The Next "Blade" Movie...

^
I've read that Wesley wasn't the easiest person to deal with during the Blade Trinity shoot but I chalk some of that up to the move to use Blade Trinity as a starting point for a Nightstalkers franchise in addition to other things. If I recall correctly both Snipes and Kris Kristoffersen (sp) sued New Line over the film.

Yeah, that is what I heard, too. Honestly, I would prefer a less ensemble-based take on the character, send him back to just kicking arse solo. Blade II worked well because there was that conflict there, teaming up with the Nightstalkers just had this whole "Kids these days, amirite?" vibe throughout.

I only saw a little of the series (I'm not even sure they aired the whole thing here), but I liked what I saw - I'd be happy for them to recast Jones in a film - was the series supposed to be a follow-up to Trinity?

no excuse not to revamp in a few years, cameo in Avengers 2, Dr. Strange, etc.

Yeah, that is what I heard, too. Honestly, I would prefer a less ensemble-based take on the character, send him back to just kicking arse solo. Blade II worked well because there was that conflict there, teaming up with the Nightstalkers just had this whole "Kids these days, amirite?" vibe throughout.

I only saw a little of the series (I'm not even sure they aired the whole thing here), but I liked what I saw - I'd be happy for them to recast Jones in a film - was the series supposed to be a follow-up to Trinity?

Yes, the series was supposed to follow the movies, however I'm not sure it was a continuity-wise straight continuation. If I recall, there were some changes in how Blade met Whistler on the show compared to the movies, and I don't think they explained why the Daystar virus failed, though I think its creator, Summerfield (sp) was mentioned in one of the episodes.

While I thought that Jones got better as the show went on, and he was enthusiastic about the role, I would rather go with someone else. Jones wasn't the strongest actor and he just didn't have the martial arts skills of Snipes or a Michael Jai White. I thought Jones was pretty buff, but not fluid.

I also think the TV show was something of an ensemble show. You had Blade, Shen, and Krista, but Marcus and Chase also got a lot of face time too. Perhaps the TV show characters just weren't the dead weight that some of Trinity's Nightstalkers were.

I'm gonna put my vote for sequel. There are a lot of good points in this thread, the most important for me being that Blade is Snipes in the publics view. The majority of people would associate Blade with a martial arts film rather than a horror comic book.

I'm not convinced about the "Daybreakers" style plot but a 4th Blade film that actually moved the character on would be most welcome. A reboot for me is both too soon and generally unnecessary. Blade trinity was pretty poor but with the right marketing, a sequel could easily gain a lot of hype.

I'm gonna put my vote for sequel. There are a lot of good points in this thread, the most important for me being that Blade is Snipes in the publics view. The majority of people would associate Blade with a martial arts film rather than a horror comic book.

I'm not convinced about the "Daybreakers" style plot but a 4th Blade film that actually moved the character on would be most welcome. A reboot for me is both too soon and generally unnecessary. Blade trinity was pretty poor but with the right marketing, a sequel could easily gain a lot of hype.

I agree,, I really just think they should pick it back up where Blade 1 left... I truly think the sequels went off the track that much in story,direction, style. If they brought it back to Blade 1 it would almost be like rebooting and carrying on the orginal (if that makes sense)....Ipersonally dont think the public would even care.

I hope you hear me Norrington...

Kinda OT: I wanna go as Blade for Halloween and I was wondering has anyone see a cheap vest that Blade wore in one of his movies? Or at least something like it?

169g9s9.jpg

DSC01909.jpg

99i1i8.jpg

x1m6uw.jpg

All the ones I find are way too expensive (like $200) for a Halloween costume

Good Luck putting the costume together......post pics if you do get it together...LOL...I've looked for replica quality items for costume(s) ideas and it can get expensive depending on the quality of the items...

One thing I wished they explored or expanded upon from the first film was what happened to Karen's coworker-friend-ex Curtis. He became sorta like a zombie-vampire. I always thought that was a little tidbit that could have been something to expand upon in sequel(s). Although looking back vampire/mutations may be too similar to the reapers...

