Ant-Man and the Wasp News and Speculation Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure a founding/original member of the freakin' Avengers would ever be considered "C-list". He's never been hugely popular in an X-Men or Hulk type of way, but he's not exactly obscure either.

Not sure a founding/original member of the freakin' Avengers would ever be considered "C-list". He's never been hugely popular in an X-Men or Hulk type of way, but he's not exactly obscure either.
Ant-Man is pretty obscure to most people. There are people that have read Marvel comics for decades that don't know the Ant-Man characters that well. Before the movie came out most people had no idea of the extent of Ant-Man's powers. Most people had barely heard of Scott Lang and the only things some people knew of Hank Pym was that he is crazy, hit his wife and created Ultron.

Most people considered Iron Man a B-List character before the movies and he had a ongoing comic for decades, Tom Cruise attached to star as Iron Man when the property was at Paramount and a couple of reasonably popular cartoon series.

Personally I hate all the A-B-C List categorizing stuff. I think it is arbitrary as most characters popularity rise and fall. The handful of Superheroes that are household names are usually in that position due to other types of media besides comics.

Being a founding member of the Avengers doesn't count for much with many people. Lots of folks don't back and read old comic stories. The Avengers was primarily Marvel's B team book behind the X-Men most of it's history. The Avengers brand exploded when Bendis took over the title and made nearly every popular Marvel superhero an Avenger.

Personally I hate all the A-B-C List categorizing stuff. I think it is arbitrary as most characters popularity rise and fall. The handful of Superheroes that are household names are usually in that position due to other types of media besides comics.
Good observation, and that's why, IMO, these characters have done so well; they're not fighting against expectations.

If you consider Cap and Iron Man were considered B-list until 12/15 years ago, it might be fair to say Ant-Man is a C.

Not knocking him, he's def more famous now than 10 years ago I would say. :sly:

Though I always thought Guardians of the Galaxy was super obscure but Marvel chose them for a film and it produced 2 huge films. So what do I know :woot:

Ant-Man is pretty obscure to most people. There are people that have read Marvel comics for decades that don't know the Ant-Man characters that well. Before the movie came out most people had no idea of the extent of Ant-Man's powers. Most people had barely heard of Scott Lang and the only things some people knew of Hank Pym was that he is crazy, hit his wife and created Ultron.

Most people considered Iron Man a B-List character before the movies and he had a ongoing comic for decades, Tom Cruise attached to star as Iron Man when the property was at Paramount and a couple of reasonably popular cartoon series.

Being a founding member of the Avengers doesn't count for much with many people. Lots of folks don't back and read old comic stories. The Avengers was primarily Marvel's B team book behind the X-Men most of it's history. The Avengers brand exploded when Bendis took over the title and made nearly every popular Marvel superhero an Avenger.

^THIS.

I was a kid in the 90's. I read Batman and Spiderman comics and watched their animated series as well as the X-Men's. I never even knew about the Avengers. I always thought it was the movie with Uma Thurman :sly:

Even though Ant Man wasn't in the trailer for Infinity War I see him and Wasp showing up in Avengers 4 anyway but then how will they explain their absence in IW

Even though Ant Man wasn't in the trailer for Infinity War I see him and Wasp showing up in Avengers 4 anyway but then how will they explain their absence in IW

It will be explained likely post credits or in Ant-Man and the Wasp. They will likely be big players in Avengers 4.

I wonder if Thanos will somehow get to Hank

It will be explained likely post credits or in Ant-Man and the Wasp. They will likely be big players in Avengers 4.
According to various sources, they're both confirmed for Avengers 4, although reading Wikipedia earlier, it specifically states that this film follows on from Civil War - there's no mention of Infinity War, so I'm wondering whether Ant Man & the Wasp is a prequel to Infinity War - one where they (by the conclusion of the film) are trapped, either in another realm, or on another planet, and it takes an event from Infinity War to bring them back into the fold for the Avengers 4 Sequel?

According to various sources, they're both confirmed for Avengers 4, although reading Wikipedia earlier, it specifically states that this film follows on from Civil War - there's no mention of Infinity War, so I'm wondering whether Ant Man & the Wasp is a prequel to Infinity War - one where they (by the conclusion of the film) are trapped, either in another realm, or on another planet, and it takes an event from Infinity War to bring them back into the fold for the Avengers 4 Sequel?

I am thinking it is.

Second trailer with Solo seems likely

I am betting second trailer with Infinity War :cwink:

The second trailer will be with Infinity War for sure. Marvel always likes to have a new trailer for one of their next movies on deck with each film they put out there.

“It was important to me, in this movie called Ant-Man and The Wasp, that she’s not a supporting character. She’s a lead character. She’s become a fully-formed hero. She really was, along with Sue Storm of the Fantastic Four, one of the first female Marvel heroes. I feel a certain responsibility with The Wasp.”

“It’s not a romantic comedy. The idea might enter Hope’s brain: does she need Scott Lang in her life?”

https://superbromovies.com/2018/03/...or-peyton-reed/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Image isn't showing up (at least not for me) I believe the image tags require the URL of the image to end in a .(image extension) (i.e. .jpg or .gif)).

Here's the image from that tweet:

DYwdiRlVQAEumia.jpg

Image isn't showing up (at least not for me) I believe the image tags require the URL of the image to end in a .(image extension) (i.e. .jpg or .gif)).

Here's the image from that tweet:

DYwdiRlVQAEumia.jpg

Thanks. Was trying to post in class and mobile

That Wasp costume with the color combo in that promo pic is easily the best looking female Mcu costume imo.

I can't wait for Hope to meet the other Avengers in the universe especially her meeting Stark considering the history her father Hank has with his father Howard

I can't wait for Hope to meet the other Avengers in the universe especially her meeting Stark considering the history her father Hank has with his father Howard
If Hank survives this movie, I would be most excited to see him meet everyone.

I wonder if Thanos will somehow get to Hank
Unless they said the timeline, I still feel it will be right after Civil War.

I think the credit scene for IWs or this could be them coming out of the subatomic place and seeing destruction.

Well Hank will be reunited with his wife Janet I mean that is inevitable and with them I wonder if we will get more flashbacks of them as a team as the first Ant Man and Wasp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"