Ann Coulter and George Carlin Are Guests on The Tonight Show Tonight!!!

photojones2 said:
as misspelled and grammatically incorrect as that was, i agree.

Hey, a little leeway please I'm not a native speaker! :mad:

photojones2 said:
asking if a given religion is true is about as dumb as question as one could ask.

there's no way to prove anything. end of discussion.

And how did you come to your conclusion?

a tolerant person would be mindful of that.

Oh...I'm tolerant in that I accept the fact that people have different beliefs. I let them live their lives and I live mine. However, I don't view all beliefs and practices as equal. I cannot logically believe that marriage is made for a man and woman only and then also believe in Homosexual unions. But if people want to believe that, they are fee to do so.

JLBats said:
I don't get it, are you suggesting that politically we should choose which religion is right?:confused:

I question is very clear. You can answer or not answer.

celldog said:
Oh...I'm tolerant in that I accept the fact that people have different beliefs. I let them live their lives and I live mine. However, I don't view all beliefs and practices as equal. I cannot logically believe that marriage is made for a man and woman only and then also believe in Homosexual unions. But if people want to believe that, they are fee to do so.

...What does this have to do with anything? No one is saying that they hold two things that are contradictory as equally true:confused:

Emrys said:
The show proof that your religion is true, irrevutable, empirical proof otherwise you are no better or worse than any other believe system out there.

As long as you cannot proof without a shred of doubt that your religion is true you have to accept that you're as true or untrue as every other one. Therefore, yes they are all true in the sense that they aid their believers and they are all untrue because they cannot withstand a thorough empirical examination.

Noted scholars have set out to prove the Bible a fantasy and ended up converting. Sir William Ramsey for one...

I know that you think christians killed your family. But if they did, Christianity does not rise and fall on sinful men but upon Jesus Christ. I am indeed sorry for your loss. But just because someone wears a cross and carries a Bible, doesn't mean that they have a relationship with Christ. I hope that bitterness will not keep you from one day knowing His peace in your heart.

JLBats said:
...What does this have to do with anything? No one is saying that they hold two things that are contradictory as equally true:confused:

that's what modern-day tolerance requires.

celldog said:
that's what modern-day tolerance requires.

Er, no, it doesn't. It requires holding people as equal, yes, and RESPECTING ideas and opinions. However, what you think is the best is your own business. Just so long as you allow other people to make the same decision for themselves, and respect those decisions.

JLBats said:
Er, no, it doesn't. It requires holding people as equal, yes, and RESPECTING ideas and opinions. However, what you think is the best is your own business. Just so long as you allow other people to make the same decision for themselves, and respect those decisions.

exactly. while you may believe that your religious views are the truth, and hold them higher than you would another's, it's when you start holding yourself higher than other people, that intolerance arrises.

celldog said:
Oh really? Where did I say that? You people still (after all of your ranting ) did not respond to the elements in my post concerning tolerance. All you've done is hurl snide attacks. Answer the question: Can all beliefs be true if they all come to different conclusions??

Marriage is between and Man and woman vs. Same gender marriage

Christians (Salvation is through Christ) vs. Muslims (There is no assurance)

Christians ( Death brings heaven or hell) vs Budhists (re-incarnation)

these views are different. They even oppose one another. Tolerance in the modern-day liberal sense says that all of these should be given the same status as true. Just answer the question are they all true??

Are you black.....because you sure speak with authority on minority issues.

None of those things have any need of being in conflict with each other, other than the absolute 'marriage is between a man and a woman'. Allowing same-sex marriage in no way takes away from marriage between a man and a woman. And with the religions, as long as people don't go trying to convert everyone else, or otherwise shove their own beliefs down everyone's throats, there's no problem either.

Btw, back on the topic of Ann Coulter, here's some fun info about her new book.

Omgogmogogmogmogmogmgomg Theyre Gonna Argue!!!! How Exciting!!!

thank god i blow **** up for a living. people arguging isnt exciting.

Fred_Fury said:

holy ****, it's back!

Someone kill this bastard, before it spreads and kill us all!!!:(:(:(:(

ohnoes-16012.jpg

so...uh..what happened on the show? i don't want to skim through this mess...

bored said:
Btw, back on the topic of Ann Coulter, here's some fun info about her new book.

yup, she does stuff like this all the time in her books. she's an extremely lazy author, if not a plagarist and compulsive liar.