Good Luck putting the costume together......post pics if you do get it together...LOL...I've looked for replica quality items for costume(s) ideas and it can get expensive depending on the quality of the items...
See i dont want replica level stuff. I just want a cheap halloween costume in the vain of those cheap Spider-Man or Batman costumes they sell to Party City

I came across this on IMDB about Blade III. I thought it made for an interesting read.

A lot of the things Wesley said in the old (New Line) chat rooms were along the lines of...

He was not allowed the same creative input he had during Blade 1 & 2. (And it shows)

The original script theme he signed on for was changed behind his back. He felt he was being used as the fall guy to start a Nightstalkers spin off franchise (In which he was). The original story was supposed to take place years later after Blade 2, with the humans already being enslaved by the vampires. No Dracula. It was in their best interest to listen to Wesley because the Nightstalker movie got scrapped and the Blade tv show flopped without him.

He had become friends with Goyer and starred in his film Zig Zag because he believed they had a mutual understanding about what they wanted to do for the next Blade film. The studio didn't want Goyer to direct Blade Trinity because he did not have directing experience at the time. Wesley helped get Zig Zag off the ground to help Goyer prove to the studio that he could handle himself in the director's chair. When Blade Trinity wasn't going as planned, Wesley felt betrayed.

During open question, Wesley warned fans that he would not be doing any interviews to promote the film. (That's when we knew things were really getting bad). He had said something like "I promote movies that I'm in, and unfortunately I'm not in Blade Trinity". He pulled out of all public appearances, comic conventions, and promotions. I chuckle now looking back because when you watch the film it's almost like Blade is a secondary character.

Wesley is a method actor. Once tension arouse, suddenly Wesley was "difficult" to work with, even though he was method acting in the first two films. Although yes, once things were getting rocky he only showed up to do the bare minimum requirements. There was also an incident where they claimed they "smelt" marijuana coming from his trailer.

The scene where Wesley talks down on the Nightstalkers calling them "rookies", is actually off script and how he really felt about the film. He basically badmouthed them in that scene and returned back to his trailer, refusing to do a retake of the actual lines. The scene where Blade neglects to unchain Hannibal King, and heads directly after Dracula is also off script. The scene where Wesley goes back for his sword and says "forgot my sword" is also off script. Yet these are some of the best scenes in the film. Wesley obviously knew how to play the character, yet everyone continued to ignore his input.

I'm not defending Wesley's behavior or how he dealt with the situation. I just wanted to explain the REASONS behind it. These are just conversations that Wesley had with the fans. His side of the story. It's all he said she said from both sides really. Just wanted to share.

If you listen to the audio commentaries on Blade 1 & 2 its like him and Goyer are the best of friends. Goyer has nothing but positive words to say. Then play Trinity's... and it's like Goyer is talking about a totally different person. Always downing Wesley, pointing out every flaw, and every shot where "that's not Wesley that's his stunt double". 8 year friendship out the window.

^Yeah this all came out around the time of the movie as well, at the time the movie came out it sounded like Wesley was being difficult.

Since the movie came out people obviously realise Wesley was right, he has been involved in film-making longer than Goyer has and in all fairness probably knew more about directing than Goyer as well.

I have to take Wesley's side.Back In 1997,1998 thed di Interviews from set of first Blade
and wesley did them In character as Blade.That proves him being method(Ryan reynolds
In promating Blade Trinity made swipe at him saying he never worked with wesley snipes
only blade) plus on first 2 films wesley was also one of fight choregophers.His real life
martial arts training was helpful.Since he later sued them It's not surprising he signed on thinking the third film was going to be the Dark Knight returns like story of future of Blade returning In vampire controlled world.Goyer and new line screwed him and the series over to try to launch a nightstalers spinoff which never happened.

I came across this on IMDB about Blade III. I thought it made for an interesting read.

