trailer music:

8. Lily Adler Politically Delicious (P)

They did a good job recording Cindy's lines. I imagine they got a producer's kid to record them on a phone or something.

9. GREEN =w= DAY Registered

Just watched the first two episodes so far and good to see they haven’t missed a beat

Just as funny now as it was back in the 90s

The part with the Warner’s as Greek gods & Odysseus and Brain coming up with a mind control viral video are hilarious

Wheels likes this.
  10. Teelie Jokerface

The only real disappointment with this season was pretty much it was all the Warner Bros. and Dot, then just Pinky and the Brain, almost all the other supporting cast from the first series were absent bar very brief cameos early on. Hopefully a season 2 brings in more of them for their own little mini episodes.

GREEN =w= DAY and Drizzle like this.
  11. terry78 We are the Flintstone Kids

I feel like they could have brought back Slappy and had Sherri Stoner still voice her, but don't know if she was more of a product of the 90s with her don't give a **** attitude.

12. Drizzle There's no knowing where we're rowing

I especially missed the Goodpigeons and Slappy, as well as “Good Idea, Bad Idea”. I understand why they brought back Pinky and the Brain since they were insanely popular, but here’s an unpopular opinion: I’ve never much cared for them. *dodges tomatoes*

13. DarkKnight88 Registered

As someone who hasn’t revisited Animaniacs since his childhood, I have to disagree and say all those characters have no memorable memory in my mind other than Pinky and the Brain. I HATED Rita and the dog as a kid, and would skip those segments. Good idea, bad idea is still genius. But yeah, most of those characters don’t hold up outside of the ones they kept IMO.

14. Teelie Jokerface

"Good idea, bad idea" is probably the one I miss most. Slappy wasn't terrible, the Goodfeathers were so-so and most of the others were okay. As much as Pinky and the Brain are IMO the best thing to come from Animaniacs, they were relied on too heavily this season.

15. cabel Registered

I liked Goodfeathers but understand how that bit would be dated now. I liked Rita and Runt mostly for the songs. The Hippos were the worse for me.

16. Shinobi Shaw Hellfire Club's Black King

Slappy is a timeless cartoon skit, y'all bugging. Age up Skippy a little, let Sherri Stoner write and doing her thing and she could pop madd sh** about pop culture again. Rita and Runt could still work, so could Goodfeathers.

Wheels likes this.
  17. Dr. Evil Registered

Have they updated Nations of the World and Presidents Song?

18. cabel Registered

Rob’s performed an updated Nations song at conventions but not in the show

they kind of update the presidents with the catch up song in the first episode