‘Tiny Toons Adventures Reboot Coming!

The fact that Buster and Babs are twins now is ridiculous. They are presenting this as a continuation of the original, yet one of the running jokes was "Buster and Babs Bunny, no relation." They lived in separate homes. In fact, Babs had a ton of siblings, none of which were Buster.

I don't understand this at all.

I don't like the new voices. Hamton wasn't a country bumpkin. Not a huge fan of the new Plucky.

The fact that Buster and Babs are twins now is ridiculous. They are presenting this as a continuation of the original, yet one of the running jokes was "Buster and Babs Bunny, no relation." They lived in separate homes. In fact, Babs had a ton of siblings, none of which were Buster.

I don't understand this at all.

I don't like the new voices. Hamton wasn't a country bumpkin. Not a huge fan of the new Plucky.

Not asking back Tom Ruegger was a weird choice.

Erin Gibson being the showrunner was also an interesting choice as i think this is her first time doing so? Or at least on a big as franchise like this. I did like her on Throwing Shade.

Erin Gibson provied an explanation behind the choice to make Buster and Babs related, saying, "They’re fraternal twins, which was not an original plot point. I wanted to dive into a brother/sister relationship that looked really symbiotic and collaborative and supportive, not antagonistic. Seeing two people who are really on the same page, and then how do people who are so close make new friends? You know, find out who they are by these new relationships, these new college experiences, while still having fun and doing the dumbest stuff you'll ever see on TV, but having story and plot points and character development." Nate Cash added, "And they look up to the faculty, they're established Tunes who are like their gods, but then they're like, 'Who am I?' and 'What’s my voice?' which is a cool place to develop them as their own characters and not just mini versions of their counterparts."

Not asking back Tom Ruegger was a weird choice.

Ruegger isn't working on Animaniacs either, which makes me sad as well. However, at the very least Animaniacs brought back most of the original voice talent for the Warners, Pinky, and the Brain. So Rob Paulsen as Yakko/Pinky, Jess Harnell as Wakko, Tress MacNeille as Dot, and Maurice LaMarche as the Brain.

Different studio, but almost everyone is back on Futurama as well, save for Amy's father, who is now voiced by an Asian actor.

But yeah, very much less on board with this with trying to push the whole brother and sister angle with Babs and Buster, WHO DATED EACH OTHER in the original series. Not to mention they kissed more than once.

Also, the reasoning I read for making them siblings is weird and makes no sense to me.

Porky's new voice sounds just lazy and unimaginative to me. Just sounds like they gave him that weird Southern drawl because he's a pig. In the original, I recall Porky being a bit naive yet also very intelligent. Also, when he hits his breaking point, it's hilarious.

Ruegger isn't working on Animaniacs either, which makes me sad as well. However, at the very least Animaniacs brought back most of the original voice talent for the Warners, Pinky, and the Brain. So Rob Paulsen as Yakko/Pinky, Jess Harnell as Wakko, Tress MacNeille as Dot, and Maurice LaMarche as the Brain.

Different studio, but almost everyone is back on Futurama as well, save for Amy's father, who is now voiced by an Asian actor.

But yeah, very much less on board with this with trying to push the whole brother and sister angle with Babs and Buster, WHO DATED EACH OTHER in the original series. Not to mention they kissed more than once.

Also, the reasoning I read for making them siblings is weird and makes no sense to me.

Porky's new voice sounds just lazy and unimaginative to me. Just sounds like they gave him that weird Southern drawl because he's a pig. In the original, I recall Porky being a bit naive yet also very intelligent. Also, when he hits his breaking point, it's hilarious.
He was supposed to be the straight man to Plucky.

Watched the first 2 episodes. They were ok, kind of generic.

Go figure the OG isnt streaming anywhere.

Watched the first 2 episodes. They were ok, kind of generic.

Go figure the OG isnt streaming anywhere.
Did not know this and now I'm sad. I wonder who has the rights for the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"