Another BLADE movie.............

whoever said that when people say Blade they think Snipes...youre right. I think Blade and I see Snipes. Too bad he's in jail right?

Work release. He can even bring in his new "roommates" to play bad guy extras. :oldrazz:

reboot and keep goyer?

stupid:down

if there's one thing you want to get rid of from this series it's goyer.

I don't think so...just keep Goyer out of the director's chair and you're fine.

I wish people would stop wrapping themselves in the flaky tortilla of "cool powers makes for a cool character"

Nobody's saying that. There are plenty of lame characters with awesome powers. There are plenty of cool characters with so-so powers. There are even some cool characters with lame powers. But IMO, Blade had nothing of real substance-in terms of powers, character or backstory-that would have translated well to film had they not tweaked him. And for the record, vampire powers aren't all that cool. Seriously. But "Daywalker" is a hell of a lot more interesting than "Guy in a pimp jacket throwing wooden knives". Guy walking into a room full of vampires and they all take a step back? Cool. Mere mortal walking into a room full of vamps & they know he hasn't got the strength, speed or stamina to take them all down? Come on.

^ I have to agree with that arguement... A lot of the character's cool came from the theme and story-line, as well as, by way of Snipes' performance.

Nobody's saying that. There are plenty of lame characters with awesome powers. There are plenty of cool characters with so-so powers. There are even some cool characters with lame powers. But IMO, Blade had nothing of real substance-in terms of powers, character or backstory-that would have translated well to film had they not tweaked him. And for the record, vampire powers aren't all that cool. Seriously. But "Daywalker" is a hell of a lot more interesting than "Guy in a pimp jacket throwing wooden knives". Guy walking into a room full of vampires and they all take a step back? Cool. Mere mortal walking into a room full of vamps & they know he hasn't got the strength, speed or stamina to take them all down? Come on.

:up:

What i loved about Blade was his origin. The way he got his Vampire powers. His mom was bitten, right before she gave birth to him, so he only got a percentage of the vampire virus - which allowed him to have all of their strengths and none of their weaknesses.....plus 'The Daywalker is a cool name'.

Goyer complimented Snipes (yes, even on the Trinity dvd commentary :eek) by saying that Wesley was the master of conveying his badassness/coolness with very minimal dialogue. That was another quality about Snipes Blade that i'll miss, if the role is re-cast because i seriously doubt anyone can pull it off quite like Wesley; Stickey sure couldn't.

Keep Goyer as a writer. That's where he's at his best. He wrote Blade 1 and 2, and Batman Begins and TDK, so his talent is apparent, it's just that his work needs to be fine tuned by someone else like the movies co-writer or it's director; this is why Blade:Trinity failed cause in that movie, this wasn't the case.

I'm somewhat sad that Goyer and Wesley had such a bad falling out. Their commentary on the Blade 2 dvd is one of the most enjoyable commentaries on any dvd i own. I hope, in time, they can put aside their differences and work together again to give us another Blade movie.

:up:

Keep Goyer as a writer. That's where he's at his best. He wrote Blade 1 and 2, and Batman Begins and TDK, so his talent is apparent, it's just that his work needs to be fine tuned by someone else like the movies co-writer or it's director; this is why Blade:Trinity failed cause in that movie, this wasn't the case.

Agreed.

Goyer's a good writer. I'm sure he can still tell a great Blade story, being he has checks on him, and someone strong enough as Wesley was to moderate or alter Goyer's vision of Blade to make the character work.

That being said, I wouldn't mind perhaps seeing someone else take a crack at Blade either.

Another Blade more without Goyer or Snipes is hard to imagine cause of what they bought to the character who was at best a B list hero before they got a hold of the character. There influence was so great on Blade that marvel had to change how they presented the character.

Goyer brings cool ideas to the table but left unchecked with his writing he's terrible. Like batman begins has some cool stuff in it, but if it wasn't for the acting, and direction that movie wouldv'e failed big time as alot of the lines are crap.
I wouldn't mind him doing story work for a Blade 4 like he did for the dark knight, but writing the whole thing I'd rather him stay away.