Man-Thing said:
or maybe he was afraid of getting his butt handed to him?
...are you kidding? All Coulter's ever had to say is that liberals are godless terrorists. She's never made anything close to a clever or even witty poke/jab at liberals; I'd really, really like to see Coulter hand anybody's butt back to them. Hasn't happened yet.

ann coulter is a smelly pirate hooker. you heard it here first.

here are some of Coulter's past comments:

"[Clinton] *********es in the sinks."---Rivera Live 8/2/99

"God gave us the earth. We have dominion over the plants, the animals, the trees. God said, 'Earth is yours. Take it. Rape it. It's yours.'"---Hannity & Colmes, 6/20/01

The "backbone of the Democratic Party" is a "typical fat, implacable welfare recipient"---syndicated column 10/29/99

To a disabled Vietnam vet: "People like you caused us to lose that war."---MSNBC

"Women like Pamela Harriman and Patricia Duff are basically Anna Nicole Smith from the waist down. Let's just call it for what it is. They're ****es."---Salon.com 11/16/00

Juan Gonzales is "Cuba's answer to Joey Buttafuoco," a "miscreant," "sperm-donor," and a "poor man's Hugh Hefner."---Rivera Live 5/1/00

On Princess Diana's death: "Her children knew she's sleeping with all these men. That just seems to me, it's the definition of 'not a good mother.' ... Is everyone just saying here that it's okay to ostentatiously have premarital sex in front of your children?"..."[Diana is] an ordinary and pathetic and confessional - I've never had bulimia! I've never had an affair! I've never had a divorce! So I don't think she's better than I am."---MSNBC 9/12/97

"I think there should be a literacy test and a poll tax for people to vote."---Hannity & Colmes, 8/17/99

"I think [women] should be armed but should not [be allowed to] vote."---Politically Incorrect, 2/26/01

"If you don't hate Clinton and the people who labored to keep him in office, you don't love your country."---George, 7/99

"It's enough [to be impeached] for the president to be a pervert."---The Case Against Bill Clinton, Coulter's 1998 book.

"Clinton is in love with the erect penis."---This Evening with Judith Regan, Fox News Channel 2/6/00

"I think we had enough laws about the turn-of-the-century. We don't need any more." Asked how far back would she go to repeal laws, she replied, "Well, before the New Deal...[The Emancipation Proclamation] would be a good start."---Politically Incorrect 5/7/97

"If they have the one innocent person who has ever to be put to death this century out of over 7,000, you probably will get a good movie deal out of it."---MSNBC 7/27/97

"If those kids had been carrying guns they would have gunned down this one [child] gunman. ... Don't pray. Learn to use guns."---Politically Incorrect, 12/18/97

"I have to say I'm all for public flogging. One type of criminal that a public humiliation might work particularly well with are the juvenile delinquents, a lot of whom consider it a badge of honor to be sent to juvenile detention. And it might not be such a cool thing in the 'hood to be flogged publicly."---MSNBC 3/22/97

"Originally, I was the only female with long blonde hair. Now, they all have long blonde hair."---CapitolHillBlue.com 6/6/00

"I am emboldened by my looks to say things Republican men wouldn't."---TV Guide 8/97

"Let's say I go out every night, I meet a guy and have sex with him. Good for me. I'm not married."---Rivera Live 6/7/00

"Anorexics never have boyfriends. ... That's one way to know you don't have anorexia, if you have a boyfriend."---Politically Incorrect 7/21/97

"I think [Whitewater]'s going to prevent the First Lady from running for Senate."---Rivera Live 3/12/99

"My track record is pretty good on predictions."---Rivera Live 12/8/98

"The thing I like about Bush is I think he hates liberals."---Washington Post 8/1/00

On Rep. Christopher Shays (d-CT) in deciding whether to run against him as a Libertarian candidate: "I really want to hurt him. I want him to feel pain."---Hartford Courant 6/25/99

"The swing voters---I like to refer to them as the idiot voters because they don't have set philosophical principles. You're either a liberal or you're a conservative if you have an IQ above a toaster. "---Beyond the News, Fox News Channel, 6/4/00

"My libertarian friends are probably getting a little upset now but I think that's because they never appreciate the benefits of local fascism."---MSNBC 2/8/97

"You want to be careful not to become just a blowhard."---Washington Post 10/16/98

---if anyone here actually agrees with this woman on her views...in my views...shouldn't be allowed outside.

and check out her new look:
annhitler.jpg

sinewave said:
ann coulter is a smelly pirate hooker. you heard it here first.

Hey, leave the pirates out of this.

Fred_Fury said:

You missed it, Fred, sorry. But hey, it's always fun having you around.

celldog said:
Noted scholars have set out to prove the Bible a fantasy and ended up converting. Sir William Ramsey for one.

