Another Nosferatu remake is coming

:eek:

Superhero
Reaction score
Nosferatu Remake Reportedly in the Works

Count Orlok looks poised for a comeback.

By Jordan Sirani

A remake of the silent horror film Nosferatu is in the works at Studio 8.
Deadline reports the currently untitled remake of the 1922 classic will be written and directed by Robert Eggers. Eggers wrote and directed The Witch, which earned him the directing award at the Sundance Film Festival earlier this year. Jay Van Hoy and Lars Knudsen’s production company, Parts and Labor, will produce the film.
This wouldn't be the first time Nosferatu was remade; Werner Herzog's Nosferatu the Vampyre was released in 1979.

IGN named the original film's Count Orlok one of the most influential monsters in movie history, calling Max Schreck’s performance as Orlok "eerie and iconic."
In related, and more unfortunate news, the head of original Nosferatu director F.W. Murnau was reportedly stolen from his grave recently.

Hearing ridiculously good things about The Witch. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this.

So far there has been a remake and a satirical film that almost acts as a spirit remake of the original, and they've all gotten amazing reviews, considering the people behind this aren't exactly the usual blockbuster studio, there are high chances it might be realy good.

Along with this one there is also an odd remake/remix film super imposing new actors into the the original film and expanding it.

Doug Jones is playing Count Orlock .

Here's his version.

orlok1.jpg

Along with this one there is also an odd remake/remix film super imposing new actors into the the original film and expanding it.

Here's his version.

orlok1.jpg

Reminds me of the vamp from Salem´s Lot.

[YT]watch?v=Cx5ccYRtlQ4[/YT]

And who can ever forget Willem Dafoe and John Malkovich in Shadow of the Vampire?

What I would really like to see is Elizabeth Kostova's epic novel The Historian made into a film, or miniseries.

Here's his version.

orlok1.jpg
That looks realy cool

Why don't they just call it another version of Stoker's Dracula - after all, that is what the German filmmakers did because they couldn't get legal rights to the title from Bram Stoker's widow. Nosferatu is only recognizable as a separate entity by the unique makeups of actors Max Schreck and Klaus Kinski.

Why don't they just call it another version of Stoker's Dracula - after all, that is what the German filmmakers did because they couldn't get legal rights to the title from Bram Stoker's widow. Nosferatu is only recognizable as a separate entity by the unique makeups of actors Max Schreck and Klaus Kinski.

Maybe because that style of design is exactly what they're going for?

Doug Jones To Lead "Nosferau" Remake

By Garth Franklin Wednesday April 13th 2016 09:55PM
He's played Abe Sapien in "Hellboy," the Pale Man in "Pan's Labyrinth," and the Silver Surfer in the "Fantastic Four" sequel. Now, Doug Jones is set to take on another iconic character.
Jones has scored the title role in "Nosferatu," David Lee Fisher's upcoming remake of F.W. Murnau's iconic 1922 silent German expressionist horror film - considered the first true vampire film ever made.
The original, unauthorized adaptation of Bram Stoker's "Dracula," follows a young woman's supernatural quest to save her true love's soul and the entire world from the shadow of infernal darkness.
The film will boast a mix of live-action elements combined with colorized digital backgrounds recreated from the original film. Emrhys Cooper, Joely Fisher, Sarah Carter and Jake Turner also star.
Source: Variety

So I take it the Robert Eggers one isn't happening now?

I cannot wait. Come out tomorrow.

Here's his version.

orlok1.jpg

So how many Nosferatu films are there being made?

The one you mention sounds different to the recently announced Eggers version. Is this thread about a 3rd Nosferatu film being made?

Will watch pretty much anything with Anya Taylor Joy in after Split :hmr:

So, I just watched The Witch and really thought it was interesting. Then just read that the director/writer is making this his followup but that there hasn't been an update since the casting of Anya Taylor-Joy?

Has this been filming in secret? Or is it in development hell?

EDIT: I see he's finished a film called The Lighthouse with Robert Pattinson and Willem Dafoe that's supposed to be released this year.

Guess there won't be movement on Nosferatu until after that. Interesting the casting of Willem Dafoe since he did his own version of Nosferatu.

Development hell I think. Or it got back-burnered.

Maybe after The Lighthouse?

Last edited:
They should get Christopher Walken as Max Schreck playing Nosferatu. :o

Development hell I think. Or got back-burnered.

Maybe after The Lighthouse?

I forgot where he mentioned the lighthouse was being made first because there was already a script. Money for that came as he was working on Nosferatu, so he went and it made it first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"