Goyer and Wesley should both be praised for what they did for Blade, something the people at Marvel have failed to replicate so far. That being said, I don't think we should get so caught up on Goyer and even Wesley's take on the character and be unwilling to accept someone else taking a crack at it. I would like to see more complexity with Blade and his world, while respecting the roots that Goyer and Wesley laid down.

To me Christopher Reeve is the definitive Superman, but that doesn't mean that I didn't think Gerard Christopher, Tom Welling, and even Dean Cain and Brandon Routh haven't done passable to great jobs with essentially the same character. The same with the Batmen-except Clooney- and all the Hulks and the last two Punishers.

I think Blade is an interesting enough character, a big enough character to survive different interpretations on him. Goyer and Snipes made him cool an showed the potential. But they weren't perfect. I would like to see if someone else could build on what Goyer and Snipes started.

Goyer and Wesley should both be praised for what they did for Blade, something the people at Marvel have failed to replicate so far. That being said, I don't think we should get so caught up on Goyer and even Wesley's take on the character and be unwilling to accept someone else taking a crack at it. I would like to see more complexity with Blade and his world, while respecting the roots that Goyer and Wesley laid down.

To me Christopher Reeve is the definitive Superman, but that doesn't mean that I didn't think Gerard Christopher, Tom Welling, and even Dean Cain and Brandon Routh haven't done passable to great jobs with essentially the same character. The same with the Batmen-except Clooney- and all the Hulks and the last two Punishers.

I think Blade is an interesting enough character, a big enough character to survive different interpretations on him. Goyer and Snipes made him cool an showed the potential. But they weren't perfect. I would like to see if someone else could build on what Goyer and Snipes started.

Your right about not being tied down to what Goyer and Snipes cause all things must change. Who ever picks this up has to stay true to the roots of Goyer and Snipes(not marvel, one of the few times you could almost completely disregard the original source) but find a way to build on it. An origin story would be a good way to start.

I would definitely welcome another Blade movie. After watching all 3 blade movies recently, I think there can be many stories and cool places for Blade to go to.

Let goyer write since that is his strength, try to bring snipes back in if not recast, and very important, choose a director that can deliver a movie that is in tune with the style of the first two movies.

I think a lot of us are willing to ignore the events of the 3rd movie just to keep these movies going. Keep whistler around, keep the vampires as an underground culture, continue the techno/hiphop style. Id like to see frost back on the 4th one. Morbius is a nice choice as well.

I wonder why people didn't like the MAX Blade series. It was done in the same style as the movies. And the story was good in my opinion. I wish marvel could've brought it back instead of using that series by Marc Guggenheim. I'm not mad at Marc though. He brought Blade back into the Marvel Comics Presents and the MI-13 comic series.

What was so bad about this though????????????????
274471-22138-blade_large.jpg

There's some intresting characters that can be put into Blade 4 like Lilith, Varne, Frank Drake, Morbius. They can incorparate Blade's evil alter ego called Switchblade into the movie. Switchblade was like a psycho version of him. He would kill anything that had anything to do with the occult. He killed Hannibal King and Johnny Blaze.

Last edited:
Goyer and Wesley should both be praised for what they did for Blade, something the people at Marvel have failed to replicate so far.

They have replicated it with X-men and Iron Man.

That being said, I don't think we should get so caught up on Goyer and even Wesley's take on the character and be unwilling to accept someone else taking a crack at it. I would like to see more complexity with Blade and his world, while respecting the roots that Goyer and Wesley laid down.

Agreed.

I wonder why people didn't like the MAX Blade series. It was done in the same style as the movies. And the story was good in my opinion. I wish marvel could've brought it back instead of using that series by Marc Guggenheim. I not mad at Marc though. He brought Blade back into the Marvel Comics Presents and the MI-13 comic series.

What was so bad about this though????????????????
274471-22138-blade_large.jpg

It wasn't so much the look but the quality. I don't recall comic fans being overjoyed that much with the MAX comics like they did with the movies.

I read one issue and wasn't that impressed, either. It was decent and not that memorable.