Yeah Yeah, now lets see how many scholars ended up reading the bible and falling from believe. The Bible is as accurate as a historical novel... at least in terms of the old testament. The setting fits, the details are purely made up. The New testament is a completely different horse considering that the only "proof" of Jesus existence lies in a note in a name register.

If that is all the truth you have then it's not enough considering that the same happens to scholar who for example examine the Buddhist faith and end up believing.

The only thing that would make christianity more meaningfull than those religions would be god himself coming down and stating " yes all is true and I intended for it to be this way" as long as he doesn't do it... well you're not more true than any other religion in the world.

Oh and yes, not everyting is true, I hold evolution true while creationism and "intelligent design" is a bunch of horse poo poo.

JLBats said:

What is your definition of "respect"? See, the minute I say that I think a religion is wrong or a life style is wrong, you scream intolerant.

But if I hold to a certain belief system for myself, I cannot accept another that contradicts it. That is not logical. Tolerance is agreeing to disagree...not holding everything up as equal.

Posted By Emrys: Yeah Yeah, now lets see how many scholars ended up reading the bible and falling from believe. The Bible is as accurate as a historical novel... at least in terms of the old testament. The setting fits, the details are purely made up. The New testament is a completely different horse considering that the only "proof" of Jesus existence lies in a note in a name register.

Oh really? That's all????
•

THE FOLLOWING IS A LIST OF SECULAR HISTORIANS AND THEIR WRITINGS CONCERNING CHRIST:

A. JOSEPHUS: A Jewish historian born A. D. 37. He surrendered to the Romans in the Jewish – Roman war [A. D. 66-74]. He turned traitor and defended the Romans. He was a priest and pharisee. His most famous book, “The Antiquities”, was a history of the Jewish people from Creation to his time. In it he refers to James, the brother of Jesus and to Jesus himself. In the book, James is called before the Sanhedrin to be killed. They called him the brother of Jesus, who is called the Christ. In the section called the “Testimonium Flavianum” Josephus writes:

• Jesus was a wise man, if one could call him a man
• He wrought surprising feats and was a teacher of those that accept the truth gladly
• He won over many Jews and many Greeks
• He was the Christ
• Pilate condemned him to be crucified
• Those who first loved him did not give up their affection for him.
• On the third day, he appeared to them restored to life.
• The prophets of God prophesied these and countless other marvelous things about him
• The tribe of Christians named for him have not disappeared

B. TACITUS: A Roman Historian in A. D. 115 who recorded probably the most important reference to Christ outside the New Testament. He recorded:

• Emperor Nero inflicted exquisite tortures on a hated class called Christians, by the populace
• “Christus” for whom these people were named, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of Pontius Pilate
• A mischievous superstition broke out not only in Judea, the source of the evil, but even in Rome
• An immense multitude was put to death because of their belief in this superstition and would not renounce it

C. PLINY THE YOUNGER: A Roman Historian and the son of Pliny (rhymes with “many”) the Elder, a Historian and Naturalist killed in Pompeii in AD 79. He became the Governor of Bithynia in Northwestern Turkey. He wrote letters to his friend Emperor Trajan. The letters contained the following:

• Pliny asks his prisoners if they are Christians. He gives them three chances to say “No”. If they persist in their belief, they are led away to be executed.
• Pliny was convinced that their stubbornness and unshakable tenacity ought not to go unpunished.
• These “Christians” declared that their guilt amounted to no more than this: a. they met regularly before dawn on a fixed day b. they chanted verses among themselves in honor of Christ as if to a god and c. they bind themselves by oath, not for any criminal purpose, but to abstain from theft, robbery and adultery
• These facts made Pliny torture two slave-women whom the others called “deaconesses”. He found nothing but (in his opinion) a degenerate cult carried to extravagant lengths.

Note : This was written about A. D. 111 and proves the rapid spread of Christianity both in the cities and rural areas, among every class of persons, slave women as well as Roman citizens (see Galatians 3:28). It also talks about the worship of Jesus as God, and that Christians maintained high moral standards and not easily swayed from their beliefs. This agrees with the scriptures.

D. THALLUS: A Roman historian who recorded one of the most startling events in world history. He tries to explain a sudden darkness, in the sky, as an eclipse. This darkness was obviously “cosmic” in scope because it was experienced around the world not just in Judea. Other historians agree with Thallus’ eclipse explanation. However, from their descriptions, this seems to be much more than a solar eclipse.