My opinion is pretty much similar to whoever wrote that message. I've said numerous times Snipes doesn't get enough credit for the success of Blade even though he contributed a lot to the movies. Goyer always seems to get the praises but it was him and New Line that wanted to go that direction for Trinity. Movie didn’t do as good as the previous movies so they try to blame Snipes for the downfall.

Last edited:
For me, Snipes is to Blade is what RDJ is to Stark. It will really be hard to ever not picture either of those guys as those characters whether it's a new blade for the new movie or a recast in the MCU for stark or an eventual reboot way down the line.

^He was essential to the character, and his on screen portrayal. He changed the characters perception so much, when people think of Blade they think of Wesley, thats how essential he was.

The problem is I think people would have a hard time seeing anyone else in the role if Marvel decide to re-boot, me included.

Just recently purchased and watched the first 2 movies on Blu-ray, they are still amazing, with the exception of the Transformers movies and Spiderman 2, no other CBM can compare to Blade 1 and II in terms of action, but then, they have good character moments in them also.

Blade II is still one of my top CBM's to this day, and the end fight with Nomak has only been beaten by Optimus Prime's forest fight in TF2, other than that no action scene in a comic book has beaten it for me.

I wonder if Marvel has any plans for Blade at all? If they can get to the level of the first two movies I would love a Blade 4 with Wesley or even, if they find someone suitable, a re-boot.

Yeah, Blade 2 is one of the few sequels that exceeded the first one, to me. Both were amazing.

Just recently purchased and watched the first 2 movies on Blu-ray, they are still amazing, with the exception of the Transformers movies and Spiderman 2, no other CBM can compare to Blade 1 and II in terms of action, but then, they have good character moments in them also.

Blade II is still one of my top CBM's to this day, and the end fight with Nomak has only been beaten by Optimus Prime's forest fight in TF2, other than that no action scene in a comic book has beaten it for me.

I wonder if Marvel has any plans for Blade at all? If they can get to the level of the first two movies I would love a Blade 4 with Wesley or even, if they find someone suitable, a re-boot.

As far as I know, there are no definite plans. The last thing Marvel did with the character was the anime series, which was a mixed bag, IMO. However I give Marvel credit for doing the anime series since Blade is one of their best characters for anime. I've heard rumors a couple years back that there were plans to do a prequel film about Deacon Frost, but I never really believed that. I thought Frost was a great villain but since how he was only in one film, about 10 years ago, I couldn't see that generating enough interest for a new film.

It would be great to see Marvel do something with him before the current vampire craze goes away.

As for comics I haven't seen Blade show up in about a year or so. He was a part of the X-Men v. Vampires thing last year and also an Ultimates v. Vampires thing about the same time. I haven't been following Marvel much lately so I don't know where he stands in the comics.

I'm a huge wesley snipe fan and yes wesley did sue foyer because he inputs was not taken into point at all blade actually wanted del toro to be the director for the third movie him and snipes.already had a plan to go with a vampire post apocalypse type of story line . I agree blade was a second character in the movie.

I have to take Wesley's side.Back In 1997,1998 thed di Interviews from set of first Blade
and wesley did them In character as Blade.That proves him being method(Ryan reynolds
In promating Blade Trinity made swipe at him saying he never worked with wesley snipes
only blade) plus on first 2 films wesley was also one of fight choregophers.His real life
martial arts training was helpful.Since he later sued them It's not surprising he signed on thinking the third film was going to be the Dark Knight returns like story of future of Blade returning In vampire controlled world.Goyer and new line screwed him and the series over to try to launch a nightstalers spinoff which never happened.
I agree with a 100percent

I'm a huge wesley snipe fan and yes wesley did sue foyer because he inputs was not taken into point at all blade actually wanted del toro to be the director for the third movie him and snipes.already had a plan to go with a vampire post apocalypse

Yeah, Blade 2 is one of the few sequels that exceeded the first one, to me. Both were amazing.

Agreed, loved Blade, still do, but Blade II topped it for me, just thought everything was better about it and it moved the character on in a good way.

He is only 50 and he is in top shape

And surely the Expendables movies show that age isnt really a factor when it comes to shooting an action movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"