Guggenheim didn't bring Blade into MI 13 it was Paul Cornell.

There's some intresting characters that can be put into Blade 4 like Lilith, Varne, Frank Drake, Morbius.

They can incorparate Blade's evil alter ego called Switchblade into the movie. Switchblade was like a psycho version of him. He would kill anything that had anything to do with the occult. He killed Hannibal King and Johnny Blaze.

Hell yeah! :word:

The MAX series was a decent book-not great. Arguably better than anything else he's appeared in, apart from the "Sins Of THe Father" one-shot.
412BYUKmVJZL_SL500_AA240_.jpg

But having him in a series where he refuses to use a sword didn't exactly scream "Keep reading".

Last edited:
I guess I'm not as judgemental as everybody esle. The idea of a queen(looking similar to Marcus from Underworld 2) and an 8 ft tall bodyquard with a horn coming out of his chin that's part of a race of demonic vampires and Blade being chased down by a top secret agency that deals with supernatrual entities was a good story to me. Also Blade's last girlfriend was killed by him with his sword becuase he mistook her for a vampire. So he stopped using a sword for a while. He eventually started using a sword again in issue #5. The vampire queen wanted to get inpregnated by Blade so she could give birth to a type of Anti-Christ. The artist even gave regular vampires glowing red eyes. Blade had glowing golden brown eyes. That was a nice extra feature. The writer took the original Blade and mixed him with the movie Blade. These were good ideas in my opinion. If there's a comic series of a charcter I like I don't just read one or two issues then say "this is terrible, I'm not reading the next issues". I give the comic a chance to get better.

Exactly what did you people want?

Last edited:
There's some intresting characters that can be put into Blade 4 like Lilith, Varne, Frank Drake, Morbius.
I would LOVE to one day see a Blade movie with Michael Morbius as the main villain.

I would LOVE to one day see a Blade movie with Michael Morbius as the main villain.

That would be a very good... also something with Jack Russel to take a break from vampires. I have said it before, using Blade to intro some of the other dark characters would be a great way to develop a big cross-over team-up, with a major supernatural villain(s) (Lilith, Zarathos, a much better Mephisto and/or Blackheart, HYDRA's DOA, Varnae).

I'd like the idea of Blade maybe being reluctant to kill Morbius, as Morbius is 1-not a traditional vampire, & 2-searching for a cure.

well bloody hell, we've been waiting for morbius for years and instead we got blade trinity, where dracula wears bondage and tight leather to get his thrills.

and then we had useless characters added in who did nothing for the story at all, and were a complete waste of space.

add to that, the fight scenes in Trinity were filmed using shaky cam, whereas in the first two we had proper fight scenes with proper choreographers.

In Blade trinity, it looks like David goyer himself choregraphed the lame fight scenes.

no wonder Snipes got pissed off, a chance to make a great 3rd movie was flushed down the toilet, all for the lame excuse of catering for the teen audience.

how pathetic is that?

The first one and the second movies were not catered for teens, they were simply hardcore martial arts, horror action.

technically, there is nothing to stop another sequel being made.

In Blade Trinity, whistler is "supposedly" dead, yet we only see an explosion and thats it.

Maybe some decent writer can somehow work around this, bring Whistler back, bring Snipes back as Blade and forget any mention of those terrible Nightstalkers.

Do another gritty R rated movie with Morbius or some other nasty villian, and set it at night, not during daylight for the entire movie like Blade Trinity.

Oh, and give Blade the maximum amount of ass kicking scenes possible.

Preferably with no shaky cam or lame edits.

It would be cool if Blade started coming across some shredded corpses of vampires, devil-worshippers, demonic beings, and various other kinds of dark-underworld creatures. Blade starts sniffing around to find out what is going on. He comes across Jack Russell taking out bad guys that were part of a secret cult. The two start at each other... but eventually work together to take out the cult (this could spin-off to being a small group of Lilin working to resurect their mother... which brings me to my repeated theme of a dark-book cross-over with Blade, Werewolf, Morbius, GR, a proper Frank Drake and Hannibal King... the Redeemers).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"