• Tertullian: This phenomenon evidently was visible in Rome, Athens and other Mediterranean cities. He says, “It was a cosmic or world event”.
• Phlegon: A Greek author from Caria writing a chronology soon after A. D. 137, reported that in the fourth year of the 202nd Olympiad (i. e. 33 A. D.) there was the greatest eclipse of the sun and that it became night at the sixth hour of the day (i. e. noon). The darkness was so thick, the stars could be seen in the sky ( see Matt 27:45; Luke 23:44; Mark 15:33). There was also a great earthquake in Bithynia and many things were overturned in Nicea (see Matt 27:51-54).

E. TALMUD: This is a Jewish writing finished in about A. D. 500. It does not paint Jesus in a favorable light. This is no doubt because the Jews rejected him. It calls him a “false Messiah” who practiced magic. It goes on to say:

• He was born of a Roman soldier to Mary, suggesting something strange about his birth and also acknowledging that Joseph was not Jesus’ natural father.
• He was a teacher and had disciples
• That he was a heretic and a deceiver

Note: Even in a “negative” way, the Talmud still confirms or corroborates things about Jesus.

SUMMARY
In short, if we did not have the New Testament or other Christian writings, we would still have a considerable amount of important historical evidence for the life of Jesus. It would add up to be an outline of his life and would go something like this:

• He had an unusual birth * Many believed that he performed healings and exorcisms * He was a Jewish Teacher * Some people believed he was the Messiah * He was rejected by the Jewish leaders * He was crucified under Pontius Pilate in the reign of Tiberius * Despite his shameful death his followers, who believed that he was alive, spread beyond Palestine so that there were multitudes of them in Rome by A. D. 64 * All kinds of people from cities and country side, men and women, slave and free worshipped Him as God. This is the gospel message!!

[B]Note that none of these men were Christians. Now, it one thing when friends corroborate your story. But it's something quite different when your "enemies" agree too. Thus we have much more than even this to show Jesus existed. Not just a name on a register.[/B]

Very few actually do what you claim they did, and all were from nearly two thousand years ago. Btw, there is no mention of Jesus in the Talmud at all.

bored said:
Very few actually do what you claim they did, and all were from nearly two thousand years ago. Btw, there is no mention of Jesus in the Talmud at all.

THE TALMUD & JESUS CHRIST

From the Jewish Encyclopedia, we learned that the Talmud slanders our Savior, Jesus Christ.

"... the Jewish Encyclopœdia admits that Jewish legends concerning Jesus are found in the Talmud and Midrash and in " the life of Jesus ( Toledot Yeshu) that originated in the Middle Ages. It is the tendency of all these sources to belittlethe person of Jesus by ascribing to Him illegitimate birth, magic, and a shameful death. " 1.
Rev. I. B. Pranaitis revealed in The Talmud Unmasked that Jesus is also maligned as a false teacher:
"… He[Jesus] is referred to in the Talmud as Otho Isch- "That man," i.e. the one who is known to all. In the tract Abhodah Zarah, 6a, we read: "He is called a Christian who follows the false teachings of that man, who taught them to celebrate the feast on the first day of the Sabbath, that is, to worship on the first day after Sabbath…Talui, -"The one who was hanged"…" 2.
Jewish sources avoid the Greek name "Jesus", meaning 'savior', and abbreviate Jeschua to "Jeshu' which means "may his name be blotted out!"

celldog said:
THE TALMUD & JESUS CHRIST

From the Jewish Encyclopedia, we learned that the Talmud slanders our Savior, Jesus Christ.

"... the Jewish Encyclopœdia admits that Jewish legends concerning Jesus are found in the Talmud and Midrash and in " the life of Jesus ( Toledot Yeshu) that originated in the Middle Ages. It is the tendency of all these sources to belittlethe person of Jesus by ascribing to Him illegitimate birth, magic, and a shameful death. " 1.
Rev. I. B. Pranaitis revealed in The Talmud Unmasked that Jesus is also maligned as a false teacher:
"… He[Jesus] is referred to in the Talmud as Otho Isch- "That man," i.e. the one who is known to all. In the tract Abhodah Zarah, 6a, we read: "He is called a Christian who follows the false teachings of that man, who taught them to celebrate the feast on the first day of the Sabbath, that is, to worship on the first day after Sabbath…Talui, -"The one who was hanged"…" 2.
Jewish sources avoid the Greek name "Jesus", meaning 'savior', and abbreviate Jeschua to "Jeshu' which means "may his name be blotted out!"

"The Jewish Encyclopedia"? Unfamiliar with it. And where is all that from, if you don't mind me asking? It's rather... slanted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"